Red Shirt Day at Disneyland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't really know. I guess because it's a bright color and we can find other "team" members. :shrug: Sometimes I wear red and sometimes I don't.

Also, Disneyland does not acknowledge that it is actually Gay Day. It is merely a bunch of people wearing red shirts. Saturday is Disneyland, Sunday is California Adventure.

icelle said:
Gay Days at Disneyland!

Family loves family on ---> :REDSHIRTDAY:

DSCN2773.jpg

Doozer61 said:

Also, Disneyland does not acknowledge that it is actually Gay Day. It is merely a bunch of people wearing red shirts.

thats wierd, because i usually book rooms for this event and its acknowledged as "gay days anaheim." huh.

awesome pic mr baw, doozer!

http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/html/history.html

From the above site:

"Years ago, Disneyland used to have a private party one night of the year for gays and lesbians. When the event was canceled in 1998, we created Gay Day Anaheim. We based the happening on our big sister event in Orlando, Gay Day, which attracts over 100,000 gays and lesbians from around the world each June.

The first Gay Days Anaheim in 1998 attracted about 2,500 people. In 2005, we had about 30,000! Pretty amazing. What was once a small one-day gathering has become a full weekend event with parties, gatherings, group photos, scavenger hunts, private meals, and much more!

Remember, this event isn't sponsored by Disney (hence why it's "unofficial") so if you call Disneyland asking for information about Gay Day, they will tell you that this is not a Disney event."

That pic was taken two years ago! :up:

Back
Top Bottom