NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to NYC today for work and will not get there until 3:30 but for those of you who are already there, this item was posted on U2.com:

In New York today ? Catch the band with Mayor Bloomberg for the naming of 'U2 Way'.

The temporary renaming of part of West 53rd Street as 'U2 Way' takes place at 1.30pm at West 53rd Street and Broadway, Southwest corner.

The Mayor and members of the band will be on hand to mark the event.

I am going to NYC today for work and will not get there until 3:30 but for those of you who are already there, this item was posted on U2.com:

Woohoo, thanks so much! I missed Bono by a minute TWICE yesterday so this will be my chance to see him!! And the others of course, but I met the rhythm section last night...

Will post pics once I'm back in Canada.

I got through atleast 15x for standby at about 11am and kept getting the recording they weren't open yet..then of course...busy,busy,busy :angry:

2uj4dba.jpg

255tdl2.jpg

ncsg5.jpg

28vd4c4.jpg

spdxcw.jpg

^My Dad used to wear that assault garb, it used to scare me as a kid!

At least Edge is protected, ain't no gettin passed that!

I think that traffic is light in this thread because the tour hasn't started yet.

Great pics by chazman tho.

<>

thanks pbd. I've got a question: is it not possible to meet the band before a show for which you are attending? I heard they make you wait in line in front and if you leave you lose your place. true?

Just got home a little while ago. I'll post some of my pics tomorrow. Didn't many because my camera was freezing up.

We got really close to the boys, got a wave from Adam, Bono and Edge who I almost walked into to when he was walking down the street. Nada from Larry.

Now that I look back on the day it was incredible seeing all 4 of them walk down a NYC street together. (Kinda reminded me of the Monkees!) They all looked awesome and Adam was filming today like Bono was on Monday.

We stayed outside my and my fellow interfacers from 530-630 hoping they would come out again. Someone came out and said they were eating and rehearsing songs for the next 2 nights and they wouldn't be coming out until 10 pm. I swear if we would have stayed we would have froze to death. So we all decided to call it quits. There was only about 10 of us so the guy sounded legit almost like he was doing us a favor.

I just :heart: them!

My friend and I are planning to go to the Ed Sullivan theater tomorrow and hang out until we meet the band! I've never met any of U2 before, so I hope this would be my lucky chance.

I stayed last night till about 8 and nothing.

I was right in the front for the Street sign unveiling.
I'm uploading now

My friend and I are planning to go to the Ed Sullivan theater tomorrow and hang out until we meet the band! I've never met any of U2 before, so I hope this would be my lucky chance.

I'll be there

A few of my pics from yesterday. I posted them all in Pleba under 5 nights on Letterman.

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

Back
Top Bottom