Red Rocks Aug 21st 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tgravlin

Babyface
For the first time in 24 years. The sounds of U2 will echo off the 400 foot high walls of Red Rocks.

Under A Blood Red Sky has been asked by the powers that be at Red Rocks to recreate the original 1983 show.

www (dot) redrocksonline (dot) com

_MG_4814_thmb.jpg

sweet

Tuesday,August 21: "A FAREWELL TO SUMMER SURPRISE SCREENING"
Film Title To Be Announced in July
Band: Under a Blood Red Sky (U2 Tribute)

That would be awesome... and as close as you can get to being there on 1983. :drool:
:hmm: Devlin, shot gun?:)

Assuming the weather isn't crappy, it should be pretty easy to have more people there this time than were there in '83. The venue holds around 7,000. The Film on the Rocks series generally gets around 5-6,000.

U2 only played to around 2,500 very cold and wet fans.

RedrocksU2 said:
Tuesday,August 21: "A FAREWELL TO SUMMER SURPRISE SCREENING"
Film Title To Be Announced in July
Band: Under a Blood Red Sky (U2 Tribute)

That would be awesome... and as close as you can get to being there on 1983. :drool:
:hmm: Devlin, shot gun?:)

That's definitely something to consider although I'm not the best travelling companion on road trips (tendency toward car sickness). Would be so awesome to catch the vibe off that place with a few thousand other U2 fans.

The show was SOLD OUT!! It was great fun. Pics and audio/video to come as soon as its mixed and edited.

It was sold out BUT the Denver Film Society showed a movie after the band played(Wedding Crashers) AND also had a couple get married on stage. So a lot of the crowd was there for that, but that being said, I left after the band played, and so did a lot of others peeps.

If there is interest, I have videos and photos. And it was a HOOT!

Back
Top Bottom