NYC St. Patrick's Day Thread, Part Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. BAW said:
JFK at 5 pm

look into taking the air train to jamaica station, then taking the Long Island Rail Road into Penn Station. probably cost ya about 5 bucks for the air train and 3 or so for the LIRR.

taxi will cost ya 40 bucks flat rate, not counting tip.

at that hour taking the subway is a non issue, really... but for someone coming from out of town who's never been on the subway before, it can be a bit of a culture shock... plus it's a really long subway ride from JFK.

UberBeaver,

I was wondering if you are in contact with Numb1075? He doesn't have premium membership so I have no idea, other than posting on the forum, how to get hold of him. We have tickets for the UF show at BB King's this Saturday and we've decided that we're not going, he can have them for free if you could let him know for me. cheers.

redkat said:

when you say long, like 30 minutes?

:cute: Longer. Take the Air Train to the LIRR. It's well worth the extra money, and the total for Air Train to LIRR should be under $12. Especially at that time of night. Unless you're dead set on seeing the neighborhood Biggie, Lil' Kim and Puffy are from - then, by all means, take the subway.

That's a shame but thanks for doing that UB :up:

Looks like I'm stuck with them now. Anyone wants three free tickets let me know.

I used to walk from Penn to 42nd and 6th every morning. Takes about 15 minutes, probably less. Nice walk too. Depending on how cumbersome your bags are and all, I'd say take the walk. It's a nice one. Bryant Park is right there. :drool:

UberBeaver said:
I used to walk from Penn to 42nd and 6th every morning. Takes about 15 minutes, probably less. Nice walk too. Depending on how cumbersome your bags are and all, I'd say take the walk. It's a nice one. Bryant Park is right there. :drool:
Yeah, Ubes....its right there...so if you were to walk, which streets would you use to go north or east from Penn Station? And...I've heard nice things about Bryant Park; is it just pretty? nude sunbathing women? drunken sunbathing Headache?

Oh yeah, prolly just one roller bag each and a light carryon...

I used to come up on 7th. You can go North on 7th or go east on any cross street to hit broadway and then 6th (aka Ave of the Americas). I usually just go with the lights. :D Never stop the forward progression!

Bryant is just a nice litle park. They have shows in there and stuff. It's just a lawn and some tables. People playing chess. The library is on the 5th Ave side of it. That is a cool place, it's more like a museum than a library. I doubt you'll catch any naked sunbathers in March though, but I'd put money that you'll catch a naked headache sleeping in on the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom