November 20th in the NYC... U2 on SNL and The Unforgettable Fire in Red Hook.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have a car, so i'm going to have to take public transportation, too. I don't think that there's a subway station near by, in Red Hook, so i'll have to look into alternate ways of getting there. I live in Brooklyn, so it shouldn't be too hard, although Red Hook is kind of out of the way...

I kind of thought that UF was tomorrow! If it's tonight then maybe I will head over there tonight. Are you going to stay and try and see the band after they finish up at SNL, Michelleontheair?
I'm not sure what i'm doing yet...

Okay so here's the deal. I'm going to be at Rockefeller Center at 5pm. I'm still online until 3:30pm so email me (michelleontheair@hotmail.com) and I'll give you my cell and we can hook up. I'm meeting another cool fan there at that time. From there I'd like to head to the UF show later on... unless of course things look good for sticking it out till 1am to catch the boys after SNL wraps. But at this point I'm really into heading to Brooklyn later on.

Headache - I like your idea of cabbing it, makes good sense. Are you going to the Rock Center too?

Maybe if some of us want to do both events we can share the cab to UF :yes:

mishkAA
OUT OF CONTROL

dreamingoutloud1 said:

That's not the exact address...

and anyway...

the address was in the newspaper, that's where I got it!:eyebrow:

I know that's not the exact address but still :shame:

bono lives in the san remo building on central park west... it's not exactly a secret

san_remo_building.jpg

from u2log.com

As we reported earlier, a secret show in New York City on Monday appears to be no BS; however, there does appear to be some BS about where it will take place. Let’s sort out the BS, ok?

Our source informed us that crew have been instructed to congregate at Washington Square Park at 1 pm for a secret show. We still believe that a show will be occurring at this location; however, we concede that it is possible this park could be a meeting spot only for the crew — a measure to keep the true location of the show secret. As Washington Square Park is located downtown, near the borough of Brooklyn, it is the perfect meeting spot if you were heading to a special event near the Brooklyn Bridge.

Some fans with whom U2log.com staff have a personal connection (and therefore trust) met Bono after the Saturday Night Live performance last night. They said that he whispered the secret show will be at the Brooklyn Bridge. Empire Fulton Ferry State Park is located between Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges and has been used by other artists for promotional events filmed by MTV. This park could be the true location of the secret show OR a location of a second show, which is what we suspect. There could be a caravan of performances on Monday. We’ve heard a rumor that a flatbed truck will be involved.

If you want to believe the theory that there will be a second show (or the only show!) in Brooklyn, go to to 1iota.com and register for free tickets to a special event with “one of the biggest rock bands in the world.” But watch out: it might be Bon Jovi you’ll be seeing.

In short, we stand by our earlier recommendation that fans be at Washington Square Park at 1 pm. If this is only a meeting spot, the crew can lead fans to the final destination.

Think Im takin the kid with me tomorrow..got 2 tickets from 1iota.com...whatever that is...

Same meeting spot?

Back
Top Bottom