Northern California Gathering Pics - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2004, 12:01 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:50 PM
well you might have had spirit ladies, but at least no one asked you about pedicures and manicures

Old 03-16-2004, 12:39 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

i think martha was right about the guiness girl!

Old 03-16-2004, 01:02 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvLarryMullen
well you might have had spirit ladies, but at least no one asked you about pedicures and manicures

and bubble baths
Old 03-16-2004, 12:37 PM   #49
Acrobat

Calling all BAW's!!! Callling all BAW's!!!

Hey Mr. and Mrs. BAW! I've never talked to you before, but after reading the California meet up threads and seeing all the pictures I feel like I kinda know you already. Since you appear to be in the O.C. / L.A. area and have seen a couple other U2 tribute's including the local O.C. tribute Propaganda (we've seen them too), I was wondering if you (and any other local Interferencers reading this) would be interested in coming to my U2 tribute band's premier performance on Thursday March 25th in the City of Orange. We're called "The Joshua Tree" and are just starting to play out as a U2 tribute band. All of us are seasoned veterans of the L.A. music scene and have been playing for years, so don't worry, even though it's our first show as a U2 tribute we aren't a bunch of amateurs. We have been playing U2's music for years and I personally have been imitating Bono for the past 15 years. My band and I finally decided midway last year to do the full tribute instead of just covering some U2 songs during our gigs. We've been rehearsing the show for the past 6 months and we dress up in the Elevation tour wardrobe that we have painstakingly (and tastefully) re-created ourselves and are striving for 100% authenticity and accuracy. We're basically going for re-creating the Boston and Slane Castle shows. It would be great for some fellow Interferencers to come and give us some honest and constructive feedback.

Anyway, this gig is for a college age church group and is basically just to get our feet wet doing this in front of some people and to get some notes from our friends who are big U2 fans. The set will only be 45 min's. and will start at 7:30 p.m. If you, or anyone reading this thread is interested, please e-mail me at bonobjones@aol.com and I'll give you all the details.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you!

Jason.

P.S.- I didn't intend to hi-jack this thread. I just thought it would be a good place to catch the attention of the BAW's and any other So. Cal Interferencers. I apologize if anyone took it as such.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
I thought your boyfriend was great despite the fact that he's an admitted Giants' fan. Someday, he'll learn!!
What are you talking about here Mr. Char? You've been caught RED-HANDED, proudly displaying a Giants Pint Glass in your hand! and

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
AWH & Mr. BAW
Speaking of hands....seems as if one is missing here!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Mr. BAW & the Guiness girl
Between my moped of love on your wandering hands....I think we would make good drinking buddies. Watch out ladies!
Old 03-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono B. Jones
Calling all BAW's!!! Callling all BAW's!!!

Hey Mr. and Mrs. BAW! I've never talked to you before, but after reading the California meet up threads and seeing all the pictures I feel like I kinda know you already. Since you appear to be in the O.C. / L.A. area and have seen a couple other U2 tribute's including the local O.C. tribute Propaganda (we've seen them too), I was wondering if you (and any other local Interferencers reading this) would be interested in coming to my U2 tribute band's premier performance on Thursday March 25th in the City of Orange. We're called "The Joshua Tree" and are just starting to play out as a U2 tribute band. All of us are seasoned veterans of the L.A. music scene and have been playing for years, so don't worry, even though it's our first show as a U2 tribute we aren't a bunch of amateurs. We have been playing U2's music for years and I personally have been imitating Bono for the past 15 years. My band and I finally decided midway last year to do the full tribute instead of just covering some U2 songs during our gigs. We've been rehearsing the show for the past 6 months and we dress up in the Elevation tour wardrobe that we have painstakingly (and tastefully) re-created ourselves and are striving for 100% authenticity and accuracy. We're basically going for re-creating the Boston and Slane Castle shows. It would be great for some fellow Interferencers to come and give us some honest and constructive feedback.

Anyway, this gig is for a college age church group and is basically just to get our feet wet doing this in front of some people and to get some notes from our friends who are big U2 fans. The set will only be 45 min's. and will start at 7:30 p.m. If you, or anyone reading this thread is interested, please e-mail me at bonobjones@aol.com and I'll give you all the details.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you!

Jason.

P.S.- I didn't intend to hi-jack this thread. I just thought it would be a good place to catch the attention of the BAW's and any other So. Cal Interferencers. I apologize if anyone took it as such.

i'll go
Old 03-16-2004, 04:40 PM   #52
Acrobat

Cool Icelle. Hope to see you there!

Here's the info and address for anyone who's interested so you don't have to e-mail me if you don't want to:

The Joshua Tree-U2 Tribute

Thursday March 25th @
North Orange Christian Church
1001 E. Lincoln Ave. Orange, CA 92865
Show starts at exactly 7:30 in the main sanctuary

Go to www.nocc.org/about/directions.htm
for detailed freeway directions and a map.

Also, everyone, please don't worry that it is in a church. No one is going to bother you, try to get you to join, or hound you to give your soul to Jesus. All of us in the band happen to be Christians, but none of us attend this church. It is a church that a friend of the band attends. We are just there to perform and get some feedback from y'all.

Please, feel free to hang out after and introduce yourself to us and let us know what you thought was good and what needs work. The best way for us to get it 100% accurate is to have die hard U2 fans give us their input. We plan on playing some big venue places this year and we want to make sure we are dialed in before heading out to them.

Thanks.

Jason.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:04 AM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

Speaking of hands....seems as if one is missing here!

Talk about smiling under pressure! did you notice how she stuck me in the chest with her

AND...the bar had nothing but SF Giants glasses...

Regarding drinking buddies.....

You're too Sybil for me!
Old 03-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #54
The Fly

Hey all! I had a blast at Johnny Foley's and it was nice to meet some of you! Zoo Station rocks!!.....as it was apparent that i was drunk and dancing and having one of the best nights in a looooon while. thanks!
Old 04-18-2004, 06:20 PM   #55
The Fly

Ok,i know i been off for awhile.SBC kicked me off.That night was fun and something i'll never ever forget.I hope to do it again soon.

BTW: Zoo Station did rock.Keep up the good work guys!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm gonna bump this up for those curious interlanders...also check out JT's first invitation to his concert; he's probably sorry he started out with us!!!

Memory lane...................:0
Old 01-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #57
Refugee

Old 01-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #58
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
I'm gonna bump this up for those curious interlanders...also check out JT's first invitation to his concert; he's probably sorry he started out with us!!!

hehe Thanks, Mr. BAW, that's cool and something we should save as a JT keepsake!

~Karen (with my own Bono black leather jacket!)
Old 01-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

AWWWWW, its when dey where just JT babieeeeeeees! Dus so cuuuuute!

We weened you !
hehe!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

i remember i was the first and only interlander who saw them do their first show. it was a tough crowd...

it was still a great show...