Sicy & daafish meet whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
What a lovely evening it was to meet whenhiphopdrovethebigcars (Stephan) all the way from Vienna! Stephan is making his way around the world on a long vacation and stopped in San Francisco. Since SF is only 1/2 hour away from us we decided to meet up for dinner.

We had dinner at a cute little diner in the city called Lori's set in 50's style. We had AMERICAN burgers.. :sexywink: and called the BAW's from the diner :lol:

daafish & stephan
33%3B35%3B%3B923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323587694649ot1lsi

33%3B35%3B%3B923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232358768%3C3%3A%3Bot1lsi

Calling the BAWS
33%3B35%3B%3B923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323587693%3B9%3Aot1lsi

33%3B35%3B%3B923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323587694842ot1lsi

33%3B35%3B%3B923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323587693293ot1lsi

Then we went to a bar called "Who's your daddy?" LOL

Played some pool and drank some wine.. talked and all that jazz.

33%3B35%3B%3B923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323587693869ot1lsi

33%3B35%3B%3B923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235876936%3A2ot1lsi

Stephan is a great guy. I wish him all the best on his journey! He got some candid shots of me but who know's when I'll see them.. lol.

This was the first interferencer I have met that lives outside the U.S. Very cool times! Too bad we were only able to spend a few hours together.

Well there's always next time! :D

:applaud:

Sounds like you had great fun!

BTW, yesterday I was at a friends place who had just come back from their holiday in the USA. I think one of their photos in SF was taken in the very same diner! :eek:

Yay for meeting Interferencers!

C ya!

Marty

:applaud: Tis nice to meet other Interferencers.

My favorite picture is probably the first one - what were the guys smiling at? ;)

:D :applaud:

Great pictures!!! Too bad we couldn't have stopped by! :laugh: :wink:

And don't forget Stephan...you MUST make LA part of your trip the next time you visit the US :yes:

What a grand time! :D Stephan is a really nice fellow. :yes: He'll be cruising san fran for the next three days.

You're very hot, Stephan...hope you don't mind me saying so! Glad you had a nice visit. Enjoy the rest of your travels! :wave:

Hahahaha

Yeah we had a funky time. it was wonderful and Sicy and daafish made me feel very welcome. For that, all my thanks and all the best!!!

im sorry I cant write mo stuff but now i gotsa go to Haight Ashbury and tomorrow Im of so.. niot much time.

Was great to speak to the BAWs too loool. Oh and we played some pool. It was really really nice.

Heehehehe

I love San Francisco.

Everyone is so nice! I like America a lot. Its just a cool place.

Have a great time everyone, Im leaving for Hawaii tomorrow..

What a great time you all had! :) :up: Wish you could have made it by DC like we'd hoped Stephan, but maybe next time, or in Oct when I'm in Germany. :)

And ya'll are just noticing he's hot? ;) :p

SD

Hi all thanks for all the compliments.. really I am a shy guy (can you believe that)...

SD I am looking forward to your visit. Hope you can spare some days and some more days for Vienna!! You re very welcome. Keep me updated per mail.

Well what can I say .. Hawaii is paradise!

And I really loved the Grand Canyon. Its a perfect place for meditation.

tomorrow back to Honolulu, then heading to New Orleans, then to Kingston, Jamaica. Have a great day all! nbcrusader. I would have liked to meet you sorry I didnt have time. And many others I would have liked to meet. MK, I just didnt have time its a tight schedule etc. but you are very welcome if you ever pass by in Europe.

SD I am definitely looking forward to reason with you!

All the best and thx again to Sicy and daafish!

for those of you who dont know: I kicked Sicy out of one of our pool sessions. But then daafish won anyway lol. He' s the man!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
for those of you who dont know: I kicked Sicy out of one of our pool sessions. But then daafish won anyway lol. He' s the man!

Haha :D You cheated though... :p ;)

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Hi all thanks for all the compliments.. really I am a shy guy (can you believe that)...

SD I am looking forward to your visit. Hope you can spare some days and some more days for Vienna!! You re very welcome. Keep me updated per mail.

Ja, Ich will schreibe velicht spater so du bist beim hause sein. Wir konnen ein beir oder drei trinken. Mach spass und bis spater!

And that, ya'll, is Sherry's pitiful German. LOL.

SD

I have had a totally great time in New orleans. Played all the town. Played piano with fingers bleeding. Yes just like Jerry lee. They actually compared me to James Booker. It makes me very proud and happy that the people appreciated my piano playing there, because new orleans is just the top for every musician if you understand.

Well there are many many stories to tell.. I have continued to Jamaica for three weeks and it was too beautiful to tell in words.. met too many people to describe them all.. saw all the country, discussed w UNESCO, visited the Maroons (independent great grandchilren of slaves who fought the British sucessfully 200 years ago and still are somewhat independent from Jamaica, dont pay taxes, etc. everything very rural there..

hm ok. at the moment I am in Costa Rica. Have stayed in Puerto Viejo for about a week, a chilly town with some of the most beautiful beaches you can imagine. Better than Hawaii. Definitely. Hawaii was ok but very touristy in Honolulu, and the Big Island/ Hilo was kind of sleepy...

Cosdta Rica is bustling life. la pura vida. At the moment, I am in San Jose, the main city, and just imagine the markets and everything ther, night sets in, and tonight i am going to dance at the Centro Comercial El Pueblo. Yes actually i should better learn spanish, here its difficult to move without.

So, there was that tarzan experience, zou can swing from tree to tree over hundreds of meters with one of those tours, was fun. I might continue to some volcanoes tomorrow, and then i will take the 10 hrs bus from San Jose to Nicaragua. The main town, Managua, is still destructed from what I hear,.. dangerous maybe but cant be more dangerous than Kingston, so I figure I will survive.

When I am back I may start a new FYM thred about the TSA. It really sucks, and I will not go back to the United States, or fly via the States, if I can avoid it. I do NOT like to be treated as a terrorist. I understand security is important, but those guys are really unprofessional and unfriendly. I did not feel welcome when I arrived on the airports, especially Dallas and Miami suck big time. When a tourist goes to another country, he wants to feel welcome.

I like the U.S. though. The Grand Canyon was just incredible. Vegas is a total fucking waste, but thats ok as long as they bring me the drinks. Downtown its nice. Vegas should definitely improve pedestrians conditions on the Strip. Its very complicated to move around without a car or taxi. And we arent posh are we. Well, the Venetian was pretty style.. liked it.

But, since the TSA has fucked it up (later thread about that) I will avoid to go to the U.S. if it is possible. Uh, and at the same time some Americans (tour operators f.e.) told me the tourists are just starting to arrive back after 911, they had two bad years etc. and now the tourism recovers they hope so at least.. well..

treating tourists like terrorists is not gonna bring them back. But howdy, I guess the Prez dont care.

Anyway. to get back to the point.

I am doing fine, have survived, and if thats my last message, the Contras have kidnapped me ;)

Viva la revolucion!

Well, sh*t happens. Anyway, thanks, Justified! (you don't have to be sorry... the TSA better be sorry!)

At the moment I am in Nicaragua, in the old town of Granada. It is absolutely beautiful. Worth a visit.

A word of warning though with Costa Rica.. they are so used to mighty Americans throwing their $$ out of the window (like no one else) that they expect the same of the Europeans or other tourists.. things are getting expensive in Costa Rica. I have seen more than one American shagging out their 100$ bills.. please, when you go there, don't do it! Everything is (used to be) pretty cheap there. Now, wonderful beaches are ruined by big hotel chains with resorts... its awful, and the locals do not like it.

So please remember.. Costa Rica is not Vegas! Thanks.

The poverty in Nicaragua makes me sad. Poverty is a shame for every man, and especially for every Christian.

Hip Hop: The Continuing Adventues. :wink:

Looking forward to hopefully meeting you when I'm in Germany. I'm glad you're having such a great time, and stay safe tonight!

SD

Back
Top Bottom