Oklahoma people!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um, I've been to Tulsa, Sapulpa, Sand Springs and Bristow but I can't tell you much about the other places you mentioned :shrug:

I don't know what you speak of in your post - except the Murrah Building - but I did not visit it when I was in OKC.

I want to visit a city in Oklahoma - I forget the name - but it has a Frank Lloyd Wright building they have recently made into a hotel.

Frank Lloyd Wright :drool:

I know, hon, but it's three or four hours south, and I need to head up to Cleveland.

And Meeker is a bit of a religious pilgrimage. I'm not kidding, and you most likely don't want to know.

But thanks for the help!

I literally clicked on the wrong thing and ended up in this forum, but here I am!

First, the Frank Lloyd Wright building is in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Word on the street is that it's his only skyscraper-type building.

Meeker is east of Oklahoma City, about 35 miles or so. I often hear its name mentioned in weather reports, but I have never been there. Maybe if you tell me why you want to go there, I can help you out.

Indian City USA is in Anadarko, Oklahoma. They have their own website for all your informational needs:

www.indiancityusa.com

The Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial is in downtown OKC. Most if not all of the interstates that run through the city have signs directing you to it. I have been to the memorial, but have not been back since the museum opened. It is a moving experience, and I highly recommend going to anyone who travels through OKC. By the way, I also recommend taking a camera. I took some really memorable photographs while I was there.

Well, that's what I could slap together on my lunch break. Let me know if you need more info.

Last edited:
:dance: Heartland Girl answered!

HeartlandGirl said:

Meeker is east of Oklahoma City, about 35 miles or so. I often hear its name mentioned in weather reports, but I have never been there. Maybe if you tell me why you want to go there, I can help you out.

Ok, the weather thing is making me nervous, what with Oklahoma's weather issues and all. :ohmy:

I need to go to a place along the highway that runs through or close to the town. I know where I need to go; I was just trolling for anything else I could find out.

Thanks for all the other info! I'll probably stay in Tulsa that night.

martha said:

Ok, the weather thing is making me nervous, what with Oklahoma's weather issues and all. :ohmy:

I need to go to a place along the highway that runs through or close to the town. I know where I need to go; I was just trolling for anything else I could find out.

Thanks for all the other info! I'll probably stay in Tulsa that night.

Didn't mean to freak you out with the weather. Mostly it will just make your hair look like this: :crazy: I just mentioned it because any storm that passes through OKC, as is thus mentioned on our local news, will naturally head toward the Meeker area, which will then get mentioned by said weather people...Hence, I've heard of the town but don't know much about it. Apparently there is a famous baseball player from there, but that's all I know.

Are you driving to the Rock Hall? If so, cool! :up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom