Russian/Irish U2ers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Brian...Hope your quite well by now.
Sure you are
smile.gif
!
Now,I'm dying to read Bebe's story,so bye to
everybody.'Till later!

How's that good bye? I've just got in!
How's things, Aine?
Gotta tell you that new special remixes for Propaganda are available here, they are Apple and Pear.
I've heard they are specially made for Russia to promote the group in this country. Heard of it around?
Anyone else heard?
i got the message from a collectioner.

Didn't meen to freak you out like that,Lee!(Actually I looked here by mere chance as this thread undergoes another period of stagnation...no,no,just kidding,with you on board we'll soon grow up to 200 posts and Elvis will give us the Interference Award if they invent one
wink.gif
).
I need to know more about what you're saying!
Must go now,but I'll get in touch with you
very,very soon - and THANX for the info.

Hey!! You've started your very own community within a community haven't you?? Yet I don't get the combination: Russian and Irish, why Russian and Irish???
Anyway, have some fun around here, I might drop in some other time again

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

Hello!
Still way way too busy at the minute but majorly looking forward to Slane now.... Rollon August!! I'm also pretty excited cos I got tickets to see David Byrne (of Talking Heads fame) in Edinburgh on 4th July...! I am a very major fan, in fact its a close run thing between him and Talking Heads and U2... And this gig is in a venue of only 600 capacity!! And his new album is fantastic.... God I'm on a rant here!
Anyway, college is hell, I'm on the verge of quitting and joining the police instead... (seriously!!) but god knows what will happen... aside from that life is wonderful, I'm healthy, happy, the weather is brilliant... I hope that everyone else is doing fine and again its apity we don't communicate as often as we should!! Welcome Alexander, Hi Vorsprung... Its not a community within a community! Everyones welcome...! And You don't even have to be Irish or Russian anymore...! I think that we currently hold the longest active thread record but we'd better get a move on or that ridiculous one back in the main forum will have us overtaken...!
Anyways, I'm off for a run cos i'm sick of this tiny little room...! See you later!!!
BRIAN!!

Hi Brian,
Great to hear from you as always.So...no more
architectural tours for us ?
frown.gif
It's not a
very typical career swing you must admit. Promise you'll post your pic in the police uniform!
smile.gif

The spring is lovely here in Peter's too.Life
would be perect if not for too much studies
sometimes (right you are).
Oh,and I loved your directions concerning this thread...how about the topic starter
wink.gif
?
...Just kidding,I think it's a neat idea,so
Vorsprung,if you've just dropped in again,you
are welcome,as well as anyone else.
I'm not bound to meet with all you lot at Slane, but well,Whiteflag's gonna be there for me
smile.gif
,so things aren't really that bad -
and hope it's not the last U2 concert,is it ?
wink.gif

Just checking to see if my identity/password is still working. I'm THINKING about coming back. But you didn't see me ok? I'm only thinking about it.

Originally posted by whiteflag:
But you didn't see me ok? thinking about

Okay !
biggrin.gif

But that would be great !The forum is not the
same without you.(BTW,an e-mail's underway...
it's just that I've been terribly busy,oh well,will tell you soon...and I have no idea where you are now !
smile.gif
)

I feel like lazarus...
In the meantime I can now claim to satisfy the irish part of this thread, having become de facto resident of the emerald isle. Whiteflag, you too have risen, good to see.
Hi to everyone else...

Ah, you guys are too good, keepin the old flame burning....! Whereas I, on the other hand... hmmm!
What a mad life I have been leading... But its all sorting itself out and, well, hopefully it'll all be good from here on in! Got through the course (sort of... its a long story!). I'm moving to Dublin now in July, starting work in a lovely architects office, so if any of you guys are ever around I'd love to buy you a drink and show you the sights! Trying to pack up my stuff now in Dundee and it's taking so long... and my U2 posters have left big blu-tack marks on the walls!

The rest of the forum has gone to hell so badly... remember the days of nice civilsed discussions about matters actually relevant to U2. I get so angry when I see such hatred and bigotry in action. We should all just get through this life the best we can and try our best to avoid hurting anyone else on the way... I have so many gay friends that it actually hurts me to read some of the stuff thats being spewed forth in other parts of the forum...

But I hope everyones doing grand and hopefully I can catch up with you all soon! Whereabouts are you Michael? You should e-mail me and maybe I'll catch you in slane! its mrbth@hotmail.com now and I check it all the time. I'm not so often on this place though so if anyone wants to keep in touch mail away OK!

And peggy too! I've missed you so much! Don't spose you are still In lovely Dublin? One of the places I had an interview in was on Hanover Quay... I was half expecting to see you there!
And Aine keepin up the russian side of the bargain and sending me lovely e-cards and things! Sorry I'm so bad at replying! But I will try to be good from here on in folks!

Anyway, lookin forward to hearing from you all!

Bye!
BRIAN

Ok. Maybe I will come back to this small corner of the forum.

I just saw the video for Elevation for the first time and I'm sorry to say that I didn't like it. Sure the special effects were great and there were cool moments, but overall it doesn't really work for me. It doesn't seem to match the song very well for some reason, although I would think that a big, loud energetic video certainly would. IMO it doesn't do the song justice.

Edge looks awfully cute in it though
wink.gif

What do you guys think? I know the video has probably been discussed to death in other parts of the forum but looking there would just depress me for all the other stuff i'd see along the way.

whiteflag - I saw the video it was a bit too lara croftish for me. But the band looked like they were enjoying themselves, especially the edge. What else is news?
Brian, are you in dublin yet? Whereabouts are you working? I'll email shortly.
Aine, have you forgotten your own creation? I hope not!
smile.gif

Haha,Dia duit a Kid Achtung.Ta failte romhat.
Cad e mar ata tu,agus cad is ainm duit ? Ca
bhfuil tu i do chonai ?
Good to hear from you all,sorry I'm only here
for a moment now,but I'll be back soon
smile.gif

Hi folks! Just a quick note! I'm moving to Dublin on Monday so I'll be in touch with you guys soon! (Bloody hectic life I'm leading!)....!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN !!!
May all your dreams come true and congratulations on moving to Dublin !
xlbirthday.gif

P.S.And,by the way,this thread is already 1
year old !
smile.gif

------------------

The heart is a bloom ...

[This message has been edited by Aine (edited 07-22-2001).]

Hello everybody, I have been lurking but not posting much. I check in from time to time to see how everyone is. Happy birthday to this thread!

Mr BTH, are you settled in Dublin? And I hope you are back to good health?

Whiteflag, I know you're not really here, but if you were here, I was wondering if we could figure out if we're related. I'm American, mostly German on my dad's side, but mixed on the maternal side. My mother's maiden name is Shannon!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is well.

Kyra

Sorry guys.I haven't been around much of late
but today's a sad day.We've known each other for a year,we all love Bono and his pain is
our own pain.Don't wanna say much.

Rest in peace,Bob Hewson.

-------------------------------------

Be strong

I know that this is not goodbye...

[This message has been edited by Aine (edited 08-21-2001).]

Hey folks - well, nothings ever easy as it turns out - I just got connected to a phone line there on Friday after 5 weeks of waiting... But now I'm online again and maybe I'll actually manage to stay in contact properly this time! Yep, weve been going for a year - where the hell has it gone! I was at slane yesterday and, well, what can i say - the most amazing experience of my life - If I had loasd of money Id go to slane 2 but I'm just gonna have to settle for Glasgow tomorrow night! I'll post a full report when I get back!
I hope everyones doing good and I'll hear from you soon...
Hopefully!
BRIAN!

And thanks so much for the Birthday wishes aine - how can you be so thoughtful!?!

This has to be the longest running topic in the entire U2 Feedback! Over a year and still counting, eh?

But to stay with the topic, my family came from County Antrim in Northern Ireland in the late 1700s. Russian? Well, I'm very distantly and indirectly related to the Romanov dynasty of tsars through Nicholas II's wife, Alexandra, who was the niece of Queen Victoria, but that's it!

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

hmm i couldn't think of a better place to post my 500th post. But I will miss being an acrobat, cause i can talk like this...

...and act like that
wink.gif

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
hmm i couldn't think of a better place to post my 500th post. But I will miss being an acrobat, cause i can talk like this...

...and act like that
wink.gif

you're gonna need 1 more...
i discovered your secret society.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Back
Top Bottom