(Red)nights hosts star-studded concert at carnegie hall!! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 09:10 PM


__________________

one4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,147
Local Time: 10:10 PM


It was great to find most of you gals last night!

missed laura

and one4 since you didn't give any description of yourself i couldn't look for you!

Luckily Diane DID describe her fancy top so i caught her!
And Mia & Cari I've hung out enough times to be most likely able to recognize them!

till the next U2 event -- see you in Interland!


one4 your pics are coming out as the blue square w "?" mark on my Mac.
__________________

dazzledbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #48
War Child
 
chazman151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 584
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Yea for pics! Merci
chazman151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Diane L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
Posts: 8,862
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Orange coat on Adam? He's all ready for Halloween!
Diane L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #50
War Child
 
beershack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 666
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane L View Post
They wouldn't let me take any!!! I went to take one with my camera phone and an usher came by and made me put it away!!!
The first half of the show the ushers were telling us to put away the cameras, by the time Dennis Hopper started taking pictures, it was a free for all

beershack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 52,117
Local Time: 10:10 PM
I was upfront of all the chaos with Heather and Adge
lauramullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,735
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beershack View Post
The first half of the show the ushers were telling us to put away the cameras, by the time Dennis Hopper started taking pictures, it was a free for all

That video is so awesome, thanks! Do you have any more?


I pretty much resigned myself to only seeing two shows this leg, and that really didn't bother me (hoping for many more next year, though), but for this, I'm incredibly envious of all of you who were able to attend!
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
romi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 5,766
Local Time: 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramullen View Post
I was upfront of all the chaos with Heather and Adge
so... what did you see, who did you meet?
romi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romi View Post
so... what did you see, who did you meet?
one4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 09:10 PM
Diane, it was indeed a pleasure finally meeting you. Dazz, it's always great to catch up with you in the city! Perhaps next time we can hang out longer.

It really was an amazing show...one of those once in a lifetime events for me, since I don't typically have the money to afford star-studded events at Carnegie Hall!

I can't believe I witnessed The Virgin Freaking Prunes with my own eyes!!!! I can only imagine how avant garde their music was at the time...though, if they were still together now, I think they'd have quite a following. They really rocked the house.

U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend. I was really looking forward to seeing the Wainwrights, and natch, Andrea Corr (girlcrush). I was pleasantly surprised with Shane MacGowan's performance (I hadn't listened to The Pogues much before, now I'm very much interested...what a voice!). Lady Gaga made a surprise appearance. I've never heard any of her songs in their entirety, but last night I realized she has an incredible voice and is a very talented woman (though she hides it well with some of the soundbytes I've heard )

I flipped my shit, however, when Lou Reed took the stage. When they played Sweet Jane, I stood up for the first time that whole night, was clapping, dancing, and throwing my hands in the air. I love that man. This is my 2nd time seeing him this year (saw him at Lolla) and DAMN he can rock!!

What a night! I'm so glad I was able to partake in such an event. Cari and I decided to be glamorous that night, I mean why not? It's friggin' CARNEGIE HALL! We felt like rockstars ourselves It was super fun. So many legends in one night. I wish I could've taken pictures and video, but unfortunately I was right next to one of the ushers stands. No matter though, I'll forever carry this experience in my heart.

ETA: I also wanted to say that I really appreciated Gavin Friday's work after last night. Beforehand, I was only familiar with a handful of songs. He's done collaborations with many artists for awhile now, and it was really cool hearing his other works.
unico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
romi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 5,766
Local Time: 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
Diane, it was indeed a pleasure finally meeting you. Dazz, it's always great to catch up with you in the city! Perhaps next time we can hang out longer.

It really was an amazing show...one of those once in a lifetime events for me, since I don't typically have the money to afford star-studded events at Carnegie Hall!

I can't believe I witnessed The Virgin Freaking Prunes with my own eyes!!!! I can only imagine how avant garde their music was at the time...though, if they were still together now, I think they'd have quite a following. They really rocked the house.

U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend. I was really looking forward to seeing the Wainwrights, and natch, Andrea Corr (girlcrush). I was pleasantly surprised with Shane MacGowan's performance (I hadn't listened to The Pogues much before, now I'm very much interested...what a voice!). Lady Gaga made a surprise appearance. I've never heard any of her songs in their entirety, but last night I realized she has an incredible voice and is a very talented woman (though she hides it well with some of the soundbytes I've heard )

I flipped my shit, however, when Lou Reed took the stage. When they played Sweet Jane, I stood up for the first time that whole night, was clapping, dancing, and throwing my hands in the air. I love that man. This is my 2nd time seeing him this year (saw him at Lolla) and DAMN he can rock!!

What a night! I'm so glad I was able to partake in such an event. Cari and I decided to be glamorous that night, I mean why not? It's friggin' CARNEGIE HALL! We felt like rockstars ourselves It was super fun. So many legends in one night. I wish I could've taken pictures and video, but unfortunately I was right next to one of the ushers stands. No matter though, I'll forever carry this experience in my heart.

great review. and, speaking as a journalist, love the style here
romi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 09:10 PM
Thanks, Romi
unico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cruzila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Posts: 6,591
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
I can't believe I witnessed The Virgin Freaking Prunes with my own eyes!!!! I can only imagine how avant garde their music was at the time...though, if they were still together now, I think they'd have quite a following. They really rocked the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend.
^ this

my highlights were the Prunes & Gavin himself. this evening was indeed amazing!
cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Diane L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
Posts: 8,862
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Mia, that is a wonderful review. I love that this show exposed me to artists I never would have heard otherwise. I got a musical education, AND I got to watch Bono and his friends up close! It doesn't get better than that!!!
Diane L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #60
War Child
 
bella88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 732
Local Time: 12:10 PM
Thanks for the reports video and photos I can see courtney love is very flirty with gavin .
__________________

bella88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BeLIEve, I have a special request. STING2 Peeling off those Dollar Bills 25 10-12-2006 01:54 AM
Virtual U2 Concert? Lila64 Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 44 06-29-2006 09:51 PM
"U2 Concert What Church Should Be" MrsSpringsteen The Goal Is Soul 19 02-06-2006 06:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com