St. Patrick's Day in LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
So I've read that Exit is playing their last all U2 cover show on St. Patrick's Day in LA and was wondering if any Interferencers are planning on going.
Here's the info from the u2lafans.com site...

Saint Patrick's Day @
The Knitting Factory!

Monday, March 17, 2003 @ 9 pm
7021 Hollywood Blvd. (Main Space)
Hollywood , CA 90028
323 463 0204

ALL AGES, 1 hour set, Tickets $12. Purchase online
Also appearing: Sally's Gap and Emily O'Neary Band!

These are the last 2 gigs where EXIT will be
performing mostly U2 covers. Join U2LA fans as we say
farewell to EXIT the cover band.

Who's interested?

I'm in!

Cool! There will be other Irish bands there as well as EXIT. Great day for us all to get together, especially since it's EXIT's last official cover gig.

And if you can't make the Saint Patty's Day show, there's one this Saturday, March 8 at Paladino's in the valley. Our poll shows there will be at least 50 U2/EXIT fans attending.

See ya there!
Andi
http://www.u2lafans.com
exitgrouplabel.jpg

The show last night at Palladino's in the Valley was amazing! More people showed for EXIT than the headliner which was pretty cool.
I'll be at the show at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood next week dsmith. Maybe I'll see you there! It's a great venue to see live bands. I'm really stoked to see Sally's Gap too, I've heard good things about them

*gotta go stock up on Guinness for the next week*

It sure was an amazing, mind-blowing experience. I loved that people cheered louder for EXIT's original songs. Yes, the St. Patty's Show is not to be missed! And it will be a longer set (1 hour +).

See pics and fan reactions from the Paladino's show on my website: http://www.u2lafans.com

Andi
PalNikkiWeb.jpg

My EXIT review.

I have just enough energy to say that last night, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I was treated to something more than special. Something that I can harldly put into words. Really, Dana's been left speechless. That hardly ever happens.

Except when some schmuck said, "Roadie, Roadie!" as I helped carry out Pam's drumkit. I actually turned around and said, 'Excuse me?' They just smirked and said, 'We're roadies.' I quirked my head to the side, looked at them with a very assessing, quelling look, and shook my head as I walked away. :rolleyes: Wankers.

Anyway. At one moment during the last song EXIT played, I closed my eyes just to get the full grasp of the music. It swelled and tumbled over me, sending goosebumps racing up and down my arms. I stood there, in open-mouthed shock:shocked:, left speechless by something that was so inexplainable. It really, truly was a wonderful piece of music. After hearing it for the first time, I actually caught myelf saying out loud, "more!" I wanted to hear it again. I wanted to hear that SPARK, that heart that was breaking forth over us, through us. I only get that feeling with a handful of bands, a handful of music.

Thank you, my friends. I am so proud of you. :heart: :bow: :love:

Tonights the night Angeleno's. 9pm for EXIT and Sally's Gap- Knitting Factory does a good pint o' the black stuff too.......

see you there!

Hopefully someone will check this before tonight. I bought my ticket and am way excited to see Exit, but what time exactly are they taking the stage? I've seen 7 and 8 as the start time for the show and just want to be sure about what time I should get to the Knitting Factory.

Thanks!

EXIT told me that they will be taking the stage at 9 pm as advertised. They will play a 1 hour + set. The knitting factory has an early time because I think there was or is another band going on before EXIT. Their doors open at 7 pm I believe. I will get there some time between 8 and 8:30.

See ya!

Andi
http://www.u2lafans.com

Last night Rocked!!!!!!!!!!!! dsmith it was so fun meeting you! I hope you had a good time with the gang and enjoyed the show.

I'm sad there will be no more EXIT u2 covers but I wish them good luck!

I think my fave was the Edge inspired version of Sunday Bloody Sunday. I just closed my eyes. I kinda felt sick to my stomach but i think it was thought of impending war and not the 2nd pint of Guinness.

Back
Top Bottom