ONE at the Austin AIDS Walk - (TX) *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hey EveryONE,

For the FIFTH year in a row, ONE will have a booth at the Austin AIDS Walk which will take place on October 19, 2008, starting at 9:30 am. This year the AIDS Walk will start from City Hall Plaza, 301 W. Cesar Chavez, and will take about an hour to complete.

Once more, I will be staffing this booth which will be under a tent and I invite any of you who are interested to join me AS ONE helping to bring the message of our movement to the people at the AIDS Walk. Every year, more than two hundred people sign up to join ONE at the Austin AIDS Walk and this year should be the same.

But to make the ONE booth as effective as possible, we need as many volunteers as possible to show up and help us spread the message of ONE in our community. If you have been waiting for a chance to help ONE and speak up for the rights of the world's poor - this is it!

We will also have a special friend with us at the ONE booth so please make sure to come and JOIN US. Here is all the info that I've posted at the ONE site:

ONE Action

ALWAYS FOREVER, ONE - debbie :cute:

Here is the bigger worldwide event that we are a part. This is the text of an email that I received this week.

Hope that you'll join us in your part of the world!

ALWAYS FOREVER, ONE - debbie :cute:

Dear friend,

In just two weeks thousands of like-minded people around the world have taken part in in my name, and over 750,000 people have watched the in my name videos on YouTube.

So to build upon this fantastic online success, this weekend we're joining Stand Up and Take Action, who are aiming to break the World Record for the largest coordinated movement of people in history: 43.7 million people. Breaking this huge record will amplify the clear message to governments to end poverty and inequality and meet and exceed the Millennium Development Goals.

Everyone who adds their support online to in my name during October 17-19 will count towards the World Record, but we've only got a 48 hour window.

Help make history - forward this email to 5 friends and ask them to add their name at in my name | in my name

Stand Up and Take Action brings together a global movement of people - from villages and cities, from rich and poor countries - who refuse to stay seated or silent in the face of poverty and broken promises to end it.

Last year, over 43 million people Stood Up around the world to demand that world leaders keep their promises to end poverty and inequality and make progress towards the Millennium Development Goals. Join with us in this global moment of action:

Forward this email to 5 friends and ask them to add their name at in my name | in my name

Every day, 50,000 people die as a result of extreme poverty and the gap between rich and poor people is increasing. Nearly half the world's population live in poverty, 70% of whom are women.

We have the power to change this.

Thanks for all you do,
Helena
for the in my name team

PS: Like to join an event? You can find out where people are Standing Up near you by visiting the Stand Up and Take Action website: Stand Up :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom