(Red)nights hosts star-studded concert at carnegie hall!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
Sorry if posted in the wrong forum....Very exciting for us NY'ers!!!! :hyper:

is given to The Global Fund, to invest in African AIDS programs, with an emphasis on women and children. JOINRED.COM

Friday, September 11, 2009
(RED)NIGHTS Hosts Star-Studded Concert at Carnegie Hall

Mark it in your diaries! October 4 at New York City’s legendary Carnegie Hall, (RED)NIGHTS will host “Hal Willner Presents: An Evening with Gavin Friday and Friends.” We can’t wait. The star-studded evening will feature Laurie Anderson, Antony, Elizabeth Ashley, Bono, Adam Clayton, Andrea Corr, The Edge, Flo & Eddie, Joel Grey, Gavin Friday and the Virgin Prunes, Bill Frisell, Guggi, Courtney Love, Lydia Lunch, Patrick McCabe, Maria McKee, Shane MacGowan, Eric Mingus, Larry Mullen, JG Thirlwell, Martha Wainright, Rufus Wainright, and Chloe Webb plus other special guests.

Tickets for the event will go on sale on Wednesday, September 16 at 11AM EST. And as with all (RED)NIGHTS shows, a portion of the proceeds from the concert goes directly to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Gavin, who’s a childhood friend of Bono, is an Irish singer, composer and painter and founding member of the gothic rock group The Virgin Prunes. We’re so happy that he’s decided to turn this amazing show (RED).

Tickets are available at CarnegieCharge at 212.247.7800, Carnegie Hall and the box office. Get them on Wednesday.

See you there!

I'll have to check

i don't think much...being wherre it is....

But about 5- 6-7 blocks away is a Whole Foods Market with a delicious Hot & Cold Salad bar . It's not super cheap. $8.99 /LB
It's at the big Time Warner Building on Columbus circle

I eat there 2 -3 TIMES /MONTH when i have some extra $ with or without friends.
Usually i pend around 3 -4 $ like a half meal. Once every 6 -8 weeks I'll spend around 10$ there.

let me see what I can get on lne restaurant wise! get back to you.

looked on half of Menupages for that area.

only thig so far that's cheapish and good sounding is

Fluffy's cafe & bakery

855 7th Ave
between 54th & 55ft streets

it's an early night here :grumpy::grumpy:

SO I have leave in a few mins

back tomorrow hopefully by 4PM :wave:

thanks for looking into it, dazz! please keep us posted :) we probably won't know what's going on until the day of.

when does this thing start?

I'll be on-lne a bit between say 1PM - about 4PM tomorrow/ SAT

I will be out all day Sun (2 major events) into late afternoon 5,

i guess i could go to the net cafe ON SUN around 6PM in midtown and find out where you all are going/haVE GONE

I KNOW IT DEPENDS ALSO ON WHEN IT STARTS
SO FILL ME IN ON THAT BY TOMORROW EARLY AFTERNOON
THATT'LL HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO LOOK FOR/MEET UP W YOU ALL! :hyper:

Does anyone know if there is a dress code?

I'm not sure, Laura. I personally want to get a little dressier than usual, cause it is Carnegie Hall. Unfortunately, I've gained weight and need to run to the big girls store when it opens to find something that will fit that description!!! I think jeans would be fine, tho.

Mikal, the guys in U2 have been separately billed as part of the line-up, the ad listed Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge and Larry Mullen Jr. I read an interview with Gavin in which he said they'd be "Part of the ensemble", whatever that means. I think it means we'll be seeing these musicians in a slightly different context than the usual four-piece group. We'll see about that tonight!

Back
Top Bottom