ONE at the AUSTIN (TX) REGGAE FEST THIS WEEKEND!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi EveryONE,

Next weekend, for the THIRD year in a row, I will be staffing an outreach booth for ONE at the Austin Reggae Festival. ( www.austinreggaefes t.com). I have already put up the information on the ONE site at the "Take Action - Host an Event" page.

The Festival runs next Sat and Sun, 21 and 22 April 2007 from 11:30am to 10:00pm each day. I normally arrive about 10:00am to set up the booth and leave around 8:00pm due to the darkness of the evening.

I would like to invite any of you to COME TOGETHER AS ONE and JOIN ME at the ONE booth next weekend. I can always use the help and love the company of other ONE supporters.

This Festival normally nets the BIGGEST AMOUNT OF ONE SIGNATURES in the Austin area for one event. I normally can get a minimum of 300 signatures for ONE during the Festival.

If you are interested in helping with the booth and in hearing some GREAT Reggae music, please let me know. :up:

HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE AUSTIN REGGAE FESTIVAL! :bonodrum:

hotpepper said:
Good luck at this event. The ONE Campaign is lucky to have your efforts.

So nice to hear from you again, hotpepper.

I don't think that we've talked since last year around the last leg of the Vertigo tour. I really hope that all is well for you. :wink:

Thanks for the wish for success on this event. It always turns into a major event for ONE in our area plus there are some AWESOME Positive Vibrations in the music!

Take good care of you and yours, hotpepper. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I just want to let everyONE know that besides all the ONE info, stickers and whitebands that I'll also have some of the BRAND NEW (RED) stickers and postcards to give out to those who stop by the booth!

The (RED) team in Califirnia sent some to me this week and their info sheets and stickers are GREAT!

I hope to see y'all this weekend. :love: :hug:

If you want people to believe what you are doing and saying its time to cough up some pictures on here. Other people would like to see what you are doing and yet there is not one picture!

JCOSTER, the AustinReggaeFest hasn't even begun yet. :huh:

As for my meeting with Mr. Shriver and Julie the other day from (RED), I mentioned that (RED) has my roll of film.

When they send me pictures of that day, then I'll ask someone here to post one or two of them.

I can't do that before they send them to me.:wink:

I think a little bit of patience is required here........and a little bit of kindness. :yes:

Negativity doesn't get you anywhere positive in life.......and I'm strictly positive.

May I ask where are your pictures from your classroom presentations? Has the newspaper article been written yet?

I'm off for the Austin ReggaeFestival. I'm going to have an irie day.

I hope that you can too. :bonodrum: :hug:

I had a FANTASTIC day at the Austin Reggae Festival for ONE.

I collected 200 sign ups for ONE today which is almost unheard of for a single ONE volunteer to gather in one day!

I'm very ti(red) - and I still have one more day to go. But it's a good ti(red). ~

Wish me well tomorrow. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Well, another Austin Reggae Fest is over and I collected another 110 signatures for ONE today. :hi5:

The crowds were a bit lighter than yesterday and it rained off an on all day which affected the amount of signatures that I got.

But, I'm still satisfied that another 310 people will have the opportunity to let their voices be heard in order to make extreme poverty history.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:
JCOSTER, the AustinReggaeFest hasn't even begun yet. :huh:

As for my meeting with Mr. Shriver and Julie the other day from (RED), I mentioned that (RED) has my roll of film.

When they send me pictures of that day, then I'll ask someone here to post one or two of them.

I can't do that before they send them to me.:wink:

I think a little bit of patience is required here........and a little bit of kindness. :yes:

Negativity doesn't get you anywhere positive in life.......and I'm strictly positive.

May I ask where are your pictures from your classroom presentations? Has the newspaper article been written yet?

I'm off for the Austin ReggaeFestival. I'm going to have an irie day.

I hope that you can too. :bonodrum: :hug:

When you get picture of the festival please post them, I know it hadn't started yet.

I am not allowed to take pictures of other peoples children in the classroom only the local newpaper can do that.

The newspaper article would be written in June when the schools field day will take place and incorporate extreme poverty in it.

I am extremly positive in life....I just don't like people yanking others chains.

No one here has seen a picture of anything you have said, so it makes them very skeptical.

I'm not in competition with anyone, my friend.

I hope that you aren't either. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom