NY/NJ folks: U2 Tribute Band this Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
They're called U2Nation. They'll be playing at The Whiskey Bar
125 Washington St. Hoboken.
http//:u2nation.com
www.whiskey-bar.com

Never seen these guys before...checked out their website....dunno how good it will be.

might go....

I only stayed for the 1st set.
They were ok, but not great.
The main things were that the singer sounds ok in the lower register but can't hit high notes at all.
And, they play the 2nd chord of "One" wrong: It's a D major chord, not D minor.

Also, the singer tries for Bono's look, the guitarist puts on the Edge cap, but then the bassist looks like the guy from Jet.

yeah, they're alot better.

I'll try to make it; I've seen them there once before when they did the Lovetown setlist.

I saw U2 Nation at the Whiskey Bar too and I thought they were amazing ! There must have been over 200 people there! I heard somewhere that these guys have only been together as a U2 tribute band for only 6 months. If they sound this good for only being together 6 months then I think they're on their way to being better than any other U2 tribute including UF. I saw UF and thought they were great but it's more of a visual thing that makes them stand out. I much rather see a band that's being genuine than seeing a bunch of actors on stage. Anyhow, I checked out U2 Nation's webpage u2nation .com and listened to ONE. Wow!! It's a live recording and it sounds just like a real U2 bootleg. I'll be seeing them again come Aug 27th at the Whiskey Bar!

Oh yeah just for the record. The guitar player is playing the correct chord in ONE...It's a D minor you dumb ass. Maybe you should take some guitar lessons. Also, I thought the singer sounded exactly like Bono live. If you ever listen to live U2 bootlegs you will also hear Bono not hitting some of the high notes as well. When you sing with passion it's very hard to predict the outcome. If you want perfect pitch then go see F ing Whitney Houston!

Oh well, that's it...just didn't want people thinking U2 nation was as mediocre as this idiot made them out to be. Compare U2 Nation to these idiots prideofnyc.com. Just download any of Prides songs and you'll see a big difference in talent. I dont understand how Pride can be so popular when they sound like complete crap.

Um...actually, it's D major.

Play along with the record, or with any live bootleg, and you'll notice it...

Last edited:
clint said:
I saw UF and thought they were great but it's more of a visual thing that makes them stand out. I much rather see a band that's being genuine than seeing a bunch of actors on stage.

fighting over who's a better tribute band is just silly, so i'm not even gonna get involved... only thing i'll say is that this inference that UF are "actors" as opposed to "genuine" is equally silly.

Actors? That's a new one...well, truth be told, ALL tribute bands are actors in a sense.

Certainly, this Clint fellow is entitled to his opinion of us...that I don't mind, of course.

But not "Geniune?" Hmmm...I'm not quite sure what that means.

UF does indeed play its instruments, if what he is suggesting is the opposite.

Last edited:
I agree with Headache, fighting over tribute bands is stupid. Be happy you have one near you so you can get your U2 fix. Also in reality a lot of the guys in the U2 tribute bands are friends with each other and they get mad when fans fight over who's the best. To them its about the music and not whose better.

I'm not saying UF are bad at all. There's just a difference in approach the 2 bands have. Who cares? I love U2 and seeing U2 Nation & UF play kicks ass!!

beezd26 said:
I agree with Headache, fighting over tribute bands is stupid. Be happy you have one near you so you can get your U2 fix. Also in reality a lot of the guys in the U2 tribute bands are friends with each other and they get mad when fans fight over who's the best. To them its about the music and not whose better.

Very true...We are friendly with a lot of the other U2 tributes, and from time to time we give each other friendly suggestions.

We're all in this together! :)

So, on that note, best of luck to U2 nation!

all I know, clint, is that you're the dumbass if you think it's d minor.

are you in the band or something?

btw: don't ever call me a dumbass again for merely pointing out a band's mistake; if a band is commited to playing 1 band's material as a tribute, one would think they would at least play it correctly, especially on such a powerful song as one.

p.s. I actually thought they weren't bad as a whole.

I also just noticed you also called me an idiot.
2 words pal:

happy birthday!

Last edited:
I'll agree with headache and beezd that fighting over a tribute band is silly and I won't go there.

FYI clint...the mods take a dim view of people who post the same thing in multiple forums. Its considered spam. Calling somone a dumbass and idiot doesn't go over very well either.

I'm sorry I didn't catch this thread sooner.

There hasn't been any activity in this thread for the past few days, but I don't want this to go without some words from a mod because name calling is not welcome here. It's childish, and there is no need for people to resort to it. Please be civil to each other. A thank ya.

Another reminder is that if anybody ever sees such behavior carrying on, and a mod has not stepped in yet, feel free to use the function for reporting a post.

u2 nation

Just saw on U2 nation's webpage that they are playing at the Whiskey bar again next Friday Aug 27th...may go check them out again.

Both uf & u2nation will have good shows regardless which one you choose

u2 nation

saw U2 nation again at whiskey bar hoboken this past friday and they were simply amazing! I asked them if they wanted to play at a private party i'm having in Oct...anyone else see them ???? place was wall to wall packed ..i had a great time

they got a webpage u2nation .com

Back
Top Bottom