NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it won't be anything like that because it is just a promo. i know that's not what you were getting at saying it might be somewhere else in the city.

and yeah, didn't realize she was talking bout meadowlands! i think OrARoundabout is young and hasn't really done this before....so i think she doesn't know all the ins and outs of how these things work....hence the speculation on her part of such a large scale venue. but hey, at least she asks. i started doing this at her age and used to ask on wire! :up:

Tons of ppl I know abbrivate "Meadow" lands as "Meto"...sry! :s I don't think it's gunna be there...I was just guessing different places after somebody mentioned that it may not be in NYC after all...

I've camped out for 2 bands on Morning T.V shows before (But that was durning the Summer), this isn't all that new to me!

I'm not sure I understand what you wrote, "Speculation on her part of such a large venue"...did I speculate it was gunna be a big venue? I have no idea what kind of venue it's gunna be...but Meadow Lands? This thing is just a promo...I just want it to be in the city, it would be a hell of alot easier...

I entered too. Why not if I can't get them throught the show, I'll try this way

Ah :hug:, I hope you get some!

So anything going on the night it's released? I'll be alone for a couple days so wouldn't mind going to Times Square at midnight on Monday to buy it - which is exactly what I did for HTDAAB!

i wanna do a midnight release as well. lemme know if anyone finds out any info. i was thinking virgin in times square?

Tons of ppl I know abbrivate "Meadow" lands as "Meto"...sry! :s I don't think it's gunna be there...I was just guessing different places after somebody mentioned that it may not be in NYC after all...

I've camped out for 2 bands on Morning T.V shows before (But that was durning the Summer), this isn't all that new to me!

I'm not sure I understand what you wrote, "Speculation on her part of such a large venue"...did I speculate it was gunna be a big venue? I have no idea what kind of venue it's gunna be...but Meadow Lands? This thing is just a promo...I just want it to be in the city, it would be a hell of alot easier...

oh, hon...i didn't mean anything bad at all. :hug: so sorry! :reject: i was just saying that meadowlands is not likely for a promo thing, and wasn't sure you knew that, cuz you brought up meadowlands as a possibility first..... but i knew you were just asking cuz the one girl said it'd be outside the city. that's all. nuttin but love!!!:grouphug:

ps i think it's great you've done it b4, (and was it for gma , btw?)
i just wasn't sure you knew a promo would be small scale. trying to help. :yikes:

It is annoying they are calling all out of towners..:angry:

i have a bunch of friends in ny who've signed up and so far, only one got tix. but he got two nights!!! he signed up a co-worker who won and he's the guest....then his lady won as well! other than him, everyone i know goin is from semi-out-of-town. maybe dave's people like to really spread out the love.

and here's a new thought....what if they call the out-of-towners first to make sure they are ACTUALLY coming to the city/can make travel plans....and wait to call the new yorkers, knowing it's gonna take them less to get there?:hmm:

maybe all of you who live in the city are gonna get calls monday?!? :hmm:

I'm an out of towner who didn't get a call. But me thinks it's likely because of the fact in the guest section of the ticket request, I put "Tobe Decided" :lol:

I didn't know who to put either. I just put one of my friends names there and when/if they called was going to find someone from here who didn't get a call to be my guest.

I'm not mad at anyone who got calls, I'm mad at the show for not calling me

What night did they give you?

Tuesday night and call me optimistic but my thinking is that they'll do GOYB on Monday night as it's the first single and since Magnificent is the rumoured second single, they'll perform that one on Tuesday! :drool: :hyper:

As for out-of-towners, I'm staying 3 days so I'll def be spending my twoonies and loonies to help out the U.S. economy! :wink:

Tuesday night and call me optimistic but my thinking is that they'll do GOYB on Monday night as it's the first single and since Magnificent is the rumoured second single, they'll perform that one on Tuesday! :drool: :hyper:

As for out-of-towners, I'm staying 3 days so I'll def be spending my twoonies and loonies to help out the U.S. economy! :wink:

i thought i read in another thread that bono said crazy tonight is the 2nd single and magnificent is the 3rd?:scratch:

What have been the most recent questions (and answers) asked?

I am trying to keep up.. I've studied and studied in case they should call, and will die if they did and I didn't know the answer. I swear, I'm like a kid when it comes to tests.

What have been the most recent questions (and answers) asked?

I am trying to keep up.. I've studied and studied in case they should call, and will die if they did and I didn't know the answer. I swear, I'm like a kid when it comes to tests.

They are asking the same questions over and over again, so we will be ready

For those booking a hotel in the city, I just booked a 3 star hotel through Hotwire.com - managed to get the Paramount, right in Times Square for $76 plus tax ! Pretty good for NYC!

I have to get into this concert if I can't get into Letterman

i also feel this way b/c i have only one possible chance to go to A show for the whole tour and if it's only going to be Stadiums :madspit: :madspit: and they ONLY pick (or are only allowed to be at) Giants Stadium -well i guess i would stand outside {like i did for Bruce?E st at Shea} because I have to hear this stuff live/in person (i'd take a bus-- they always run buses to Gaints Stadium for MAJOR concerts ).

If they were allowed asked to play in either the New Yankee or Mets Stadium ( they pplayed Zoo-TV at Yankee stadimm - we couldn't get tix, but we got for Giants stadium (yay).
But if it's at either of these i can the subway to either and be able to wait outsidre afterwards -- it'd be too late (buses leave) for GS. :masdspit:

SO if i can get into letterman or the GMA AT least i willhave seen they playy live -some of the new stuff and then if I get screwed up for the actual tour--- at least i'll have this.

I'm still catching up on this thread (on pg ? 19)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom