Russian/Irish U2ers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like Aine hasn't been here since October 2003, and she last posted in March 2003.

I thought I'd use my "Premium Member" status to look up that profile information. :wink:

Melon

HELLOOO!! ;) Was just passing by,thought I'd have a look at the great thread long forgotten and man who do I find there - Melon himself!Such memories... :D
Hey,I'm not a Premium Member so you obviously know more about me from my user info than I do! :p

MrBTH said:
Still checkin in now and again folks! Good to see we still have by far the longest running thread in here!!!:p You still around Anya? I'm back in uni in Dundee in Scotland again... Havin fun in general! Hope everyones well and sure I'll check back soon...!

Oh hello...:) Yeah I'm still around at times,not very often as you see but anyway :) . Great to hear from you,especially when U2's new album is almost around the corner! :) Look,if you're ever here again,I'd love to get in touch with you (I believe I must have your addies somewhere but even if I find them I'm not sure which one of them works) - I have some important questions to you about the Traditional Irish music and dance if you're still into it .
One of my best friends is organizing a school of Irish dance here
in St.Petersburg (the name proposed is Triskal),so there's a lot of things to talk about :) Again,great to see the old friends back here
:) ,hope to see Peggy once again here ,too!

And U2 Kitten,I'll email you shortly if it's not too late...(welcome btw! :) )

Jesus,it seems like I'm always here at the right time,I mean...

...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR BTH - Brian!!!

MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY!!!

MAY ALL YOUR DEAREST DREAMS COME TRUE AND MAY WE MEET IN
ST.PETER'S OR DUNDEE ONE DAY AT A U2 CONCERT :) !

Lots of love from Anya and the whole Russian/Irish lot ;)

Oh HI Davy;) ! How are ye? How do you find Vertigo?
I'm absolutely excited about this new song and the new album!
I especially love the "Hello,hello" part !:)
Glad some new person entered the thread btw!Where exctly are
you from? What do you do?
Slan! ;)

Aine, Cad é mar a tá tú ? i like it alot, good song, dodgy video! im from Belfast, im a drummer in a band but im at university too, you? :)

Ta me go maith,is tu fein? ;)
Wow,a drummer!Great.We already have a singer in this thread,
so maybe we'll just start a virtual band soon.Me,I'm a postgraduate at the St.Petersburg University(studying Irish culture) and a guide.
What kind of band do you play in?I think it's so cool,I myself would love to be in a band as a bass player and maybe some back vocal too! hmm,"dodgy"?(I havent seen the video yet -awful!).What are you studying?

Aine said:
October 5 (Mr.Bob Geldof's B-Day,by the way :) ) and I STILL
haven't heard VERTIGO!.. :mad:

I :heart: Bob

Hey Daithi,

I haven't seen you around here in ages

The Vertigo video makes me dizzy :D

HMV have a special offer on - both singles and the dvd for £6. I may have been in first thing yesterday to buy them :shifty:

Hello! Well, its been another age since I've checked back here and its great to find Aine still hanging in there...! And hi to the couple of newcomers as well... Completely overwhelmed by new album fever at the moment - I've fallen for it completely now after a couple of days of iffy-ness. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes back in July Aine! You are always so thoughtful... I'm so sorry I'm so lax at replying and stuff!! I'm back in lovely Galway now, getting on great at work (I'm nearly an Architect now!) and trying to keep up my interest in singing (Why is it so much easier to have every word learned from the new U2 album within a week when I have been trying to learn new Sean Nos songs for the past two years and failing miserably!!). I've actually got my grandfather's memorial weekend coming up at the end of November - pretty sure I told you about it before, when lots and lots of great musicians and particularly singers gather in the place I'm from (Derrytresk if you want to look it up!!) and basically have a full on weekend of seisiuns and drinking! Its great craic, and the calibre of guests this year is pretty amazing... Maybe you'll make it over sometime as part of your studies!!
In fact, no better excuse for you to come over is this summer when U2 play Croke Park in Dublin!! It's be great to finally meet you! And you'd loe Galway as well - its a small city but it has such an amazing wealth of culture, gigs, theatre, trad seisiuns. I really love living here (not to mention that the love of my life is here too!), plus the surrounding scenery in Connemara and Co. Clare is beautiful. I'm actually on the verge of starting to build a little holiday house up in a place called Dooagh on Achill Island, Co. Mayo that will be great for geting away to for weekends (plus it has a great summer school of traditional music called "Scoil Acla"). So hopefully in 2006 it'll be finished and open to all my relatives and friends if they fancy getting away from it all for a few days...
Anyway, drop me a line sometime on bhagan@vodafone.ie (the latest in a long long line of e-mail addresses!) and hopefully we'll catch up a bit further! Hope alls is wonderful with you and looking forward to hearing from you....

All the best!!

BRIAN

Merry Christmas to all Russian/Irish community! :)
As always,it's LOVELY to hear from you and that everything is fine with you,Brian(happy people like you truly make the world better just by being in it)! :) (Btw,check your mail+hope you give us one of those brilliant reviews of yours sometime soon - we've got something to review,havent' we? ;) )
I've been fine too and I'll come back with more later;meanwhile hope everyone's having a great time celebrating and wish to all of you best of luck and that we meet at a great U2 concert one day soon!:D

Lots of love to everyone from

AINE :)

Last edited:
d

hey Aine! I study architecture in Belfast, im in my final year so its really hard! I think i might be going to Moscow in July, it only costs 180 pounds if i fly from London to Zurich first. Do you have any tips or know any good places in Moscow? Hows your course going? (PS happy new year!)

Hey Lara! long time no see! ive been really busy in University, how have you been? I am just finished my exams so its really nice being off, im going away to Berlin again next week for a couple of days with my cousin, should be good craic! Berlin is officially thee best city ever!

Last edited:
Re: d

achtung davy said:
hey Aine! I study architecture in Belfast, im in my final year so its really hard! I think i might be going to Moscow in July, it only costs 180 pounds if i fly from London to Zurich first. Do you have any tips or know any good places in Moscow? Hows your course going? (PS happy new year!)

Hello Davy (if you're still there :)) !All is fine with me, thanks :) and
also thanks for the New Year congrats (a bit late to say thank you
really but it's been quite a while since I last popped in). Oh,another person from Northern Ireland who's an architect?!
Seems to be much in demand in Northern Ireland,doesn't it, or it's just that a lot of U2 fans are people of creative professions? ;)

As for Moscow, well,it depends on what you're interested in,if you just tell me a bit about your tastes and interests I'll gladly give you some info on that.

Berlin officially thee best city ever! [/QUOTE]

Wait till you see St.Petersburg (any plans to visit Russia's Nothern
capital?)!

Aine said:
Yes,they've been to Moscow (Zoo TV era).I was
not a U2 fan at the time,unfortunately!
mad.gif

The Edge and Annie Lennox visited Moscow on some Greenpeace busineess in 92 or 93. U2 as a band never performed in Russia (or any other former Soviet Union country). And probably never will.

Almost 3 years since the last post... what a shame!! Is Aine still around by any chance? Zoomerang? I saw that thread about the history of interference and the first thing I thought of was this thread, maybe this will bring it back to being the longest still active!!
Im in the last week of my last year of studying Architecture at last! I got very comfortable - too comfortable - in Galway so I didnt go back to college for a few years but I finally got round to it and soon I'll be a proper architect... About time too!! I'm in Dublin right now but I'll be back in Galway the week after next, moving into a new place of my own and setting up a little office - i've been comissioned to design a new live music venue for the city - small-ish scale, about 1000 capacity, but it should be really good fun to work on. Between that and all the houses and extensions that I'm working on I'll be kept pretty busy!!
Anyway, it's crazy how time flies - I can remember the beginnings of this forum eight years back like it was yesterday - so much has happened, so many have come and gone... Hopefully some of the old guard are still around!
Slan go faill!
B

:D Can't believe it's Mr.Architect himself!!!:D:D:D So great to hear from you and know you're still around 8 years after! Would love to hear all your news in more detail and to see if anyone else of the "old guard" still pays a visit here once in a while and discuss NLOTH too of course but now I'm just so overwhelmed with joy I'll just say to everyone:

HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY!!! Slan agus beannacht!!!

from Aine :wave:

Wow!! ? I'm so amazed and pleased the thread is still here somewhere! Wondering how everyone is? Also glad to still be in touch with Whiteflag! ? If any of you guys come here by any chance please don't be shy and say hello! ?

I'm half Irish: this is on my dad's side.

Oh: if you ever get the chance, go and visit Ireland. It is a wonderful country with a lot of heritage. I have visited there loads of times and can never get bored.

If you ever get the opportunity, don't miss out on Ireland!

Hi Miss!

Oh yeah, Ireland is absolutely amazing!:heart::heart::heart: Had a chance to visit some time ago and I'm even more in love with the Emerald Isle now than I was when my fascination with its music, history and culture started. What's your most favourite place in Ireland?

I am proud of my roots: for I am an Irish breed through-and-through.

The Irish are considered the most creative nationality in the world: and this is why I am good at creative writing. Also, did you know, Mariah Carey is half Irish? This is on her mother's side.

The Irish are fabulous.

Hey! Just decided to pop in to see how everything’s going here on the good ol’ Interference. New faces, new media, new U2 songs, Inhaler debut album is coming out pretty soon — so much has changed since those beautiful days we spent chatting on this forum but being here is making me sort of nostalgic! ❤️ If any of you old mates are back in this thread by chance then Whiteflag and myself can be contacted on Facebook ?. Would be cool to talk!

And Happy Birthday Bono! ❤️??

Back
Top Bottom