Raleigh St. Patty's Gathering - Yes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
After some discussion with a few other Blue Crackers, I've been asked to find out what kind of participation we could stir up for an Interference outing in Raleigh on March 13th. I'm not familiar with any of the bars in Raleigh, but Citysearch.com does show a decent selection of Irish style pubs/restaurants: Tir Na Nog, Trali, The Hibernian & Napper Tandy's seem to be the forerunners of our choices.

What I'm trying to find out with this thread is: who would be interested in attending an outing on Saturday, March 13 & which location, if any, would you prefer to visit? (Anyone with knowledge of any of Raleigh's Irish pubs [even if you wouldn't be able to join us this time] is welcomed - no, encouraged! :) - to give their input.

Keep in mind, almost everyone will be having their St. Patty's celebrations the weekend prior to the 17th - so if we're going to have a gathering, we'll need a pretty solid headcount by about the 25th of this month so I'll have time to call our location & reserve seating for the group.

So OK, North Carolina - let's see some U2/Interference camraderie! :beer: :D

I am there times 20! :) But you know this. On a side note, I've been to Tir na Nog a couple of times. It has a great ambience, and it looked like there was room for a band? Only complaint was that the Irish cuisine was not so great or authentic. The Shepherd's Pie was very tomatoey. Just in case anyone was planning on eating at the same place we partay at. I will be enjoying dinner in Greensboro (perhaps my Guinness Shepherd's Pie) and then having a liquid desert.

I can't wait for this. Slainte!

I should probably ask...is anyone offering accomodations in Raleigh? Or maybe we could consider splitting the cost of a cheap hotel room? Things are just a bit tight for me personally right now after having a week off of work due to the snow. I'd be more than willing to go in on a room with others. :applaud:

ooh I'd come up for this!

Then you & I shall discussing this face to face in about 2 wks. :D :hyper:

I should probably ask...is anyone offering accomodations in Raleigh?
I won't be any help on this part of the plans. Through some good fortune, I have standing private accomodations in Raleigh for Mr. Blu & myself.

Then you & I shall discussing this face to face in about 2 wks. :D :hyper:

I won't be any help on this part of the plans. Through some good fortune, I have standing private accomodations in Raleigh for Mr. Blu & myself.

My hubby, unfortunately, is not a U2 fan and is just not quite as spirited as myself when it comes to the bar/pub scene. Not that I do it often.

So I'm just gonna make an offer on here that I will split the cost of a hotel room with any other interferencer (female plz/thanks) that needs a room. Someone just let me know.

Won't be the same without us.... :tsk:
Well, that goes without saying. Perhaps you could take a St. Patty's photo of yourself & the Mrs., then email it to me. I could then frame it & carry it with us all night... with a fair amount of libations & imagination, it'd be almost like having you with us. :lol:

I wish I could join you guys, but that's a long trek for me! :sad:

How about watching the cover band Unforgettable Fire in NYC instead on March 19th? They're playing at BB Kings in Times Square.

:shh: it's not a developed plan yet, but I think there are a few Interferencers coming to that show. I would if I could get a decent hotel, probably have to share with many people. Hotel prices are kinda high on that weekend. Those Irishmen and their Saint Paddy's day... :D

:bump: Sorry for the disappearing act... I've been without a PC at home for over a week now (technical problems... don't ask :madwife:) & too busy at work to do much surfing. I hate to say it, but I believe we're going to have to call the St Patty's plans a wash.

We can try again in May or so & see if there's any more interest then. Besides, with the crazy weather right now, who knows? We could all get snowed in/snowed out of Raleigh until the spring thaw. :lol:

:sad: This stinks that there aren't any takers. But I agree with MissVelvet Dress...The beach sounds fab hehe. I'm down for that! Roaaaad tripppp!

Back
Top Bottom