(Red)nights hosts star-studded concert at carnegie hall!! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:50 PM

Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

It was great to find most of you gals last night!

missed laura

and one4 since you didn't give any description of yourself i couldn't look for you!

Luckily Diane DID describe her fancy top so i caught her!
And Mia & Cari I've hung out enough times to be most likely able to recognize them!

till the next U2 event -- see you in Interland!

one4 your pics are coming out as the blue square w "?" mark on my Mac.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #48
War Child

Local Time: 12:50 AM
Yea for pics! Merci
Old 10-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Orange coat on Adam? He's all ready for Halloween!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #50
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane L View Post
They wouldn't let me take any!!! I went to take one with my camera phone and an usher came by and made me put it away!!!
The first half of the show the ushers were telling us to put away the cameras, by the time Dennis Hopper started taking pictures, it was a free for all

YouTube - Gavin Friday & Friends (U2) "The Jean Genie"
Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

I was upfront of all the chaos with Heather and Adge
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beershack View Post
The first half of the show the ushers were telling us to put away the cameras, by the time Dennis Hopper started taking pictures, it was a free for all

YouTube - Gavin Friday & Friends (U2) "The Jean Genie"
That video is so awesome, thanks! Do you have any more?

I pretty much resigned myself to only seeing two shows this leg, and that really didn't bother me (hoping for many more next year, though), but for this, I'm incredibly envious of all of you who were able to attend!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramullen View Post
I was upfront of all the chaos with Heather and Adge
so... what did you see, who did you meet?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi View Post
so... what did you see, who did you meet?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Diane, it was indeed a pleasure finally meeting you. Dazz, it's always great to catch up with you in the city! Perhaps next time we can hang out longer.

It really was an amazing show...one of those once in a lifetime events for me, since I don't typically have the money to afford star-studded events at Carnegie Hall!

I can't believe I witnessed The Virgin Freaking Prunes with my own eyes!!!! I can only imagine how avant garde their music was at the time...though, if they were still together now, I think they'd have quite a following. They really rocked the house.

U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend. I was really looking forward to seeing the Wainwrights, and natch, Andrea Corr (girlcrush). I was pleasantly surprised with Shane MacGowan's performance (I hadn't listened to The Pogues much before, now I'm very much interested...what a voice!). Lady Gaga made a surprise appearance. I've never heard any of her songs in their entirety, but last night I realized she has an incredible voice and is a very talented woman (though she hides it well with some of the soundbytes I've heard )

I flipped my shit, however, when Lou Reed took the stage. When they played Sweet Jane, I stood up for the first time that whole night, was clapping, dancing, and throwing my hands in the air. I love that man. This is my 2nd time seeing him this year (saw him at Lolla) and DAMN he can rock!!

What a night! I'm so glad I was able to partake in such an event. Cari and I decided to be glamorous that night, I mean why not? It's friggin' CARNEGIE HALL! We felt like rockstars ourselves It was super fun. So many legends in one night. I wish I could've taken pictures and video, but unfortunately I was right next to one of the ushers stands. No matter though, I'll forever carry this experience in my heart.

ETA: I also wanted to say that I really appreciated Gavin Friday's work after last night. Beforehand, I was only familiar with a handful of songs. He's done collaborations with many artists for awhile now, and it was really cool hearing his other works.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
Diane, it was indeed a pleasure finally meeting you. Dazz, it's always great to catch up with you in the city! Perhaps next time we can hang out longer.

It really was an amazing show...one of those once in a lifetime events for me, since I don't typically have the money to afford star-studded events at Carnegie Hall!

I can't believe I witnessed The Virgin Freaking Prunes with my own eyes!!!! I can only imagine how avant garde their music was at the time...though, if they were still together now, I think they'd have quite a following. They really rocked the house.

U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend. I was really looking forward to seeing the Wainwrights, and natch, Andrea Corr (girlcrush). I was pleasantly surprised with Shane MacGowan's performance (I hadn't listened to The Pogues much before, now I'm very much interested...what a voice!). Lady Gaga made a surprise appearance. I've never heard any of her songs in their entirety, but last night I realized she has an incredible voice and is a very talented woman (though she hides it well with some of the soundbytes I've heard )

I flipped my shit, however, when Lou Reed took the stage. When they played Sweet Jane, I stood up for the first time that whole night, was clapping, dancing, and throwing my hands in the air. I love that man. This is my 2nd time seeing him this year (saw him at Lolla) and DAMN he can rock!!

What a night! I'm so glad I was able to partake in such an event. Cari and I decided to be glamorous that night, I mean why not? It's friggin' CARNEGIE HALL! We felt like rockstars ourselves It was super fun. So many legends in one night. I wish I could've taken pictures and video, but unfortunately I was right next to one of the ushers stands. No matter though, I'll forever carry this experience in my heart.

great review. and, speaking as a journalist, love the style here
Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks, Romi
Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Quote:
Quote:
U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend.
^ this

my highlights were the Prunes & Gavin himself. this evening was indeed amazing!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Mia, that is a wonderful review. I love that this show exposed me to artists I never would have heard otherwise. I got a musical education, AND I got to watch Bono and his friends up close! It doesn't get better than that!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #60
War Child

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Thanks for the reports video and photos I can see courtney love is very flirty with gavin .