NLOTH Midnight gathering for the start of sales?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Last time I did this, was with the Achtung Baby release with some friends in Pasadena.
We got there at 10 pm the night prior to the start of sale of the album. The crowd was awesome, there was about 75 people there and the MusicPlus (Old school record store), was very animated and it made for a wonderful time.
The gave away plastic flies to all of the attendees. lol
Anyone planning to do one in your area?

I did this at the Tower Records across from the SD Sports Arena when ATYCLB and then again when HTDAAB was released! Lots of fun and I'm still friends with a couple I met there that night!

Do stores still do midnight sales for big album releases?

I think the only time I've done that was for REM's Monster release in college.

I'm going to have to check what's going on in the Philly/South Jersey area.

Last time I did this, was with the Achtung Baby release with some friends in Pasadena.
We got there at 10 pm the night prior to the start of sale of the album. The crowd was awesome, there was about 75 people there and the MusicPlus (Old school record store), was very animated and it made for a wonderful time.
The gave away plastic flies to all of the attendees. lol
Anyone planning to do one in your area?

i went to the Music + store in Monterey Park (i ended up working for them two weeks later for 7 years) for the Achtung Baby release. Good times:up: and I still have my plastic flies!

Damn, I'd really want to do this but I'll be on a plane crossing the atlantic ocean at the time :down: If my flight was just ONE DAY either side I could have done that in the US or UK respectively :sad:

I just talked to a guy at Virgin Megastore at Hollywood and Highland, and he said they usually have a midnight release for everything, even the small releases. Their normal hours are 10 a.m. - Midnight, so he said they stay open a little later to accommodate fans who are really excited about a release.

So who's up for taking a trip to Hollywood and Highland on Monday, March 2nd . . . at around 11:59 p.m. :D

I found a local music store that is open until midnight on Monday nights specifically for those insane dedicated fans of whatever band is releasing an album on Tuesday.

So I'll be heading there. Any other Seattle Interlanders up for it? A word of warning: I might end up crashing and burning at 10:30 and falling asleep and bag the whole thing.

:reject:

Wow, that's tough. I'm in the South Bay so would be close to LA or OC, though I don't know how close those would be for Bonocomet.

Not too close at all really LOL. I'm in San Diego. It would be fun so I was really thinking about it, but I guess I'll just go to Best Buy first thing in the morning that day, since it is a work day for me. If you guys do go, have fun!

Back
Top Bottom