Over 35 U2 Lovers - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2008, 02:50 AM   #46
The Fly

Local Time: 12:33 PM
i am 35. the coolest thing about being an older fan is that we saw it all happen first hand. we know what it´s like to buy the new u2 RECORD and not just download everything. we saw the concerts that younger fans wish they´d seen. we have collections of memorabilia dating back to the early 80´s. we roamed the earth looking for expensive rare 7 inches and bootleg vinyls containing obscure versions of songs that one can now download for free in about 2 minutes. what we don´t have that 19 year olds have is time to sit back and enjoy it all.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #47
The Fly

Local Time: 01:33 PM
A memorable part of being a U2 fan in the 80's and the 90's was going to the midnight releases of Joshua Tree in high school and Achtung Baby in college. And those albums lived up to all the expectations! And while everything about being in my 30's is awesome, the best part is being able to afford those expensive U2 concert tix

Old 12-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #48
Babyface

hah my parents are obsessed with them...its pretty bad
Old 01-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #49
The Fly

Hey 35ivers!

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I hope it will be a very happy new year for all of us! I have not been on here for awhile as I've been in school (passed), working (LPN) and taking care of my business. Anyway,I will be checking in and out now that I'm on a break from school. As always, I love this site and can never get enough of coming on here and seeing the pictures, and going through the threads. I've got to run now but I will be on later. Peace!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Happy New Year!

<---- = 47

(is there a different thread for "over 45 U2 Lovers" or is everyone just here? )
Old 02-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #51
The Fly

Local Time: 05:33 PM
hi y'all, 38 years young
Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #52
The Fly

Local Time: 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capetown172 View Post
A memorable part of being a U2 fan in the 80's and the 90's was going to the midnight releases of Joshua Tree in high school and Achtung Baby in college. And those albums lived up to all the expectations! And while everything about being in my 30's is awesome, the best part is being able to afford those expensive U2 concert tix
I'm with you about the tickets (and flights!). Plus having a stack of singles on 7" & 12" is great too - although haven't had anything to play them on for a while..
Old 12-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #53
Refugee

Hi I've been a u2 fan for a very long time, for more than half my life which is a weird thought! I've got records , singles and tapes of u2. And I still have all my propaganda magazine as well! Just wished I had brought the limited addition coloured singles from the 80s !
Old 12-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #54
Babyface

Local Time: 06:33 PM
Been a fan since I saw U2 on "the old grey whistle test" yes I'm that old!!!! Love them as much now as I did then, age hasn't changed anything. Went to 5 concerts in Europe this summer and 5 last summer. The only thing that has changed is that my husband is finally understanding why I love the band so much. After years hating them he is starting to like them too!!!
I still have all my propaganda magazines and so many vinyl records, then to cassette and then to CD. Downloading isn't the same. I was so excited when I went to my local record store and came out with a copy of WAIE. That excitment has never gone away. I hope it never does...
Old 12-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #55
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsteru2
Been a fan since I saw U2 on "the old grey whistle test" yes I'm that old!!!! Love them as much now as I did then, age hasn't changed anything. Went to 5 concerts in Europe this summer and 5 last summer. The only thing that has changed is that my husband is finally understanding why I love the band so much. After years hating them he is starting to like them too!!!
I still have all my propaganda magazines and so many vinyl records, then to cassette and then to CD. Downloading isn't the same. I was so excited when I went to my local record store and came out with a copy of WAIE. That excitment has never gone away. I hope it never does...
There is some thing special about records, which CDs just cant capture, although I do like the books which come with some of the special editions!
I was lucky to get hold of WAIE, and it was as exciting as before! I'm been to Dublin and Paris and twice to wembley with this tour. Some people don't understand why I go to so many concerts, but each one is so different, would go again if I could!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #56
Refugee

And I'm 46!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #57
Mirror Ball Man 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capetown172 View Post
nd while everything about being in my 30's is awesome, the best part is being able to afford those expensive u2 concert tix

this!

U2BROTHR's JOSHUA TREE TOUR
Vancouver Toronto Boston Buffalo
U2BROTHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #58
Refugee

I guess the nice thing is that as u get older I don't really care so much what others think , especially when it comes to u2 concerts!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #59
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
There is some thing special about records, which CDs just cant capture, although I do like the books which come with some of the special editions!
I was lucky to get hold of WAIE, and it was as exciting as before! I'm been to Dublin and Paris and twice to wembley with this tour. Some people don't understand why I go to so many concerts, but each one is so different, would go again if I could!!!
I was at both Wembleys also, I'm so hoping for a UK/ Ireland date at the end of this tour. If they wait another 4 years I'll be there with a zimmer frame!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #60
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmerald View Post
I'm with you about the tickets (and flights!). Plus having a stack of singles on 7" & 12" is great too - although haven't had anything to play them on for a while..
Agree with you about being able to afford to actually go to concerts now I'm older and earn more money!!!! Couldn't always afford it years ago. Availability of tickets is also easier now with the internet and presales and all that..