NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They probably aren't going to announce the location until next week

if they are trying to keep it a hidden "secret location" like the brooklyn bridge show they may not announce until the night before/day of. :yuck:

i had traveled to NYC already that weekend, and was not able to get online, so i am not certain when the final location was leaked. however, i heard that people were figuring on something happening (the way we all are now) and checking online for info, and that it wasn't certain (everyone heard washington square was THE place) until a group of us got to Bono at SNL two nights before and he told us to look under the brooklyn bridge on monday! my point is, if they are not going to do the usual GMA bryant park local and wanna keep it "secret"....we may not know the exact location until people ask the lads outside the first day of Letterman. :hmm: :hyper: :banghead:

I just got a call a few minutes for tickets to the Wednesday show. Never thought I would actually get tickets -- looks like I have to get Amtrak tickets to New York for the day now!! :)

I just got a call a few minutes for tickets to the Wednesday show. Never thought I would actually get tickets -- looks like I have to get Amtrak tickets to New York for the day now!! :)

Lucky! Did you get a question yet and if so what was it? Thanks!

Yes, she asked me what is an object that Dave sometimes will throw at the camera. I answered a blue index card and got it right.

Now the person who was suppose to go with me can't get off work and their name is already registered so I may be going solo...oh well...still get to go :)

Congrats to everyone who got tix . . . hope you have an awesomely fabulous time - can't wait to read all about your experiences :yes:

still trying to figure out if free-to-air here in sydney will be showing the lads appearances here or not . . . they usually show 4 letterman shows a week (at midnight mind :crazy: ) . . .getting my daggy ole vcr ready just in case :hyper:

Yes, she asked me what is an object that Dave sometimes will throw at the camera. I answered a blue index card and got it right.

Now the person who was suppose to go with me can't get off work and their name is already registered so I may be going solo...oh well...still get to go :)

Congratulations!!

You should call back and ask if it's ok to have a different guest join you. I would think they'd be ok with it as long as they have the correct name and address on file. The show doesn't want empty seats!

btw, i think they are on to us U2 fans! here's why....first he asked me what date i wanted, and i said any between the 2nd and 6th. when i had signed up on letterman's site it asked you for 3 possible dates you would want to attend. i signed up for the first 3, and matt signed up for the last 3. then he asked when my flight was and why i was coming into town, i wanted to say to SEE U2!!! but i quickly thought better and said that matt is from ny and we are visiting family, but that i've always wanted to see dave...plus U2 is gonna be on so i thought it would be so cool! :sexywink:

and he TOTALLY could tell i wanted to see U2, because when i answered the question right he said...oh good, you ARE a letterman fan!!!! :laugh:

anyway, i think they are onto us at letterman...so if you get a call...don't squeal UUUUUUUU2222222222222 into the phone! :shh:

I shoulda moved to NY like, yesterday. :cries:

:hug: :wave:

I've been watching Letterman off & on for years in batches so I might know only a few of the trivia questions. But I'm not easy to reach by phone. E-mail would be better. :sigh:

Oh yeah.... I remmeber the scramble on line for finding out where they were going to play on NYC in '04, and where The Truck was !

I was VERY lucky because I didn't fit the demographic for the tix giveaway so I didn't even try, but after trying to chase down The Truck for 3 hours :lmao::grumpy: and being 5 Avenues westward away from them in The Village when they were going to go south on Hudson St before they turned East on Canal Street to go over the Manhattan Bridge --

>>>> how did I know this >>>

....because while I was still scanning, and listening for the the sound of approaching fans following the truck I suddenly heard, then saw 3 or 4 helicopters in THAT direction being not too high up, nor too fast-- moving in coordination southward :ohmy: ; and it was too early in the day for Traffic Helicopters in that area (The Holland Tunnel) !! :lol::angry:

>>>that's when I headed for Brooklyn, and got on the (non-tix over-35, and those unable, or unwilling to get there earlier crowd) GA line!
After one "there's no room left " GA line bout :scream: people scattered, but we DID see :hyper::love: them heading over the Bridge. And then people got back on line- just in case.

Inch by excruciating inch I got closer & close to the gate, and finally got in, about 30 mins before they got on stage.

So ***GOOD LUCK*** to all of us for Fri/or Letterman.

hi laura :wave:

I have some but not all that much hope for the tix.

Hi Dazz:wave:. There are still a few days, but there is a tiny part of me who thinks I will get a call. I'm definitly going to be there Monday. Someone posted on Zootopia that she got into the Monday taping and has to be there by 2, so I am going to get there maybe 12:30

I'd have bothered if I lived in NYC....but it'd still have been a big hassle just to see them play a measly song. Seen David before and I've had good luck with the will call process, but it's just not a big thing for me. If a full concert ends up occurring for free in NYC (a la 04's Brooklyn gig), then I'll bus myself over.

I'm starting to lose hope over the Letterman tickets too.

I better get good seats when U2 go on tour.

I put my name in and asked my friend to do the same for me... of course he wins, but is going to take his wife instead. he lives in Boston, and both of them barely like U2... he knows I'm a die hard and live in NYC... and he only entered because I asked him too....

He is on my "to kill" list.

^That sucks

AHHH, way to go ppl who are gettin tickets!

(My heart is breakin:sad:, losing hope)

My friend got them lives in Boston. I live in NYC. I wonder if they only want out of towners or prefer that...

Back
Top Bottom