NYC St. Patrick's Day Thread, Part Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, forgot I posted here - I'm pretty sure but let me check the flight info

Sorry - 1.45pm. I found a bus that is $12 or something - I'll be back with the info in a sec.

Maybe one of our resident New Yorkers knows how long it might take to walk from LGA to Ditmars Blvd or Junction Blvd in Queens - those are the two closest subways.

You'd think that they would make it easier to get to and from the airport...at least a train. :slant:

DaveC said:
Maybe one of our resident New Yorkers knows how long it might take to walk from LGA to Ditmars Blvd or Junction Blvd in Queens - those are the two closest subways.

You'd think that they would make it easier to get to and from the airport...at least a train. :slant:

What street is your hotel on? or do you have the address - pm if you need to.

Looks like the M60 bus is the way to go - my hotel is on Broadway & 94th, and the M60 bus goes from the LGA terminal to Broadway & 116th. I can walk the rest of that. :D

We'll be lunching near Central Park by the time you and your crew arrive on Friday afternoon....by checking the map, your hotel is right there near Lower Harlem at the west edge of Central Park....

me and my "crew" consists of me and a suitcase! :lol:

I think my first plan once I drop my bags off at the hotel will be to find something to eat. :up:

weather.com
friday - showers - high of 50
saturday - partly cloudy - high of 40

national weather service
Friday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.

DaveC said:

JFK & Newark are very easy to get to/from by train, which of course doesn't help you any.

if ya take the M60 you'll get a lovely little tour of Harlem.

you could take the M40 to Shea Stadium and hop on the 7 Train, which will take you into Midtown, either Grand Central or Times Square. Then you'd have to transfer subways to head uptown.

up to you... doesn't really matter either way.

DaveC said:

Since I live at the last stop on the N/W train (Ditmars) I can help you out here.

The M-60 IS the way to go if you're heading in to harlem.

Otherwise, you can take the M-60 to Astoria Blvd (in Queens - like 10 minutes from LGA by bus) and take the N or W into the city. It'll take you right into the heart (Times Square) or you can get out at 59th and Lex (1st stop once you're in the city)

And if you're bored, you can swing by my apartment (5 minutes from LGA) and hang til it's time to go. :wink:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

mad.jpg

buchanan2-1.jpg

buchanan-1.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i suppose this means your good thing at work happened... congrats :up:

Actually, no, it didn't and might not. We're just in budget hell right now, and basically I cannot be out for a few days. The timing is horrid. I'm really fucking bitter right now, but, it is what is. I'd look to move my flight to Friday night, but the ticket was obtained via a voucher for a free flight and I was told I cannot move my travel dates.

Thanks, though, for the congrats, Headache, I appreciate it. Still a chance it will happen, should find out tomorrow.

Beav, to be fair, they're not doing anything wrong. When all this is over and there is some closure, I'll elaborate. I've been here 9.5 years, they've been good to me, and vice-versa. I'm bitter and angry, but it's in general, it's not focused on any person or entity.

I'll shut up now, this thread is for excitement over the gathering, not my bullshit.

Again, I hope you all have a blast and I am really sorry I'll not get to meet you guys. I have your cell phone #'s, maybe I'll prank call one of you on 3/17. :)

Last edited:
Damn, Mike - that's harsh. We'll keep our fingers crossed for the glimmer of hope that you might be able to make it after all. :up: Sounds like you could certainly use the break. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom