NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and i feel bad for those who won tickets and can't make it 'cause of the snow, but i also think it's complete B.S. that letterman's people didn't call any new yorkers.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have been pissed if I were in your shoes, too, but it just seemed like a few people (not you) were like, "oh haha, look at the idiots who don't live in NY who got tickets, we get to go now cause they can't make it".

Maybe I'm just jealous I'm not in NYC this week. :tongue:

Don't get me wrong, I'd have been pissed if I were in your shoes, too, but it just seemed like a few people (not you) were like, "oh haha, look at the idiots who don't live in NY who got tickets, we get to go now cause they can't make it".

Maybe I'm just jealous I'm not in NYC this week. :tongue:

Again, not the case..

JUST GOT TICKETS - my girlfriend and I got there at 9am this morning and waited in line for stand by tickets, I got back to my apartment by 10:30 and a guy called, no trivia, just waiting in line. Couldn't be more excited!!!! 4:30 show...i recommend anyone in the area get there no later than 8:45 for the lottery tomorrow if you can.

JUST GOT TICKETS - my girlfriend and I got there at 9am this morning and waited in line for stand by tickets, I got back to my apartment by 10:30 and a guy called, no trivia, just waiting in line. Couldn't be more excited!!!! 4:30 show...i recommend anyone in the area get there no later than 8:45 for the lottery tomorrow if you can.

No one was waiting? They had you leave then called???

so you go down in person , put your name in, just for the chance they call you for tickets right? Are they tickets or standby tickets?

Congrats and have a blast.
Maybe some of the others (Laramullen) will get lucky too. Wish I were there soooo bad. Fill us in after!

and i feel bad for those who won tickets and can't make it 'cause of the snow, but i also think it's complete B.S. that letterman's people didn't call any new yorkers.

:up:

agreed! i haven't gotten a call and can't do stand-by, so i won't be going. but i do hope that some NYC-based people get in!

Is that just standy by or are you in, in. Or do you have to wait until 430 to find out if you got in the show.

you're on line, can you fill us in?

I'm going to kill myself... I dialed for 48 minutes...

And my friend whose wedding I was in, won tickets a week ago for today's show, but took his wife -- who doesn't even like U2...

I'm going insane and he's off my friend list for good.

Yeah!

Enjoy! What was the procedure??

You go down at around 8:30/8:45 - they have a lottery system in place. The doors will open around 9:30 BUT DO NOT line up before 9am, just loiter, as they claim you won't be eligible if you do so - you go in, fill out a form, and then get interview quickly. They ask you "what is your favorite part of letterman" we both said Top 10 and then I stammered about Joaquin Phoenix and was awkward but kept a smile on my face the whole time. We left no later than 9:45/9:50 (we were about 20th in line when we got there at 10 after 9) and they called at 10:30 by the time I got back to my apartment.

Good luck to all who try. Again, no trivia, kid just called and said I won tickets and to be at such and such at such and such time. Going to try to incorporate a try and meeting them as well, but not likely. Going up there again in about an hour and will post if my blackberry will allow but have yet to try interference from it.

You go down at around 8:30/8:45 - they have a lottery system in place. The doors will open around 9:30 BUT DO NOT line up before 9am, just loiter, as they claim you won't be eligible if you do so - you go in, fill out a form, and then get interview quickly. They ask you "what is your favorite part of letterman" we both said Top 10 and then I stammered about Joaquin Phoenix and was awkward but kept a smile on my face the whole time. We left no later than 9:45/9:50 (we were about 20th in line when we got there at 10 after 9) and they called at 10:30 by the time I got back to my apartment.

Good luck to all who try. Again, no trivia, kid just called and said I won tickets and to be at such and such at such and such time. Going to try to incorporate a try and meeting them as well, but not likely. Going up there again in about an hour and will post if my blackberry will allow but have yet to try interference from it.

Thanks any information you have would be great for me tomorrow.

they used to do standby by you showing up early in the morning and getting a different color ticket than everyone else and then having to stand in a line based on your order later in the day, and if they had room they'd let you in. not sure if that's how they still do it.

Yea I dont know that you're guaranteed enterance thats what the phoneline said??

Oh well, looks like no luck for U2 being the sole guest today. According to the show's website, tonight's guest is Katie Couric (for those attending the early taping today).

Laura with the snow tomorrow you might be able to get in for stand by tickets. If alot of people were coming from out of town, they might not show up due to the weather. I think this is a good shot for you!

Good Luck and be careful.

That's true - my friend's flight was cancelled but they've put him on a later flight.

Which reminds me, Headache you've got mail :wink:

I'll be at the later taping.. got tickets thru work... thank god... we need to be there at 5:45 PM - will report back later

t -

Back
Top Bottom