Salut, y'en as-tu de Montr?al ici ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know Maya was from Montreal, but she's gone now... I don't know where she is. Do you speak french ? BTW, do you know if U2's comming to Montreal for the next tour ???

cheers !

Holy John

How are you? I am of Italian origin(born here of course) and English is my first language. However, I am very fluent in French.

And I'm not sure when they are coming, although I would imagine sometime in April or May of next year. I dunno.

Ciao!

------------------
"what you leave behind you don't miss anyway"

Hey BonoManiac,
how old are you ? My real name is Jonathan, and I'm a Quebecer of origin, my GrandMa however Scottish & English though. So French and English are my primary languages, both together, thanks to my GrandMa teaching me english. The English programs here sucks so much in schools. Ok, I'll answer the question that is always being asked : I'll vote yes for a referendum (although I don't really like Bouchard - or any actual politicians -) but very open to cultures. I don't hate canadians (I've got friends from Ontario). I think it's quite possible to be open-minded, accept differences, live with those. But politicians got the question wrong. Ah, we need someone like Bono as leader of our country, damn !

anyways, it's really cool to know that there's another one from Montreal here ! Peace man !

cheers !

Je ne viens pas de Montreal mais je suis canadienne-francaise...mais de Saskatoon, Saskatchewan! Le crois-tu?!?
Mes grand-parents viennent du Quebec (St. Antoine-le-Richelieu je crois); ma mere vient de Londres en Angleterre et je suis presentement a Ottawa.
Il y a quelques annees que moi aussi j'etais separatiste (well as much as you can be living outside the bloody province! ha ha) but my ideals and principles have returned with a vengeance after spending the past 3 yrs living in Europe.
I'm no longer a nationalist of any kind; I'm a citizen of the world and damned proud of it, too! (I was a federalist than a separatist...called Bouchard's office after referendum asking for some buttons that I could wear in Sask. saying "Bloc Quebecois" but they thought it was joke!!). Anyways, you mention Yugoslavia, Israel: exactly. The effects of nationalism.

salut!
je ne suis pas canadienne, je suis neozelandaise, mais j'ai etudie le francais pour six ans. Mes parents sont neozelandaises aussi, mais ils se sont maries a Quebec, a cote du Gatineau (sp?), pres d'un petit ville que s'appelle Hull. Ils ont habite dans le village 'cantley', disent-moi que c'est tres petit.

and...

ciao BonoManiac, come stai? ho studiato l'italiano all'universita per tre anni, per me e piu facile scrivere in italiano che francese. I tuoi genitori sono italiani? Parlare italiano e molto raro in nuova zelanda, ho parlato con due turisti italiani l'anno scorso, erano estremamente sorpresi di trovare una neozelandese che poteva parlare con loro!!! e comune in canada?

ok, I've finished showing off my multi-lingual abilities now!!!
wink.gif
I could write a bit in Maori, which is the native language of New Zealand, but no-one would understand. Ok, well just one thing: "ka kite ano" (means see ya!)
Mermaid
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom