NYC St. Patrick's Day Thread, Part Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doozer61 said:
The real reason I went to NYC...to have my pic taken with Headache
DSC01851.jpg

:love:

i spy the ketchup stain on my shirt and irish john on a cell phone

UberBeaver said:
Next year, man. Don't feel bad, I was on a 10:30 train home. I PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR! And old, washed up with a screaming child ROCK STAR!

Next Year it's a Monday - It'll be a very lonnng weekend!

You have a whole year to get ready for it!

At least Rudy showed up....! 2500 miles to meet with you...and...pfft...!

Next time I'll submit my papers to the Meet Uberbeaver Selection committee a week earlier... :lol:

another :eyebrow:

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:

Next Year it's a Monday - It'll be a very lonnng weekend!

You have a whole year to get ready for it!

the parade will not neccesarily be on monday...

The New York parade is moved to the previous Saturday (March 16) in years where March 17 is a Sunday. The event is also moved on the rare occasions when, due to Easter falling on a very early date, March 17 would land in Holy Week. This last occurred in 1913. That year the parade was held on Saturday, March 15, because Easter was on March 23 (making March 17 the Monday of Holy Week). This same scenario is scheduled to arise again in 2008, when Easter will also fall on March 23.
-wikipedia

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the parade will not neccesarily be on monday...

Thanks for that - I had no idea they would change it.

Imagine if I missed it again next year :devastation:

I'll be booking my flight for a Thursday this time...Lots of flights to be bumped to and no driving :crazy:

Mr. BAW said:
OMG! how could I forget...we left Doozer at Central Park on Sunday afternoon...we made it to Madison Avenue and walked south toward the hotel...

Along the way, near the 50's, I see this guy leaning against the building, sunglasses and having a smoke...Hey Char, you see who that was? No.

Tim Robbins... 10 minutes later, we're down closer to 45th and we see Moby (the singer) walk right past us going the other direction...

2 hours later, we see Tim Robbins on the Local news spewing his piece at the Iraq War rally on 5th Avenue!

PLX061721.jpg
Damn - I just commented to Kelly last night that while I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in NYC, I was a bit disappointed with all the real estate we traversed that we didn't have any celebrity sightings. I should have known YOU would! :banghead: :)

Didn't get a chance to post all this time cos I was out of town on work. It was great meeting you all. Love the pics posted so far! Let's do this again pls! :drool:

That would be awesome, ha?

Perfect weather, lots of beer, Doozer's chips, Rick cooking up the lawn, Sicy dancing Salsa, DMP making Mojitos, etc, etc, etc....

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom