NYC Unforgettable Fire A documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mick3b1g

Acrobat
we were lucky enough to have the assistant director of LA Law to make a documentary of what its like to be in a tribute band. It comes out 9/22 in New York if anyone is interested Heres the trailer for it. Its all in good fun

UF TRAILER - YouTube

Mick

oh waaaaay cool, mick!

already oct 5, though. :hmm:
will have to get the Village Voice and if it's still listed!

been fairly "cofined" first to a rehab place then home/neighborhood with a 3 fractures ankle injury from April through August. Finally gotten AcessaRide and some infrequent bus/train travel now only between or after rush hours.

my computer doesn't run YT stuff well so put a reminder on my cell to check it where i get better computer service to check this out. :D

the film was shown at the Tribeca theatre a couple weeks ago for 200 people. Michelle the director is following protocol with the release. She needs to put it out to film festivals and such before public release. I myself am dying to see it again. Its her film and is more about the film process and story of us rather than about U2 per se but I admit I was blown away the way she captured the whole deal. Really cool. We are excited as Bono saw a clip and gave a thumbs up ..Michelle is super talented and caught the whole band by surprise the way she put it all together. 2 years to make it

Mick

the film was shown at the Tribeca theatre a couple weeks ago for 200 people. Michelle the director is following protocol with the release. She needs to put it out to film festivals and such before public release. I myself am dying to see it again. Its her film and is more about the film process and story of us rather than about U2 per se but I admit I was blown away the way she captured the whole deal. Really cool. We are excited as Bono saw a clip and gave a thumbs up ..Michelle is super talented and caught the whole band by surprise the way she put it all together. 2 years to make it

Mick

i get it, i think

It happened to be you guys and your tribute band is for U2
It could have been another tribe band of a different group ( ?like...almost queen :) )

So of course it might follow ( not sure what you meant about the it is more about the film process) that such aspects to be explored might be such as: why you wanted to create/be a part of a (____) Tribute Band, how you got together, recreating the experience, thee engery between UF and the audience etc

I think I'm at least partly on the right track. :D

Yeah, true dat, taking her film around to various Film Festivales etc to get attention & buzz!
Will keep a antennae up for it's mention in months ahead from various film festivals.

and waaay cool Bono gave a thumbs up. nice!

Back
Top Bottom