ST. PATTY'S - BLOOD RED SKY, A Tribute to U2 - HARD ROCK CAFE - DALLAS, TX!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootsified

Babyface
BLOOD RED SKY - A Tribute to U2

St. Patrick's Day - March 17th, 2006

Hard Rock Cafe - Dallas, TX

10:00pm - 12:00am

$10 at the door - ALL AGES WELCOME!

Come experience a multi-media event dedicated to the 26 years of great music of U2, performed by Dallas's own, BLOOD RED SKY.

bloodredskyu2 dot com

shit....

I didn't see this until yesterday.

If you (bootsified) know ahead of time of their gigs, please let the Yahoo group U2Texas know ASAP, or PM me and I can help spread the word to many other U2 forums that I'm connected to. I never knew we had our own tribute band here in Dallas until after the show. Plus too, I was on Spring Break and away from my computer a lot. If you know the band members, please tell them to get hooked up on here on Interference and U2Texas, so that they can tell people well in advance of their shows. If I knew before Spring Break started, I could have had at least ten people come with me.

:sigh: Oh well...

I and many other local U2 fans would love to try and go to the next show!

:hyper:

Can't wait!

I went there friday night and they sounded great. I was searching for st. paddy's parties in Dallas and I stumbled on to this post. I was extremely pumped. There was a huge crowd there and most people were really into the band. These guys really have the u2 sound down. The singer forgot the words a few times, but he has a good voice. He's not bono-esque, like some other tribute band bono's i've seen. You know the ones, they dress and act like bono on stage. But so what, I want to hear the songs. The guitar player was phenomenal. He had the edge to the T, with effects and all. They had midi backing to many of the songs that I swear were ripped off from the u2 tour. Especially the keyboard track to "one". There website isnt running quite yet so I dont know where they are playing next. But, I will definitely be at many of their upcoming gigs.

I forgot to mention, these guys are kids! They didnt look older than 25. Edge looked like a teenager. It's good to see the music affect younger and talented musicians. By the way, I am not in the band and I am not affiliated with these guys. They mentioned they had a few other band names, but i've never heard of them.

Thanks!!!

I'm glad I finally found this. I play drums in the band and also help in booking the band as well. First of all, thanks for all the great comments! You've pretty much complimented on exactly what we are going for: to have the music sound as authentic as possible in regard to tone/backing tracks/etc.. having some visual resemblance of the band, but to make it more of a tribute to their music instead of trying to be U2!! What we lack in actually mimicing the looks of each member of U2, we more than make up for in our sound, production, and overall show!! So thanks for reassuring us that what we have set out to do is coming across well in our live performances.

We are in the process of getting all of our promotional material together so that we may be able to start booking our show in the DFW area and anywhere else this project leads us. Stay tuned to our website, as mentioned by our webmaster and bass player in the first post above, for video clips, sound clips, pictures, and for future gigs. This forum will be a great tool to get a ton of people to our shows! Thanks again.

Chris

Re: Thanks!!!

brsdrummer said:
I'm glad I finally found this. I play drums in the band and also help in booking the band as well. First of all, thanks for all the great comments! You've pretty much complimented on exactly what we are going for: to have the music sound as authentic as possible in regard to tone/backing tracks/etc.. having some visual resemblance of the band, but to make it more of a tribute to their music instead of trying to be U2!! What we lack in actually mimicing the looks of each member of U2, we more than make up for in our sound, production, and overall show!! So thanks for reassuring us that what we have set out to do is coming across well in our live performances.

We are in the process of getting all of our promotional material together so that we may be able to start booking our show in the DFW area and anywhere else this project leads us. Stay tuned to our website, as mentioned by our webmaster and bass player in the first post above, for video clips, sound clips, pictures, and for future gigs. This forum will be a great tool to get a ton of people to our shows! Thanks again.

Chris

Howdy! Welcome to Interference! Glad that you could join us here!

I'm also a member of U2.com, so if you guys aren't members, let me know and I can help post your gigs over in Zootopia. I used to do it all the time for another tribute band out of LA. So I have lots of experience :wink:

Well, I hope you guys have a gig soon because I'm pregnant and due at the end of June. So that means I can only go to non-smoking places like HRC and Trinity Hall. If you can't play in a place like that, I totally understand. I won't go to a place that allows smoking, but that doesn't mean I won't help spread the word. I'll still help you guys out. It's just that I might have to wait until after the baby is due.

So hurry up with the website! We're all anxious to see it!

it's about time we had a u2 tribute band in dallas :applaud:

i'm looking forward to seeing you guys perform too! :hyper:

i'm sorry i missed the st. paddy's day show.

Re: Re: Thanks!!!

Allegra said:

I'm also a member of U2.com, so if you guys aren't members, let me know and I can help post your gigs over in Zootopia. I used to do it all the time for another tribute band out of LA. So I have lots of experience :wink:

Any help we could get would be great. We got such great response from our first show, and once we get our digital press kit together and get it out to who we need to get it to, I'm sure we will get booked a ton. As far as venues are concerned, we just can't be stuck in a corner at some bar (too much equipment; you'll see once we post the pics on the site).

Thanks again for your interest in helping us get this thing rolling. I think that with the talent we have, the potential for becoming the icon for U2 tribute projects is very likely. Thanks again and keep checking out the website for new stuff!

Chris

Re: Re: Thanks!!!

Allegra said:

Oh, I see how is it Allegra.....you get a band in Texas and you forget about your boys in So Cal!?!
I think I might cry!:sad:

Best of luck to BRS in Dallas. You have some great people in town like Allegra and ABEL!

Re: Re: Re: Thanks!!!

TheEdge U2JT said:

Oh, I see how is it Allegra.....you get a band in Texas and you forget about your boys in So Cal!?!

Best of luck to BRS in Dallas. You have some great people in town like Allegra and ABEL!

we'd never forget you guys :hug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks!!!

ABEL said:

we'd never forget you guys :hug:

How about me Abel, remember me?????????????????????? BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

34668%3C39%3B%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D32336238%3C247%3Bnu0mrj

Re: Re: Re: Thanks!!!

TheEdge U2JT said:

Oh boo hoo. Send me a plane ticket to Cali, and I might start remembering my boys in So Cal.

....j/k

You know I still love you guys and think about ya :wink: :hug:

It's gonna be OK. I didn't forget.

Thanks for the positive feedback :eek: You're sweet Chas! :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom