NYC St. Patrick's Day Thread, Part Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight my bed's in NC... tomorrow night - if I go to bed :ohmy: - it's NY, NY. :hyper: :D Looking forward to meeting everyone - safe traveling to all! :up:

You know it's getting close when you start thinking about little details like camera batteries.

I've been looking at pictures of Times Square for the last 20 minutes :drool:

Mr. BAW said:
go to the tsa.org to find out exactly but 3 oz. is the limit of anything in a carry on bag...if in doubt, check it all....I'm really looking forward to seeing you since Toronto, 2 years ago....:hyper:

I'll fight you for her :glovesup:

Yay April - I guess I should have read this before I PMd you!!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
probably just messy, maybe small delays but doesn't look like anything major.

NOT to scare anyone, but it really doesn't take much for the NYC air space to shut down. Winds, a little rain, some guy in the Bronx passing gas.........and then there are "Ground Delay Programs!"

If the weather is going to be shitty (on Friday)....I am going to be delayed out of Indy. :mad:

they're lookin' at up to 6 inches, depending on which way the low pressure system travels. could be less, and it could change over to sleet by the early evening. the worst of it is suppsoed to be durring the lunch time hours... it's not supposed to be bad in the morning, and supposed to warm up a little during the early evening hours.

not an all out blizzard or anything like that, just an unfortunate mess. just prepare for delay's on flights coming in... i'll try to keep ya updated as much as i can, but i won't be home tonight or tomorrow morning so just check weather.com for the latest.

they're lookin' at up to 6 inches, depending on which way the low pressure system travels. could be less, and it could change over to sleet by the early evening. the worst of it is suppsoed to be durring the lunch time hours... it's not supposed to be bad in the morning, and supposed to warm up a little during the early evening hours.

not an all out blizzard or anything like that, just an unfortunate mess. just prepare for delay's on flights coming in... i'll try to keep ya updated as much as i can, but i won't be home tonight or tomorrow morning so just check weather.com for the latest.

this concerns Memphis and i, as we are/were to drive up tomorrow.

i think we'll just watch the weather and see how it goes and make our decisions when we can. perhaps we'll train up and then take the bus back. but i'm not sure what's going to happen -- i really don't feel like 5 hours of freezing rain/sleet/snow hell on the NJ Turnpike.

:angry:

also, i highly recommend www.weatherunderground.com. it's fun.

Ugh. :slant:

Well, hopefully that will bode well for me, then, as my flight gets in before noon.

And Irvine, I'm sending good road condition vibes out your way, but am insisting right now that anyone who can't make it to this weekend's festivities direct themselves to the London thread immediately and begin travel plans for Slutfest '07. :sexywink:

we're going to train up and bus back, which is still more than we'd like to pay but so be it.

we'll be there.

what time are people getting to wherever it is that UF are playing?

i'm sure this has been discussed, but i demand to have such common knowledge repeated for my own benefit.

Irvine511 said:
we're going to train up and bus back, which is still more than we'd like to pay but so be it.

we'll be there.

what time are people getting to wherever it is that UF are playing?

i'm sure this has been discussed, but i demand to have such common knowledge repeated for my own benefit.

i wouldn't get there until 11ish... Black 47 is playing at BB's at 7:00, they'll be done around 10, they have to clear the entire place out, clean, clear Black 47's stuff from the stage, load UF's stuff on and then soundcheck. doors are scheduled to open at 11, and they'll try to get them open as close to 11 as possible, give or take 5-10 minutes.

a line does start to form on 42nd street around 10:30ish/quarter to 11. i don't think it's really neccesary to wait there, though, unless you're really set on getting into the front row, which i doubt anyone is that dead set on, except for maybe april :wink:

the weather reports keep saying that the heavy snow won't come till late friday afternoon into friday evening... which will make rush hour traffic just splended.

if you're coming in prior to, oh, 3:00... as of now (this can of course change a million times) you should be fine, with just a few delays. after 3:00 the delays should get longer the way the forecast sits now.

also, if you're getting in early afternoon and can take the subway/train rather than bus/taxi, i'd suggest doing so.. traffic's gonna be a bitch.

redkat said:
Char says her flight is full of hot firefighters heading to the parade :drool:

Nice! :drool:

a line does start to form on 42nd street around 10:30ish/quarter to 11. i don't think it's really neccesary to wait there, though, unless you're really set on getting into the front row, which i doubt anyone is that dead set on, except for maybe april :wink:

:mad: :lol:

Since I don't want to be the only Interferencer up front, I'll wait to get in line with the rest of you GA'ers. :flirt:

if you're coming in prior to, oh, 3:00... as of now (this can of course change a million times) you should be fine, with just a few delays. after 3:00 the delays should get longer the way the forecast sits now.

also, if you're getting in early afternoon and can take the subway/train rather than bus/taxi, i'd suggest doing so.. traffic's gonna be a bitch

:pray: for the pre-3pm fliers (myself included).

OK…and this is the last, the FINAL time I will post anything about this subject…

If any of youse are in NYC tomorrow night and want to have a helluva start to your weekend in the Big Apple and need to kill some brain cells and hear some good tunes…then come to Crash Mansion

My band is having its final, final gig. We go on around 10 pm.
BUT…from 9 – 10, there are FREE VODKA DRINKS being served.

If you do go, tell them that you’re there to see ECHO. It’s only $5 to get in.

There are four bands playing that night, we’re the third one on.

www.crashmansion.com

You can check out our tunes by going to the myspace page listed in my sig

If you do manage to come down, please, please, PLEASE introduce yourself after the set.

I want to meet people from this board, damn it!

Thank you.
Have an amazing St. Patty’s weekend.
Happy birthday to those that…are…well…having a birthday.
And please, PLEASE remember...don't drink and use a metro card...that's how accidents happen...

posterce8.jpg

Got my Ticketmaster stuff sorted out, they are leaving me a replacement ticket at Will Call :up:

No dice on the shirt, but there's still a couple hours of mail delivery yet, so we'll have to see.

I hear ya. For me though I dont have a choice :) Im coming in from Mass and I dread the drive

M

Irvine511 said:

this concerns Memphis and i, as we are/were to drive up tomorrow.

i think we'll just watch the weather and see how it goes and make our decisions when we can. perhaps we'll train up and then take the bus back. but i'm not sure what's going to happen -- i really don't feel like 5 hours of freezing rain/sleet/snow hell on the NJ Turnpike.

:angry:

also, i highly recommend www.weatherunderground.com. it's fun.

Back
Top Bottom