NYC St. Patrick's Day Thread, Part Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redkat said:

YES! the soonest they can get me out is sunday evening. LGA is shutting down completely and JFK is very limited right now. According to delta

This news makes me sad.

I was just outside, and it's pretty bad. Like a snow/ice/sleet combo going on. I came right back in.

What a pigfuck. And I was feeling sorry for myself about not attending, now I just feel bad for everyone else. Hopefully, some of you can make it anyway, be it flying to nearby airport or just having the weather clear up.

Sorry, guys. :( :hug:

So sorry for all you guys. :sad: :hug:

You really need to get there, because I'm living vicariously through several of you. I know it's not an option for Kat, but Snow/April - trains? :fingerscrossed:

ETA - are flights into Newark cancelled, too?

Last edited:
phanan said:
Perhaps the situation in Philly is better.

i think this is a really good suggstion.

it's just raining in DC and probably in Philly, and there should be ample trains going to NYC. it's 3.5 hours by train from DC, and probably only 2 hours via train from Philly. if you can go south and then travel north, i'd recommend it.

good luck, all! i'm leaving for Union Station in 4 minutes.

I really hope to see as many as you guys as possible -- get here anyway you can!

Pigfuck is a negative term, Beav. Not everyone likes to watch animals have sex as much as you do.

Philly to NY by train is like 90 minutes, it's a decent option. Trains stop running, though, around 10pm, and I'm not sure that everyone is going to make it into Philly by then, so they'd have to stay overnight.

Also, if NYC is getting hammered, Philly is too.

redkat said:
10:15 is the earliest I could get into Philly :madwife:

Get a room or rent a car. Maybe you can hook up w/ snow if she can make it to Philly tonight. It's only a 90 minute drive at that time of night. Return the car at Newark - or a rental place in Manhattan somewhere.

UberBeaver said:

Get a room or rent a car. Maybe you can hook up w/ snow if she can make it to Philly tonight. It's only a 90 minute drive at that time of night. Return the car at Newark - or a rental place in Manhattan somewhere.

If you split a room in Philly it won't be too bad. You can take Amtrak in the morning for 60 bucks.

We are leaving tomorrow morning now...which means I don't get to leave work early today.

April is coming through Indy, which means I got to take a long lunch to make sure she had somewhere to sleep.

This is going to be an Interference legend! :lol:

we are now flying to baltimore and then amtrak to nyc
we cancelled our rooms for tonight, who wants to ket me shower at their hotel at 9.30 am

Back
Top Bottom