Northern California Gathering Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pretty close! good memory:

gloria
electric co.
two hearts
new year's day
unforgettable fire >
spanish eyes
bad / mothers of the disappeared
streets
still haven't found
sunday
bullet
with ot without you
angel
god pt.2
all i want
-----------------------------
zoo station
even better
end of the world
lady with the spinning head >
the fly
satellite of love
hold me, thrill me
one
desire
wild horses
party girl
beautiful day
in a little while
elevation
mysterious ways
disco
i will follow
pride

Zoo Station pics :wink:

339%3C5%3C3923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6%3C554%3A8ot1lsi

339%3C5%3C3923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6%3C554%3A%3Aot1lsi

339%3C5%3C3923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6%3C554%3B7ot1lsi

339%3C5%3C3923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6%3C58838ot1lsi

339%3C5%3C3923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6%3C57%3A%3A%3Aot1lsi

339%3C5%3C3923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6%3C57%3A%3B%3Bot1lsi

Matter of fact, it was very nice to meet all of the Nor CA crew during this trip. We hooked up with Da'Fish and Sicy Friday night...man, you shoulda seen the bill we racked up, that Sicy can eat...! JK...actually, it was planned that I would pay for dinner Friday night and Mr. Fish kindly did the same on Saturday...my good man! Then off to the Salsa! I've never seen so many, hips, legs and arm in motion all at once...those kids can dance. My back hurt just watching them. It was really great to see you two; we want to baptize your next cat!

Adamspoptart it was great to meet you as well; from what I heard, you took the train to see the group, the band and SF. hope we didn't waste your time; while I didn't get a chance to check out your etchings, they looked good from where I was propped up against the wall..(not too much you can do with an old guy except stick him where he won't get in the way!) Maybe next time we can talk so I can check out your next set of drawings. :)

Radiosweatheart-Adam's Wild Honey-Sybil; it was finally nice to meet you. Why, for the live of me you would think that we would try to kidnap you, I don't know...I mean, you even brought that little bodyguard guy (double :lol:), just joking Brian...you must have thought that BAW and I were real desparados...! :lol: You're very nice and hopefully we can meet again, next time our yard.

U2SJ - wow, Marissa, I'm gonna write role for you in my next movie. it will be something about a high-energy girl who doesn't take NO for an answer! :lol: You were dancing the night away, and you were totally correct, that band was great! would love to see a Battle of the Bands with them and Elevation Canada...it would be really, really close...I thought your boyfriend was great despite the fact that he's an admitted Giants' fan. :( Someday, he'll learn!! :lmao:

I mentioned U2Deathbeargirl last night, so here's another high-face to Sylvia...:yes:

BAW and I had a lot of fun; ate a lot of food, drank some good wine and beers...visited Bezerkly and then drove around SF just checking it all out...next time there's a party, it might be a So CA invite TO ALL at the BAW house....

To all the friends we made and to the friends we will meet; thanks again.

Mr. BAW

Mr. BAW said:

Radiosweatheart-Adam's Wild Honey-Sybil; it was finally nice to meet you. Why, for the live of me you would think that we would try to kidnap you, I don't know...I mean, you even brought that little bodyguard guy (double :lol:), just joking Brian...you must have thought that BAW and I were real desparados...! :lol: You're very nice and hopefully we can meet again, next time our yard.

:lmao: I didnt think you would kidnap me :laugh: My family did!!! Next time we meet it will definately be in the O.C. :up:

Mr Baw it was great to meet you and Mrs Baw too! :wave:
Too bad we couldnt have all hung out more, as you saw I get really into ZooStation so its hard for me to remain calm :lol:
Anyways, we will all have to meet up again soon!!!
I'm trying to post my pics, but with my new computer its not happening...I hope to be able to post them soon :D

ILuvLarryMullen said:
well you might have had spirit ladies, but at least no one asked you about pedicures and manicures :lol:

and bubble baths:wink:

Calling all BAW's!!! Callling all BAW's!!!

Hey Mr. and Mrs. BAW! I've never talked to you before, but after reading the California meet up threads and seeing all the pictures I feel like I kinda know you already. Since you appear to be in the O.C. / L.A. area and have seen a couple other U2 tribute's including the local O.C. tribute Propaganda (we've seen them too), I was wondering if you (and any other local Interferencers reading this) would be interested in coming to my U2 tribute band's premier performance on Thursday March 25th in the City of Orange. We're called "The Joshua Tree" and are just starting to play out as a U2 tribute band. All of us are seasoned veterans of the L.A. music scene and have been playing for years, so don't worry, even though it's our first show as a U2 tribute we aren't a bunch of amateurs. We have been playing U2's music for years and I personally have been imitating Bono for the past 15 years. My band and I finally decided midway last year to do the full tribute instead of just covering some U2 songs during our gigs. We've been rehearsing the show for the past 6 months and we dress up in the Elevation tour wardrobe that we have painstakingly (and tastefully) re-created ourselves and are striving for 100% authenticity and accuracy. We're basically going for re-creating the Boston and Slane Castle shows. It would be great for some fellow Interferencers to come and give us some honest and constructive feedback.

Anyway, this gig is for a college age church group and is basically just to get our feet wet doing this in front of some people and to get some notes from our friends who are big U2 fans. The set will only be 45 min's. and will start at 7:30 p.m. If you, or anyone reading this thread is interested, please e-mail me at bonobjones@aol.com and I'll give you all the details.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you!

Jason.

P.S.- I didn't intend to hi-jack this thread. I just thought it would be a good place to catch the attention of the BAW's and any other So. Cal Interferencers. I apologize if anyone took it as such.

Mr. BAW said:
I thought your boyfriend was great despite the fact that he's an admitted Giants' fan. :( Someday, he'll learn!!

What are you talking about here Mr. Char? You've been caught RED-HANDED, proudly displaying a Giants Pint Glass in your hand! :tsk: and :shame:

Bono's American Wife said:
AWH & Mr. BAW
339%3C548323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6%3C56478ot1lsi

Speaking of hands....seems as if one is missing here! :ohmy: :shifty:

Bono's American Wife said:
Mr. BAW & the Guiness girl
339%3C548323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6%3C56485ot1lsi

Between my moped of love on your wandering hands....I think we would make good drinking buddies. Watch out ladies! :D

Bono B. Jones said:
Calling all BAW's!!! Callling all BAW's!!!

Hey Mr. and Mrs. BAW! I've never talked to you before, but after reading the California meet up threads and seeing all the pictures I feel like I kinda know you already. Since you appear to be in the O.C. / L.A. area and have seen a couple other U2 tribute's including the local O.C. tribute Propaganda (we've seen them too), I was wondering if you (and any other local Interferencers reading this) would be interested in coming to my U2 tribute band's premier performance on Thursday March 25th in the City of Orange. We're called "The Joshua Tree" and are just starting to play out as a U2 tribute band. All of us are seasoned veterans of the L.A. music scene and have been playing for years, so don't worry, even though it's our first show as a U2 tribute we aren't a bunch of amateurs. We have been playing U2's music for years and I personally have been imitating Bono for the past 15 years. My band and I finally decided midway last year to do the full tribute instead of just covering some U2 songs during our gigs. We've been rehearsing the show for the past 6 months and we dress up in the Elevation tour wardrobe that we have painstakingly (and tastefully) re-created ourselves and are striving for 100% authenticity and accuracy. We're basically going for re-creating the Boston and Slane Castle shows. It would be great for some fellow Interferencers to come and give us some honest and constructive feedback.

Anyway, this gig is for a college age church group and is basically just to get our feet wet doing this in front of some people and to get some notes from our friends who are big U2 fans. The set will only be 45 min's. and will start at 7:30 p.m. If you, or anyone reading this thread is interested, please e-mail me at bonobjones@aol.com and I'll give you all the details.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you!

Jason.

P.S.- I didn't intend to hi-jack this thread. I just thought it would be a good place to catch the attention of the BAW's and any other So. Cal Interferencers. I apologize if anyone took it as such.

i'll go:)

Cool Icelle. Hope to see you there!

Here's the info and address for anyone who's interested so you don't have to e-mail me if you don't want to:

The Joshua Tree-U2 Tribute

Thursday March 25th @
North Orange Christian Church
1001 E. Lincoln Ave. Orange, CA 92865
Show starts at exactly 7:30 in the main sanctuary

Go to www.nocc.org/about/directions.htm
for detailed freeway directions and a map.

Also, everyone, please don't worry that it is in a church. No one is going to bother you, try to get you to join, or hound you to give your soul to Jesus. All of us in the band happen to be Christians, but none of us attend this church. It is a church that a friend of the band attends. We are just there to perform and get some feedback from y'all.

Please, feel free to hang out after and introduce yourself to us and let us know what you thought was good and what needs work. The best way for us to get it 100% accurate is to have die hard U2 fans give us their input. We plan on playing some big venue places this year and we want to make sure we are dialed in before heading out to them.

Thanks.

Jason.

zoney! said:

Speaking of hands....seems as if one is missing here! :ohmy: :shifty:

:D

Talk about smiling under pressure! did you notice how she stuck me in the chest with her :yikes:

AND...the bar had nothing but SF Giants glasses... :(

Regarding drinking buddies.....:hmm:

:no:

You're too Sybil for me! :lol:

Hey all! I had a blast at Johnny Foley's and it was nice to meet some of you! Zoo Station rocks!!.....as it was apparent that i was drunk and dancing and having one of the best nights in a looooon while. thanks!

Ok,i know i been off for awhile.:censored:SBC kicked me off.That night was fun and something i'll never ever forget.I hope to do it again soon.

BTW: Zoo Station did rock.Keep up the good work guys!

Mr. BAW said:
I'm gonna bump this up for those curious interlanders...also check out JT's first invitation to his concert; he's probably sorry he started out with us!!!

Memory lane...................:0

hehe Thanks, Mr. BAW, that's cool and something we should save as a JT keepsake!

~Karen (with my own Bono black leather jacket!) :sexywink:

Mr. BAW said:
I'm gonna bump this up for those curious interlanders...also check out JT's first invitation to his concert; he's probably sorry he started out with us!!!

Memory lane...................:0

AWWWWW, its when dey where just JT babieeeeeeees! Dus so cuuuuute! :scream:

We weened you !
hehe!
:drool:

i remember i was the first and only interlander who saw them do their first show. it was a tough crowd...

it was still a great show...

Back
Top Bottom