ONE at the Austin (TX) Reggae Festival THIS WEEKEND!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
For the third consecutive year, I will be hosting a ONE booth at Austin's annual Reggae Festival this weekend - 15 and 16 April 2006.

Here is a link to the official website:

http://www.austinreggaefest.com/

I encourage everyONE in the central Texas area to come out to the Festival, hear some EXCELLENT live Reggae music and come over to the ONE booth and support the struggle to MAKE POVERTY HISTORY! :up:

I would love to meet any of my fellow Interferencers there and would welcome you to be a part of our efforts this weekend.

Think of how glad it would make Bono and all the performers of Live8 to know that we have our enthusiasm and concern for the world's poorest people and put it into tangible action!

Take good care.

Jah bless and guide. :hug:

Carek1230 said:
Good luck with the booth and festival this year, Jamila! :hug:

Thank you (as always), my dear friend, for your well wishes for the success of this booth.

As an African activist, I started my booths for Africa's Future even BEFORE the ONE Campaign started, but have been easily able to continue this booth as a ONE booth.

Every year the interest in the booth grows - and the number of people who come over and sign the ONE petition and gather info.

This is VERY HOPEFUL for Africa's Future.:up:

The weather this year is dry and near 90 degrees F, so I hope that the organizers are good to me again this year and give me a spot under a tree. (smile)

I sunburn quite easy.

Personally, I couldn't think of a better way to spend Easter weekend - a spiritual weekend of renewed Hope and Life. :hug:

Please join us this weekend and help to bring renewed Hope and Life to some of the world's poorest people!

Plus you can enjoy some very irie music. :bonodrum:

Just an update on this event so far.

Yesterday was an overwhelmingly positive day for the ONE booth.

I estimated that I would probably do as well as I did last year and gather about 100 signatures a day for ONE at the Festival.

Imagine my surprise when I gathered 140 signatures in just ONE day!

So today I will take another good supply of pettitions and ONE info sheets to make sure that I have enough.

I don't have a lot of time now, but when I get the chance to post again I'll give some of my ideas just how effective ONE has been in getting its basic message out to the general public.

It will be a positive review. (smile)

Take very good care, my friends. Blessings always. :wink:

Just got home from another day at Reggae Fest and I am very pleased to announce that I collected 270 signatures for ONE in the two days of the Festival.

That is at least 70 more signatures than I was able to collect last year! :up:

The crowd this year was VERY receptive to the message of ONE, even though the majority of them had never heard of the ONE Campaign.

I'll have some closing thoughts on this weekend soon. Overall, I would have to say that the American people are being much more receptive to the goals of ONE.

And that is GREAT NEWS for Africa's Future. :yes:

Just got home from another day at Reggae Fest and I am very pleased to announce that I collected 270 signatures for ONE in the two days of the Festival.

The crowd this year was VERY receptive to the message of ONE, even though the majority of them had never heard of the ONE Campaign.

I'll have some closing thoughts on this weekend soon. Overall, I would have to say that the American people are being much more receptive to the goals of ONE.

Back
Top Bottom