Seattle 360: A Celebration with SF's Zoo Station - June 19 & 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
Hey Everyone-

Just getting the word out that San Francisco's ZOO STATION is making THE OWL & THISTLE "ground zero" for U2 fans when the 360 Tour comes to Seattle. We've booked a show there Saturday night, June 19th - the night before the show and we're also hosting an after-party at the same venue after the U2 show at Qwest Field on Sunday June 20th. The Owl & Thistle is just a 10 minute walk from Qwest Field.

We're also making a quick stop in lovely Portland, OR on the way. Details below...

Feel free to post any questions and song requests in this thread. We have a 150 song repertoire, so fire away!

Friday, June 18th, 2010
ZOO STATION
THIRSTY LION PUB

71 SW 2nd Ave
Portland, OR

Saturday, June 19th, 2010
ZOO STATION

The Owl & Thistle
808 Post Ave
Seattle, WA

Sunday, June 20th, 2010
ZOO STATION: 360 After Party

The Owl & Thistle
808 Post Ave
Seattle, WA

Zoo Station
Zoo Station on Facebook

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Finally, one of the tribute bands coming here!

... and I guess this means now I don't have to organize a get-together for Interferencers Saturday night. :)

Yay for Cori! I'm sure you'll love these guys as much as I do. :up:

Sorry we took so long, Cori! Spread the word and who knows... maybe it'll become a more regular trip for us.

Anything we can add to the set for ya?

Out of Control would be pretty stellar - I'm pretty much giving up on hearing it on the 360 tour, and maybe ever. :)

Are you and your posse guilty of booking all the sleeper cars on the Amtrak train from SF to Portland/Seattle?? Because I can't even get the roomettes now! :D

I'm planning to stop by Portland on my way over to Seattle. Will try to stop in one or both of the venues.

Any chance of playing When I Look at the World? The Edge seems to have forgotten how to play it, so maybe you guys can jog his memory...

I'll be there Saturday!:hyper:

How far is this from the stadium?

still need to book a flight and a room but at least I've something planned now.

Less than a mile away. Easy walking distance, very short and direct bus ride.

I would say it's about a ten minute walk from the stadium, if you're walking at a good clip.

Glad you're coming to Seattle! :)

Just popping in to say hello. I am glad to hear it is close to the stadium, I will be at the Silver Cloud Inn so I am thinking it can't be too far, hopefully I can walk there and stumble home.

Is that area safe?
The reason I ask this is here in Edmonton if someone told me they were going to walk in the area around Commonwealth late at night I would advise against it. It is kinda sketchy there late at night..
I am hoping there will be lots of us staying at the same place so we have someone to walk home with Witsa and I. A posse is better.

Last edited:
It is definitely within walking distance - I'd say about 10 minutes? More if you're crawling/staggering. :wink: It'll be light if you're walking from the hotel in the evening - in June, there'll still be light in the sky until quite late (unless it's really cloudy, of course).

It's not the best area of town, but far from the worst (although you'd be hard-pressed to find a really bad part of town in most of the city). Pioneer Square is an area where a lot of homeless people congregate/live. And as it's a busy neighborhood on the weekend for clubs and bars, you may run into obnoxious drunk people. There's a stretch of a few blocks between the edge of Pioneer Square and the stadium/hotel that's a little more isolated late at night.

All that being said, I wouldn't say there's a lot of crime or reports of problems, so bear in mind that this report is coming from a single gal who wouldn't necessarily walk alone at night there - although honestly, I probably would be fine making the walk by myself.

If you feel uncomfortable walking, there are busses that run along 1st Ave - you can hop on at a stop very near the Owl & Thistle and get off at the stop that's right across from the baseball stadium (Safeco Field) - the Silver Cloud is right across the street - you can't miss it.

It'll cost $2 (I think), but may be worth a little piece of mind. :)

I'm definitely coming to this gathering.:hyper:

But not before I visit the Space Needle and that place where they throw fish around.:)

HJ & Witsa - add me to your "stumble home" group...We're at Silver Cloud, as well. I think there will be a pretty large group of us there - last I heard, the plan was to gather at the hotel pub on Saturday night? After that, we should get the group over to the Owl & Thistle....:applaud:Woo hoo - can't wait!

If you feel uncomfortable walking, there are busses that run along 1st Ave - you can hop on at a stop very near the Owl & Thistle and get off at the stop that's right across from the baseball stadium (Safeco Field) - the Silver Cloud is right across the street - you can't miss it.

It'll cost $2 (I think), but may be worth a little piece of mind. :)

:hug: Thanks for the info.

HJ & Witsa - add me to your "stumble home" group...We're at Silver Cloud, as well. I think there will be a pretty large group of us there - last I heard, the plan was to gather at the hotel pub on Saturday night? After that, we should get the group over to the Owl & Thistle....:applaud:Woo hoo - can't wait!

This is going to be soooome stumble...I am so :hyper:

I'm sure you guys are waiting to hear and will figure things out at that point as well, but I'm going to put my two cents out there anyway ...

Please still come to Seattle, even if U2 postpones. Pleeeeeeeease?

*insert puppy dog eyes here*

Thanks, Cori. We are playing a wait and see game like everyone else at this point, but as soon as we have a plan we'll be sure to post here.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Zoo Station is NOT canceling its trip to the Pacific Northwest. The following dates are confirmed and still happening:

Friday June 18
THIRSTY LION PUB
71 SW 2nd Ave
Portland, OR

Saturday June 19
OWL & THISTLE
808 Post Ave
Seattle, WA

Because of U2's cancellation, we are no longer playing the afterparty on 6/20 as originally planned.

I LOVE YOU.

:heart:

Seriously, I'm really excited to still get to hear U2 songs in a live setting. And Saturday night is worlds better than Sunday night. :wink:

2r3fuic.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom