St. Patrick's Day in NYC w/ The Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Numb1075 said:

that is freaking awesome. I will be there by 10pm

is that too late?

doors don't actually open until 11...

i really don't know what to expect as far as line up. 10 might be too early but i'm not sure... best bet would be to be in times square by 10 and if there's no line just hit up a bar for a few and head back out.

We're definately in LI for St Patty's.... getting into the city will depend on whether our buddies can get a sitter for the crumb crunchers. :laugh:

Wish I could say Mr. Blu & I can definately make the show - I'd love to meet you guys - but we won't really know until Thursday. :shrug: Maybe next time. :D

so this will be a drinking marathon

10am till ?? 2am ish....

I'm starting at 5pm and going until the liver fails.

Reminds me of my previous band where I played ouside under the 90 degree sun and fell off a deck....not good

M

Numb1075 said:
so this will be a drinking marathon

10am till ?? 2am ish....

I'm starting at 5pm and going until the liver fails.

the last time st. patrick's day was on a weekend, in 2002, i had my first at 9:15am and had my last at quarter to 4 in the morning.

i have my own pace to things...

have a few on the train ride in, and perhaps a few in penn station... then take a subway up to the parade, walk around for a while, check out the parade for an hour or so, then hop into a bar for 2 hours or so... then go and walk to another place... and so on and so forth.

fresh air and pacing yourself is key.

I don't have the luxery of "pacing" myself as I will be at work all day. So as soon as the bell rings and I slide down the dinasaur's back like Fred Flintstone yelling "yabadabadoo", I will be going full force.

I'll need to catch up to you !

mick3b1g said:
Reminds me of my previous band where I played ouside under the 90 degree sun and fell off a deck....not good

M

Hey Mick,

Have a great show!!!! I'm in the area on business from Florida so I have to see you guys. I saw you at the Pre-Party for the Hartford show and Y'all tore it up. See ya there!!!

YBORCITYOBL said:

Hey Mick,

Have a great show!!!! I'm in the area on business from Florida so I have to see you guys. I saw you at the Pre-Party for the Hartford show and Y'all tore it up. See ya there!!!

Thanks Be sure to say Hi. Should be fun

M

Headache in a Suitcase said:

nothing shows the depth and inner meaning of a song like where the streets have no name like a topless fat guy doing jumping jacks.

:no: :lol: :crack:

Beav said he will probably be in Manhattan watching his friends march in the parade but doubts he will stick around for the show since it is very late. So, I don't believe there will be a pitcure.

I am not beav....I don't have the time or energy to create an alter. And if I do create an alter one day, it will have a cooler name than Beav.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom