Over 35 U2 Lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonobeliever

The Fly
Hi, I am an "older" U2 fan lover - not ridiculous about it - would like to talk with other over 35-somethings. If you are interested, please reply.

Hello!

Hello! I don't feel "old" for being a U2 fan. I came on board with U2 in 1985 when I first saw the video for "Two Hearts". I fell in love with those guys right then and there - and I haven't stopped since. I have a lot of respect for the members of U2. I mean, I got the books - Bono in Conversation and the U2 book. I like the fact that these guys wrote their own lyrics and compose their own music, as well as own the rights to their own catalogue. That is a huge feat in itself. I just feel that no other group can hold a candle to U2: I'm sorry! Peace!

I'm hoping that I will be able to attend my first U2 concert when the U2ers start the new tour. I was unable to attend the Vertigo Tour because by the time I found out about it, the tour was sold out. But, hopefully I be successful.

I'm going to get a tattoo as well next year. I asked one of the posters on pleba if I could use her tattoo and she said yes.

I believe the tattoo is called "the celtic cat" and it is avatar of MsPurrl. I thought she was very nice about it because I know how territorial some people are about their art and pictures.:wave:

^ I would love for Bono to draw a little picture on a body part and then get it tattoed!
That would pretty much kick ass.

I believe the tattoo is called "the celtic cat" and it is avatar of MsPurrl. I thought she was very nice about it because I know how territorial some people are about their art and pictures.:wave:

Oh yeah, I remember reading that conversation in the thread in PLEBA.

So how did all us old folks get into the band? I'd love to hear your stories. When I was in 7th or 8th grade David Young, this kid in my English class who I think had a crush on me, asked if I liked U2. I told him I did so the next day he gave me UF on tape. I took it home and listened to it over and over, writing down the lyrics as I memorized them. The rest, as they say, is history. I didn't become a really 'obsessive' fan until ATYLCB came out, even though I had all their other albums. And stoopid stoopid me, I didn't see them live until Vertigo. Why did I wait so long??? :doh:

@ 14 I heard I Will Follow on college radio....that got me interested, by the time I heard others and then saw Red Rocks, I was not only hooked but in love with them! :love:

Sicy!!! You are not old. We are not old. We are creative, smart and talented people who are doing the damn thing in this life. We have to uplift the over 35. I am proud to be 35+. There are things that I have gone through before this age that people are going through at this age! I find that so shocking. But, that is how life is. You go through it once; you go through it twice, then that is something you need to analyze. Peace!

Haha well yeah I don't really feel 35 (36 in Sept. :sad: ) but I know it wont be long until I'm 40, and I'm kind of scared of that. Since, I don't have kids and I'm not married, and I don't have a house blah blah blah but I'm relatively happy in life so I guess that's all that matters?

I'm not an overly ridiculous U2 fan. I've been a fan since I was 14, it was then that I was ridiculous :wink: But now I just appreciate the music yet I don't go crazy if a new song comes out or whatever :reject:

35ivers! Let's give ourselves a great big hand. :applaud: No more of this maudlin talk (downer). Keep it moving, grow stronger, be part of the solution, not the problem! Be a good model for other people to follow. Can I get an amen!!!!

35ivers! Let's give ourselves a great big hand. :applaud: No more of this maudlin talk (downer). Keep it moving, grow stronger, be part of the solution, not the problem! Be a good model for other people to follow. Can I get an amen!!!!
:applaud: Amen! although i didn't become a fan until 2005 in my older age of 40 now 43 :reject: i didn't like U2 when i was young or i guess i didn't pay attention to them, i missed out on a lot but i think i've caught up and it has been fun. The catching up has been fun.

Sicy!!! You are not old. We are not old. We are creative, smart and talented people who are doing the damn thing in this life. We have to uplift the over 35. I am proud to be 35+. There are things that I have gone through before this age that people are going through at this age! I find that so shocking. But, that is how life is. You go through it once; you go through it twice, then that is something you need to analyze. Peace!

Somebody give this kid some pom-poms!!! :love: Will you come to my next race? Pleeeeeeeeeze?!

Back
Top Bottom