November 20th in the NYC... U2 on SNL and The Unforgettable Fire in Red Hook.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
So who wants to hang around Rockefeller Center on the 20th waiting for the boys? Eh? Eh? I wanted to try for standby tickets, but I've gotta work at 8am saturday morning, and you have to be at Rock Center no later than 7am to get the standby tickets. :hmm: perhaps i can pull it off anyway :hmm:

Plus... later that night, The Unforgettable Fire will be playing at The Hook in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Yahtzee...

So who's in?

:scratch: it's a possibility, but seeing them will be tough. NBC is inside and you have to wait inside and there are 2 different entrances.

Is there a way to get tickets without standing in line? I remember last time they played SNL, I stood in line, and missed out on tickets by about 5 people. And is there a way to see the rehearsal rather than the actual live show at 11:30?

tackleberry said:
Is there a way to get tickets without standing in line? I remember last time they played SNL, I stood in line, and missed out on tickets by about 5 people. And is there a way to see the rehearsal rather than the actual live show at 11:30?

What time did you go??

Im still waitin on a client who's husband works for NBC...hopefully gettin into the dress rehearsal Thursday..tickets to the show are impossible to get.

Hmmm I dunno...I was told the dress rehearsals are Thursdays..gonna find out more Friday morning..

Bono's apt in Manhattan is only five blocks from me! I wonder if he will be drinking in the neighborhood that night?

Can't Make it on Saturday, but if the dress rehearsals are indeed on Thursday, I will be there 100%. I'll come up from DC for that. How do you get tickets for that?

let's put a kabosh on this now before anyone starts making plans... from the "Tickets" section on NBC's webpage...

Saturday Night Live
To enter the ticket lottery for the 2004-2005 season, send one email with all contact information to snltickets@nbc.com in the month of August only. After August '04, ticket requests will no longer be accepted. The lottery will only accept one entry per email request; duplicate entries will be deleted. Winners will receive two tickets to a pre-assigned show date and performance (dress rehearsal or live show). You will be notified only in the event that you are selected. All audience members must be at least 16 years of age. Please note that snltickets@nbc.com is a computer-generated service and should not be used for questions or concerns. Please address all issues by calling NBC Guest Relations at 212.664.3056.

For stand-by tickets, arrive no later than 7:00am on the morning of the taping under the "NBC Studios" marquee on the 50th St. side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. You may choose a stand-by ticket for either the 8:00pm dress rehearsal or the 11:30pm live show. Only one ticket will be issued per person. Please note that a stand-by ticket does not guarantee admission.

i'd go to red hook that saturday for UF, but my son is being christened the next morning. i'd like to be coherent. darn religion getting in the way:mad:

http://krockradio.com/krocknow/

U2's Club Vertigo
On November 23rd U2 will release their new CD How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb…On November 21st K-Rock gives you the chance to dismantle the record track by track—with U2. Tune in all next week for your chance to hang with U2 & get an in depth look at the making of the album.
The winning starts Monday after Howard.

grrrr....am heading out of town for a wedding...grrrr. this sucks. the one time I leave they are here.

btw, Headache, if you don't get a wristband by probably 10pm on Friday night, you're out of luck. don't waste your time. the studio is small and with a band like U2, I doubt there will be anybody who doesn't show up. If you do try, I would recommend the dress tickets and not the live show-- you have a better chance of getting them then. Also, check out some of the SNL sites -- saturday-night-live.com has a great message board and may have some good advice on getting in.

But I think your best bet is seeing them on the way out. You can stand inside by the elevators that go up to the studios. You'll see people hanging around, ususally to meet the cast members. Ask the security people there if that's the right place.

I'm working all day on Saturday :madspit:

Hanging around the studio before or after the show doesn't seem worth it, since I'll probably have a small chance of actually seeing the band

Some other time...

Last edited:
When's the best time to get to NBC to try and get stand by tickets?

I know they said to be there by 7 but when's everyone planning on getting there?

I just lost the Krock contest for the 8,000,000th time, btw!!

Must get to see them! ARRRRRRGH!!!

:banghead: :help: :crazy: :help: :combust:

Hitman said:
Bono's apt in Manhattan is only five blocks from me! I wonder if he will be drinking in the neighborhood that night?

where do u live in manhattan...?? i work on 50th and first........im not gonna stalk bono or anything but what street does he live on?? The edge drinks in my uncles bar when hes in manhattan..the Oldecastle Pub on 160 west 54th street.

Last edited:
dreamingoutloud1 said:
When's the best time to get to NBC to try and get stand by tickets?

I know they said to be there by 7 but when's everyone planning on getting there?

I just lost the Krock contest for the 8,000,000th time, btw!!

Must get to see them! ARRRRRRGH!!!

:banghead: :help: :crazy: :help: :combust:

Hey dreamingoutloud1 I know how you feel about all of the above... :banghead: I'm thinking I'm going to head down to Rock Center to just hang around, at this point I have no hope of getting into the show, standby tickets don't even guarantee you getting in... (I would've lined up since last night if I didn't have this pain in the neck - literally).

Anyway I've seen my chiro this morning and will dope up on some T3's and head down. A glimpse of the boys is all I ask! :cute: Then heading down to the UF show in Brooklyn hopefully.

But I will make damned sure I'm at Washington Square Park on Monday! :hyper:

mishkAA
OUT OF CONTROL

Sorry to hear about your neck, Michelleontheair.

What time are you think of heading to Rock center? I'd love to just glimpse the boys, myself. All of my friends have met them, and sadly I have not!(my friends are in the UK, so I can't get any help for today from them).

Is this Washington Square Park thing actually going to be a reality? Do you have any idea of what time it's happening?

Last edited:
I'm coming up for Monday's secret gig most likely, cant make it for the SNL performance, which sucks.

Thanks dreamingoutloud1 :hug:

Well, I believe the rehearsal is at 8pm so I was thinking of heading down around 6 or 7. I'll be coming up from Grand Central so I still need to figure out how to do that (new to the city, :der:). Yes I haven't met the boys ever, but I was lucky enough to catch Bono's attention for a split second (at least in my own mind, lol) when he was in Toronto for the Liberal Party Convention last year. I have a pic :) Were you going to hang around till after the live show or head down to catch UF's gig in Brooklyn?

U2log seems to have announced that it's for sure on Monday :shocked: I still can't believe all this is happening, lol. Check it out www.u2log.com -- they recommend to be there between 1 and 1:30pm. I've already decided I'm calling in sick to work that day and after my 9am session at the chiro I'm getting on a train and heading to the village.

:hyper:

I'm not a premium member so I can't IM on here but if anyone wants to hook up please email me at michelleontheair@hotmail.com

mishkAA
OUT OF CONTROL

Back
Top Bottom