NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Missed Bono by one minute but the others from here saw him - the other three flew in apparently but I got a good pic of Larry waving and saw Paul M. a bit later.

It's bitterly cold, I had to return to the hotel and warm up. Brrr!

Some of us thought we heard the soundcheck but it didn't sound like anything of theirs so perhaps it was the CBS Orchestra.

I met Bono and Adam. Bono didn't sign my JT Vinyl album I had, but I am going to try tonight

OK I'm back and I didn't get in :sad:

I got the standbys by calling they told me to arrive at 3:30 and I was numbers 31 and 32. They only took the first 7 people on line. I waited 2 hours in the freezing cold, met some cool people and left.

Oh well.

they used to do standby by you showing up early in the morning and getting a different color ticket than everyone else and then having to stand in a line based on your order later in the day, and if they had room they'd let you in. not sure if that's how they still do it.

so apparently it is how they still do it, or at least similar to how they do it.

that sucks that you didn't get in, but i suppose that's why it's called "stand by"

Yeah, I was surprised that everyone who had tickets came but I guess the out of towners were all ready in NY comfortable in their warm hotel room............I'm still freezing!!!

congrats to everyone who got to them today!

i made into ny on saturday b4 the snow started. but we are staying with family on long island, and got 13 inches of snow overnight, so i couldn't make it out today. hope every one had fun and some new yorkers got into the show! a friend of mine who saw the first taping said that pretty much all the standby people outside got in! laura...did u??

anyway, matt and i will def be in the city on wed to see the taping i won tix for. i think we will be around on thurs too. and of course...friday. did anyone get any info on if we can get in on friday?

ok, enjoy the show tonight. see ya'll wed! sorry again to have missed u laura! nice pix tho!

congrats to everyone who got to them today!

i made into ny on saturday b4 the snow started. but we are staying with family on long island, and got 13 inches of snow overnight, so i couldn't make it out today. hope every one had fun and some new yorkers got into the show! a friend of mine who saw the first taping said that pretty much all the standby people outside got in!

Not true, it looked like we were going to get in but they only took 7 people out of 27.

ok, new info in...apparently even the standby people go on a list. the letterman people check that list against the winner list, and if you already were on the confirmed winner list (*like me for wed) they will not let u go to two shows.

of course this is was we thought to be the case, but looks like it is really true. also, i know 2 people who had won tix for one night and were another winners guest for a 2nd taping and those people got calls and were told to choose one night only. guess there is def no chance to go to multiple tapings. :shrug: makes me even mor glad i didn't trek into the city thru the snow today!

Yes, that is true your name is on a list and you have to show ID to stay on the que. Unfortunately, your name goes for only one taping, so even though we didn't get in the first show we could not get on the que for the second taping unless we had a new standby number. They are very organized and timed like a clock!

Have a great time Wed!

I met all 4 of them after the show. Bono signed my vinyl this time too

anyone who went to the show.... what happens to the coats and bags? do they have a check?

What a great show. My husband and I saw the 2nd taping (which they confirmed will air on Friday). The 1st taping (as you probably all know by now) was Breathe. We got GOYB.

I was stunned at how small the theater and stage are compared to what you see on TV. We had fantastic seats - center section of the floor, 5th row, directly in front of the band.

And despite the 15ºF weather (who knows what it really was with the wind chill), we stayed for an hour afterward. Edge and Bono both came out and shook hands, signed, etc. I wish we could have waited for Adam and Larry but I felt as though my fingertips were going to fall off they were so cold.

lauramullen, nice to meet you and glad to know you got your album signed! :applaud:

Thought sounded fine. Glad they didn't play "Boots" first which would have been overkill

On side note, noticed they are temporarily naming NYC street after U2 this week. Might be something they show up to if there is a ceremony today for the folks in NYC?

mm4vf5.jpg

The Associated Press: NYC's West 53rd Street briefly to become 'U2 Way'

=======================

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYsTEH61fE8&eurl=[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom