NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
because nobody but you has ever heard of the meadowlands being refered to as "meto"

that's why. so perhaps in your little world that abbreviation is commonplace, or perhaps your friend and dad can't spell.

again... i'm 28, i've lived in this area all my life, been to numerous sporting events and concerts at giants stadium and izod/continental/brendan byrne arena... and i have never EVER heard it or seen it refered to as "meto" or "medo."

but hey, whatever works for you.

:huh:

Okay

Way to get so worked up over a four letter abbreviation, BTW: MedoL is an abbreviation cops use

U2 fan from buffalo coming to NYC on thurs.

Hi everyone, I am new to posting on this site...I would love to meet other U2 fans at david letterman on thursday. what time r we meeting and where exactly? I'm not that familiar with nyc. taking train to penn station. thank you for any info.

Bet they are interested in getting younger audience in mass.

From today's NYTimes:

With the album’s release intuition gives way to calculation. “No Line on the Horizon” sets up a worldwide stadium tour that begins in July. U2 intends to perform in the round, offering affordable seats to fans behind the stage and up front, hoping to attract a new, younger audience

From today's NYTimes:

With the album’s release intuition gives way to calculation. “No Line on the Horizon” sets up a worldwide stadium tour that begins in July. U2 intends to perform in the round, offering affordable seats to fans behind the stage and up front, hoping to attract a new, younger audience

:D

But attracting younger fans? No...that ain't gunna work

The snow doesn't scare me. I have tickets for the 7pm taping tomorrow. As long as MetroNorth in CT is running and on time, the subways will get us where we need to be!

good!!! :hug:

SAFE traveing!!!:hug::hug:

(i was in the London gig thread)

look foward to meeting you!

do you have a portable CD/FM raqdio or MP3/radio player 101.9 will be playing U2 all day from 6AM onwards Tues so you caN LISTEN AS YOU AROUND TUES :D

Well, I made it safe and sound this morning!
Bloody hell it's cold - colder than Canada and that's saying something!

I'm actually at the Apple store near Central Park as I write this - I forgot U2 would be doing 2 gigs tomorrow - the first showing is from 2-5:30pm, what time are people expected to show up for the second? Just trying to sort out my schedule...Thx!

hi LaDY!

ii'm near 34th street herald sq trying keep up with the news (don't have net @home :( ) and just buzzing!!!

you came in from Oh!Canada! ?

i think the people are going in before 7:30PM

it mighe be mentioned earlier on this thread

Hi everyone, I am new to posting on this site...I would love to meet other U2 fans at david letterman on thursday. what time r we meeting and where exactly? I'm not that familiar with nyc. taking train to penn station. thank you for any info.

A few of us are meeting outside in front at about 130 on Tuesday. :D

I'm definitely not going to be in town until thursday afternoon, are there any U2 cover bands playing thurs or fri nites? I also heard that there's a bar somewhere called Joshua Tree, anyone heard of it?
Thanks

I'm definitely not going to be in town until thursday afternoon, are there any U2 cover bands playing thurs or fri nites? I also heard that there's a bar somewhere called Joshua Tree, anyone heard of it?
Thanks

Yeah I no longer live in NYC but I'm from there....the band to see which in my biased opinion is the best of all U2 cover bands is a band called Unforgettable Fire their website is uf2.com

The Joshua Tree bar is on like 3rd avenue and I want to say 34th or 35th st

I don't think the bar other than having a u2 album name is anything special but you can check it out for yourself

Really? You haven't heard yet?

i don't have the time to be on this thing 24 hours a day anymore..

but i did see the fordham thing and called up my friend who works in the athletic department over there and he confirmed it for me, that it's gonna be in the quad friday morning... and that he'll do his best to get me in if it's only for students & faculty. so i got that going for me... which is nice.

i don't have the time to be on this thing 24 hours a day anymore..

but i did see the fordham thing and called up my friend who works in the athletic department over there and he confirmed it for me, that it's gonna be in the quad friday morning... and that he'll do his best to get me in if it's only for students & faculty. so i got that going for me... which is nice.

Reports for those of us (aka, me) who can't be there? :flirt:

I did a little walk through for tomorrow and saw 2 of their trucks parked on 53rd Street. They were like the ones the use for the tour. Upstaging is the company. I am so excited

Back
Top Bottom