NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think if I don't get a call by the weekend I am going to go on the site and complain about why people across the country get calls, but not people who live in Jersey and New York. That makes me so mad

btw, it's probably like leno here in la, and they try to have a diverse audience from all over. with leno you can mail in and get tix months in advance, then stand in line the day of (if u get there early it ALWAYS works) or get tix at universal studios hollywood theme park. i imagine with dave they try to get people from all over the country, and i'm sure there are people from your area going, they just might not be u2 fans. :shrug: but they have to be dave fans to get questions right!

Congrats to everyone who got tix . . . hope you have an awesomely fabulous time - can't wait to read all about your experiences :yes:

still trying to figure out if free-to-air here in sydney will be showing the lads appearances here or not . . . they usually show 4 letterman shows a week (at midnight mind :crazy: ) . . .getting my daggy ole vcr ready just in case :hyper:

:yes: good luck, everyone.

i would love to know when it comes on our tv too.

I want to go soooo bad.
What's the drive time Boston to NYC?
Can I make it ot the GMA show and back to Boston to et the kids off the bus at 3pm?:hmm::hmm:

just got tics to wednesday's taping. if you get karen, she asks you how often you watch letterman (i said 3x a week), and who biff henderson is (the stage manager who is featured in lots of skits). good luck!

My brother just snagged us tickets to Wednesday's show! The trivia question was about Letterman's segment on "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches."

Can't wait!

PS - As an aside, I don't think the band should play GOYB the first night. I expect that the first night will have the most buzz, so U2 should play something new (ideally Magnificent if that'll be the next single). With the album going on sale the next day, it'd be good to show off something else.

(I'm sure they play GOYB at some point during the week, though. What else? Breathe, No Line on the Horizon, and....Crazy Tonight, maybe?)

I called and asked the woman today about seating. it is NOT first come first serve. they will assign you to a seat as you come in the theatre.

also, i changed my guest. i had to basically plead the woman to let me change the guest. they said they are being very strict about it and that i was extremely lucky her supervisor allowed me to change the guest. so i wouldn't really count on that either people.

It's just frustrating for me. It just seems like I don't get any luck. For example on the last tour I had GA for a bunch of shows and didn't get into the ellipse once and the same people who were at every show I went to got in every time. Other than the book signing I am getting frustrated with a lot of things

It's just frustrating for me. It just seems like I don't get any luck. For example on the last tour I had GA for a bunch of shows and didn't get into the ellipse once and the same people who were at every show I went to got in every time. Other than the book signing I am getting frustrated with a lot of things

Laura, you must be positive, even if we don't get in we'll see the boys.

From the Letterman website:

3.) You may be contacted at any time, from within a day of submitting your request to the day before the show, depending on when and if openings occur.

My brother just snagged us tickets to Wednesday's show! The trivia question was about Letterman's segment on "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches."

Can't wait!

PS - As an aside, I don't think the band should play GOYB the first night. I expect that the first night will have the most buzz, so U2 should play something new (ideally Magnificent if that'll be the next single). With the album going on sale the next day, it'd be good to show off something else.

(I'm sure they play GOYB at some point during the week, though. What else? Breathe, No Line on the Horizon, and....Crazy Tonight, maybe?)

answer: to the trivia question....is it George W. Bush?

Decided to move this to EYKIW (general U2 discussion) since it doesnt specifically have to do with the new album/songs. The Letterman threads should also go here (when the shows start).

Can't wait!

to everyone that got thurs tix i'm soooo jealous...jon stewart is the guest!!!:drool::love: i'm going wed and get DR PHIL!!!!!!!!! :doh::down:

and my prediction is (not in any kind of order) GOYB, NLOTH, Magnificent, Crazy Tonight, and Breathe!:applaud:

i've asked Sicy to merge threads, but there is a concern that it will make a very messy thread because it's posted by date. She suggested locking one...:shrug: I wanted to know everyone's opinion, cuz we are all the same people, discussing the same things in two seperate threads. Not a big deal, just seems like a waste? :hmm:

Laura, you must be positive, even if we don't get in we'll see the boys.

i understand the frustration Laura, but JC is right, keep your chin up, this is gonna be a good week for you regardless of Letterman. I have had extremely good luck over the years, but I have also been really tired and frustrated and in the wrong place and the right time many times out here in LA. I can't count how many times I tried to talk to them when they were in town, I have sat outside hotlels and venues for amounts of time that are NOT healthy, and to be honest no payoff until this year's Grammy's. I honestly went an entire tour without seeing Bono anywhere but onstage. And I had AWFUL luck with the lottery....HATED IT!:down: :no: But I think with this album/tour things are gonna turn around. I know it's easy for me to say, I won tix to Letterman, but I promise.....get you boots on and your booty out there....and something amazing will happen to you chica! We'll all see to that!:hug:

Can't wait!

Can you please clarify the question and answer please? That is a weird one.Thanks!!:huh:

Any news regarding GMA tickets? :|

I need to know soon so I can plan this shit out!

Back
Top Bottom