NYE with Elevation at The Hideout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drea

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone going to the NYE Elevation show at The Hideout? Let's party! :dance:

(I may even dress up - it's NYE after all - provided I can still fit into my dress! :lol:)

Just called the bar, here's the lowdown (besides the fact these people *really* need to get their website going, and not be surprised when people call them for information):

The Hideout (484 Queen St. W)
Doors 8pm
$40 cover
Hors d'oeuvres from 9-11
Champagne at midnight
Open till 3am :)

Hope to see some Interferencers there - I'll be the tall redhead dancing her ass off :lol:

Massimo & I were just wondering what to do tomorrow night when I read Brady's entry on Facebook about his gig tomorrow night. I think we might just go...any idea if we need tickets or not?

I might get dressed up as well :hmm:

If we go, we'll def see you there! (and this time, we won't be interrupted by you running to the stage to collect your winnings :lol: )

Massimo & I were just wondering what to do tomorrow night when I read Brady's entry on Facebook about his gig tomorrow night. I think we might just go...any idea if we need tickets or not?

I might get dressed up as well :hmm:

If we go, we'll def see you there! (and this time, we won't be interrupted by you running to the stage to collect your winnings :lol: )

:lol: C'mon now, I rarely win *once*, let alone twice! (Second one was sweeter given I'd wanted that pic since I walked in that night ;))

The guy I spoke to on the phone said you could either reserve tickets in advance by a Visa card (yeah right, not giving some guy my credit card # over the phone) and they'd be waiting at the door, or you could just buy them at the door.

Happy New Year to you too :D You guys missed a fun show last night *g*

Some highlights:

Kevin on the bar vs Brady/Mick on stage during UTEOTW
Exit!
NYD as the first song of 2009
Sneaking in a second encore just before 3am (Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) and Bad)
Yay for enthusiastic from right near the start crowds! (At least until they start ending up on stage and attempting to share the microphone with the musicians that is - some woman kept jumping up on the (low) stage and "singing" with Kevin.)
Also yay for a bar that plays kickass music before the show and between sets :D

Only lowlight (personally) for the night: waiting for a (non-existant) eastbound streetcar after the show (I counted 6 westbound before I gave up 45 mins later). I think the TTC will be getting a glut of angry letters from people trying to go east last night - especially given that before I gave up some lady walked by me and said she'd been walking since Dufferin and I was at Augusta!

Thanks for a fun night guys :applaud:

Realized I forgot a couple highlights *g*

Watching the last two Cdn goals in the 7-4 victory over the US in World Juniors
Helter Skelter

(Btw, starting Electric Co. while people still have champagne glasses in their hands is :evil: - I had to chug the rest of my glass so I could dance! :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom