NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes def snow than rain (OR SLEET) :mad:

:ohmy::ohmy::hyper::hyper::ohmy::ohmy:

Mat pinfield is hosting ANOTHER 9unless it's fordham) another secret U2 gig --- dertails Mon (6AM ??!?!!?)morn on
WRXP 101.9 !!!

He's interviewed them twice before in their career. It was (is) on you tube.
I'll be glued to the radio.
THANKS for the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applaud::drool:

I can't go to GMA anymore, my Teacher just called me...she reschedualed my AP Envirormental Science classe's meeting with the Town Board and the Elementary Schools for Friday morning instead of Friday afternoon...

I would have justed tried to get out of it, but seeing as I'm the one of the three main students in charge of the Heifer International program in my school, and have been working really on it since September...I can't get out of it...:(:(:(

Way to f**k up my plans Mrs. Turk...I WOULD HAVE BEEN BACK AT SCHOOL IN TIME IT SHE JUST KEEP THE MEETING IN THE AFTERNOON! ARGHHHHH!

Now I'm gunna go cry :sad:

Have fun guys who are going! :):):) I'm just gunna have to watch it at home

Sorry you can't make it, but Heifer Int'l -----:up:

It doesn't look like any of us are going to get in, so you won't be missing anything

It doesn't llok like any of us are going to get in, so you won't be missing anything

I think it's sad that U2 comes to NYC the greatest city in the world to play on Letterman and won't really be playing to New Yorkers or anyone else from the surrounding areas.:sad:

Maybe the actual tour. With all these secret gigs and eveything, I don't know what to believe

They made it seem bigger than tour dates..I'm hoping it's a private gig because I plan on crashing that fiasco :happy:

The weather is not looking good for Monday. There are saying close to a foot of snow

I'm thinking about getting a hotel because of the weather I may not be able to get there Monday. Anybody have suggestions?

It looks like White As Snow and Winter will be played on Monday then.

:lol:

Well, I'm glad I'm only there Tuesday then!
J/K, I actually like White as Snow a lot but live? Give me Magnificent or Breathe please!

Btw, for the rest of you that didn't make it, aren't there waiting lists? Maybe if show up early and add your name to that?

:lol:

Well, I'm glad I'm only there Tuesday then!
J/K, I actually like White as Snow a lot but live? Give me Magnificent or Breathe please!

Btw, for the rest of you that didn't make it, aren't there waiting lists? Maybe if show up early and add your name to that?

I can see if you are from NYC or nearby to try for standby, but I'd guess there will be so few openings that it wouldn't be worthwhile to travel. But I've been known to line up 24 hours before a show, so who am I to judge :reject:

It is on U2.com that the tour will be announced March 9th.

Tour Announcement Coming Up

28 February 2009
On March 9th, the band will announce details of where and when they'll be hitting the road this year - but dates and venues are yet to be finalised and fans are advised to steer clear of groups claiming to have tickets available now.

Details of countries, cities, venues and dates will be revealed on U2.Com in nine days time and no-one has any tickets yet.

'The tour will be officially announced on March 9th and the schedule is subject to change of date and location till then,' said Paul McGuinness, manager of the band. 'It would be crazy to buy tickets before the announcement on U2.com.'

Arthur Fogel, CEO Global Touring and Chairman Global Music at Live Nation, underlined the advice to fans to steer clear of channels claiming to be selling tickets for the tour.

'The tour has not been announced and no tickets should be purchased at this time. ' he said. 'Fans should beware of unofficial and unscrupulous sellers.'

Bottom line ? Don't take a risk on any tickets until you've seen the real dates announced here, on March 9th

Okay...I have so...:|

One of my friends used to have season tickets to Giants Stadium, I'd text her to c where she was at, sometimes she'd text "Meto Lands" or "Medo Lands", when my Dad used to do security there they used the abbreviation "MedoL"...

Why did this bring so much LULZ I really don't understand :huh:

because nobody but you has ever heard of the meadowlands being refered to as "meto"

that's why. so perhaps in your little world that abbreviation is commonplace, or perhaps your friend and dad can't spell.

again... i'm 28, i've lived in this area all my life, been to numerous sporting events and concerts at giants stadium and izod/continental/brendan byrne arena... and i have never EVER heard it or seen it refered to as "meto" or "medo."

but hey, whatever works for you.

Maybe they'll call the "NYC based" folks like myself who didn't get a call for Monday's show if they fear people won't make it for Mondays show because of the weather. Just a hopeful thought :)

Back
Top Bottom