SoCal - Aug. 28/29 - FIDM/Grammy Museum & Potluck at a park or beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now I can't remember.... but no matter what it's the 28th (AND 29TH), RIGHT?

Dev, can you have someone rename this thread then with the activities and the right weekend? pretty please?

FIDM isn't open on Sundays so Saturday would be the only day for that. There's also the Dennis Hopper exhibit going on at the MOCA Geffen Contemporary in Little Tokyo that we could check out. More info here.

ok... and how about Santa Monica or a similar northern beach the next day?

I used to live a block from the geffen. So many good food choices nearby. Including yogurtland ;) I love DTLA so much, it really is home in every sense to me. I wouldn't mind going to MOCA up on grand near the Disney concert hall.

I'd be down for the beach as well :wave:

can someone tell me what location I should search for a hotel near?

If we go to DTLA shouldn't we stop by Million $ Hotel and "...Streets..." video location?

To bad it is hard to get on the roof of Millions $ Hotel. That'd a a crackin' good Cracker pic.

The million dollar hotel doesn't allow open random people up there since 9/11. I think you're allowed access is you're a prospective renter. They might allow it if we call in advance.

The streets location I believe is near 4th and main off the top of my head. It was near the dearden's. Its funny because my grandma used to work nearby when I was young so that whole area is home pretty much.

I admit I've seen tons of filming in dtla so I've always blown past the streets site. Can't wait!

As for hotels, are you looking to stay in downtown or near the beach?

probably downtown. wherever it's cheaper, and convenient to go walk around and meet up with everyone.

if you call in advance and they don't let you have us come up, maybe I can use my press credentials somehow.....

You'll be fine within the certain boundaries. I believe hotels in the wilshire/ koreatown area will have cheaper hotels but it will not be in walking distance.

Hotels in downtown aren't cheap but the nicer area is definitely in the business district. The omni hotel is next to moca and the concert halls ( Dorothy Chandler, Disney, Mark Taper forum). The Biltmore is about two blocks west and near the central library which is my favorite place in the city but then again I'm weird. Not new York or boston Library nice but it's what we got.

Little Tokyo also has nice hotels and isn't too far from olvera street & union station. Unfortunately downtown is full of extremes. Skidrow& crack house hotels one block and a few blocks down is a four star.

Nicer places to eat at night are on gallery row, LA live near the staples center and little Tokyo. The gaps in between just aren't safe enough to walk from one part to the next.

I really like the Library bar on hope and 6th.

You'll be fine within the certain boundaries. I believe hotels in the wilshire/ koreatown area will have cheaper hotels but it will not be in walking distance.

Hotels in downtown aren't cheap but the nicer area is definitely in the business district. The omni hotel is next to moca and the concert halls ( Dorothy Chandler, Disney, Mark Taper forum). The Biltmore is about two blocks west and near the central library which is my favorite place in the city but then again I'm weird. Not new York or boston Library nice but it's what we got.

Little Tokyo also has nice hotels and isn't too far from olvera street & union station. Unfortunately downtown is full of extremes. Skidrow& crack house hotels one block and a few blocks down is a four star.

Nicer places to eat at night are on gallery row, LA live near the staples center and little Tokyo. The gaps in between just aren't safe enough to walk from one part to the next.

I really like the Library bar on hope and 6th.

we're gonna have a lot of fun! :applaud::hug:

Back
Top Bottom