(Red)nights hosts star-studded concert at carnegie hall!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just going to wear jeans and a nice shirt

I just got back from the BIG girls store. I bought a tomato red lacey top and a black skirt. But I really don't like the skirt that much so I think I'll wear jeans too! :) I also had my hair blown out and highlighted cause I didn't like the way I was looking, sheesh, this night is costing me a fortune!!!

So, if anyone sees a BIG girl with a tomato red lacey blouse on at the show, stop and say hi!!!!

Pictures, pictures, pictures people!!!! :sexywink:

They wouldn't let me take any!!! I went to take one with my camera phone and an usher came by and made me put it away!!!

I'm not sure where we're going to post our experiences at the show...but it was one of the greatest concerts I ever saw. And Lady GaGa, of all people, showed up!!! My seats were awesome and I've never seen U2 up so close. A wonderful night. I'll post more when I'm not so exhausted!

I have some great shots..will post later..but I must say, if it wasn't for the band that would've been an even more painful show to sit through in my opinion :crack:

i was able to get some photos and some video; i'll try to post later on. :crack:

thought the whole show was wickedly awesome and it was definitely an amazing feeling to be in the legendary Carnegie Hall.

we saw the VIRGIN PRUNES! way cool in my book!!!

maria, et al, was great seeing you from the balcony, sorry i couldn't lean over any more.... dang vertigo! laura, nice to chat with you outside, Dazz & Diane glad to have run into you on our way out!

thank you mia for accompanying me! had a blast!!

I have some great shots..will post later..but I must say, if it wasn't for the band that would've been an even more painful show to sit through in my opinion :crack:

I looked for you! Dazz and I went by the stage door, because I figured you'd be there, but I couldn't find you with all those people waiting. Edge & Adam walked by and I couldn't see them because there were so many people there!!!

I thought the show was really interesting with some outstanding performances. Joel Grey was amazing, and I can see why Shane McGowan is such a cult favorite. I also really liked that duet Gavin did with Eric Mingus, who I'd never heard of before, but I want to hear more from him. Lady GaGa is adorable and what a great surprise to see her there!!! I would have liked to hear more from Andrea Corr and much less from Maria McKee, who obviously has an extremely overinflated view of herself. And I'm just not one for Brecht/Weill type music, I guess.

There are two aspects of last night that I really loved. The first is that I got to see people who play key roles in U2 history--Gavin, Guggi, Dik Evans. The second was that my seat in the Second Tier was so close--I've never done GA, so this was the closest I've ever seen the band. I couldn't get my eyes off Bono. To see him so close on stage--I was so happy. Also, from where I was sitting, I could see backstage, and it was so neat to see the guys hanging out there. I spotted Morleigh too, especially during Lady GaGa's song; she and Edge were watching her.

I got home at 2:30 am, I'm working until 9 pm tonight--but it is so SO worth it to see Our Guys again!!!!!! And meeting Dazz, Mia and Carrie made a great night even better. :hug:

I looked for you! Dazz and I went by the stage door, because I figured you'd be there, but I couldn't find you with all those people waiting. Edge & Adam walked by and I couldn't see them because there were so many people there!!!

I thought the show was really interesting with some outstanding performances. Joel Grey was amazing, and I can see why Shane McGowan is such a cult favorite. I also really liked that duet Gavin did with Eric Mingus, who I'd never heard of before, but I want to hear more from him. Lady GaGa is adorable and what a great surprise to see her there!!! I would have liked to hear more from Andrea Corr and much less from Maria McKee, who obviously has an extremely overinflated view of herself. And I'm just not one for Brecht/Weill type music, I guess.

There are two aspects of last night that I really loved. The first is that I got to see people who play key roles in U2 history--Gavin, Guggi, Dik Evans. The second was that my seat in the Second Tier was so close--I've never done GA, so this was the closest I've ever seen the band. I couldn't get my eyes off Bono. To see him so close on stage--I was so happy. Also, from where I was sitting, I could see backstage, and it was so neat to see the guys hanging out there. I spotted Morleigh too, especially during Lady GaGa's song; she and Edge were watching her.

I got home at 2:30 am, I'm working until 9 pm tonight--but it is so SO worth it to see Our Guys again!!!!!! And meeting Dazz, Mia and Carrie made a great night even better. :hug:

I was there in the middle of the chaos right at the front door.. I'm sorry I missed you! Funny because the whole time my eyes were locked on the side door staring at Larry and Bono too :love:Glad you had a good time I will post some pics later..that crowd was chaos at the end of the night and those cops had no idea what the hell they were doing again, a bit of a mess!

I also heard from a good source there are talks of the band playing the superbowl ....

I would have liked to hear more from Andrea Corr and much less from Maria McKee, who obviously has an extremely overinflated view of herself. And I'm just not one for Brecht/Weill type music, I guess.

Ha...I agree. Thinking of a caricature of some floozy opera singer in a farcical English play.

ch4.jpg

ch6.jpg

ch3.jpg

:wave::wave:

It was great to find most of you gals last night! :hyper::heart:

missed laura :(

and one4 since you didn't give any description of yourself i couldn't look for you!

Luckily Diane DID describe her fancy top so i caught her!
And Mia & Cari I've hung out enough times to be most likely able to recognize them!

till the next U2 :heart::drool: event -- see you in Interland!:D

one4 your pics are coming out as the blue square w "?" mark on my Mac.

The first half of the show the ushers were telling us to put away the cameras, by the time Dennis Hopper started taking pictures, it was a free for all

YouTube - Gavin Friday & Friends (U2) "The Jean Genie"

That video is so awesome, thanks! Do you have any more?

I pretty much resigned myself to only seeing two shows this leg, and that really didn't bother me (hoping for many more next year, though), but for this, I'm incredibly envious of all of you who were able to attend!

Diane, it was indeed a pleasure finally meeting you. Dazz, it's always great to catch up with you in the city! Perhaps next time we can hang out longer.

It really was an amazing show...one of those once in a lifetime events for me, since I don't typically have the money to afford star-studded events at Carnegie Hall!

I can't believe I witnessed The Virgin Freaking Prunes with my own eyes!!!! I can only imagine how avant garde their music was at the time...though, if they were still together now, I think they'd have quite a following. They really rocked the house.

U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend. I was really looking forward to seeing the Wainwrights, and natch, Andrea Corr (girlcrush). I was pleasantly surprised with Shane MacGowan's performance (I hadn't listened to The Pogues much before, now I'm very much interested...what a voice!). Lady Gaga made a surprise appearance. I've never heard any of her songs in their entirety, but last night I realized she has an incredible voice and is a very talented woman (though she hides it well with some of the soundbytes I've heard ;) )

I flipped my shit, however, when Lou Reed took the stage. When they played Sweet Jane, I stood up for the first time that whole night, was clapping, dancing, and throwing my hands in the air. I love that man. This is my 2nd time seeing him this year (saw him at Lolla) and DAMN he can rock!!

What a night! I'm so glad I was able to partake in such an event. Cari and I decided to be glamorous that night, I mean why not? It's friggin' CARNEGIE HALL! We felt like rockstars ourselves ;) It was super fun. So many legends in one night. I wish I could've taken pictures and video, but unfortunately I was right next to one of the ushers stands. No matter though, I'll forever carry this experience in my heart.

ETA: I also wanted to say that I really appreciated Gavin Friday's work after last night. Beforehand, I was only familiar with a handful of songs. He's done collaborations with many artists for awhile now, and it was really cool hearing his other works.

Diane, it was indeed a pleasure finally meeting you. Dazz, it's always great to catch up with you in the city! Perhaps next time we can hang out longer.

It really was an amazing show...one of those once in a lifetime events for me, since I don't typically have the money to afford star-studded events at Carnegie Hall!

I can't believe I witnessed The Virgin Freaking Prunes with my own eyes!!!! I can only imagine how avant garde their music was at the time...though, if they were still together now, I think they'd have quite a following. They really rocked the house.

U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend. I was really looking forward to seeing the Wainwrights, and natch, Andrea Corr (girlcrush). I was pleasantly surprised with Shane MacGowan's performance (I hadn't listened to The Pogues much before, now I'm very much interested...what a voice!). Lady Gaga made a surprise appearance. I've never heard any of her songs in their entirety, but last night I realized she has an incredible voice and is a very talented woman (though she hides it well with some of the soundbytes I've heard ;) )

I flipped my shit, however, when Lou Reed took the stage. When they played Sweet Jane, I stood up for the first time that whole night, was clapping, dancing, and throwing my hands in the air. I love that man. This is my 2nd time seeing him this year (saw him at Lolla) and DAMN he can rock!!

What a night! I'm so glad I was able to partake in such an event. Cari and I decided to be glamorous that night, I mean why not? It's friggin' CARNEGIE HALL! We felt like rockstars ourselves ;) It was super fun. So many legends in one night. I wish I could've taken pictures and video, but unfortunately I was right next to one of the ushers stands. No matter though, I'll forever carry this experience in my heart.

:up:
great review. and, speaking as a journalist, love the style here:wink:

U2 was surprisingly not the highlight of the night for me. I appreciated that on the poster they advertised themselves as individuals, not as the band. This was definitely special event of talented artist celebrating their beloved friend.

^ this :up: :up:

my highlights were the Prunes & Gavin himself. this evening was indeed amazing!

Mia, that is a wonderful review. I love that this show exposed me to artists I never would have heard otherwise. I got a musical education, AND I got to watch Bono and his friends up close! It doesn't get better than that!!!

Back
Top Bottom