New York St. Patrick's Day Gathering, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kids, long time no speak.

As of this moment, I am still looking for work. So if I even so much as hint that i'd like to go to the UF show and spend money, mrs numb will castrate me.

and no one needs that.:wink:

DaveC said:

:sexywink:

Mr. BAW said:
I may have to re-think London, Ontario...:hmm:

:yes:

Numb1075 said:

As of this moment, I am still looking for work. So if I even so much as hint that i'd like to go to the UF show and spend money, mrs numb will castrate me.

:sad:

Good luck in your continuing job hunt, Numb, we know you'll find something soon! :hug:

Numb1075 said:

Maybe you should stand outside the theater with a donation can or something. :D

Numb1075 said:

If you come on 3/17 to the City, I'll give you a job interview. The job requires you drink free beer, so that will be your interview. If you do well on the interview, maybe we'll hire you again next year. Eh? COME ON! The whole day will cost you a train ticket. I'm probably not even going to the show, I'm just heading into the City to my drink on.

FYI...for reasons I shall not bore you with....I have 2 extra tickets to the show that evening....so, if someone might have need of one or both of them, please let me know....they're yours, free. Just PM me and let me know.

UberBeaver said:

If you come on 3/17 to the City, I'll give you a job interview. The job requires you drink free beer, so that will be your interview. If you do well on the interview, maybe we'll hire you again next year. Eh? COME ON! The whole day will cost you a train ticket. I'm probably not even going to the show, I'm just heading into the City to my drink on.

I already said I have your first, Beav can pick up the tab after that. It's all about team work :up:

Headache - what time does the parade start?
I'll be wanting to watch the rugby AND see the parade so if I can watch at a bar on the parade route that would be gold.

Mr. Baw - If I need to be spanked to get you here, so be it :bendsoverandtakesonefortheteam:

:wink:

It is 21 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Alternative time units
21 days can be converted to one of these units:
1,814,400 seconds
30,240 minutes
504 hours
3 weeks

:drool:

I was put in charge of tickets for Schmeff! and so far I've just dopped the ball. Does anyone have two extra table tickets they'd like to share? :D

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I so cannot wait to meet you and P. :hyper:

Same :hyper:

I hope BB Kings has this dancing license otherwise someone is going to have to offer up their hotel room:

NYC court upholds law that bans patrons from dancing in bars, restaurants
Fri Feb 23, 10:30 AM

NEW YORK (AP) - Come and meet those dancing feet, up on 42nd Street - but only in nightspots with special licences.

The city's 80-year-old cabaret law banning dancing by patrons in ordinary bars and restaurants is legal, the state Supreme Court's Appellate Division ruled Thursday.

The Gotham West Coast Swing Club and several people had sued, saying the law violated their constitutional right to free expression.

But the appeals court backed the law, which was enacted in the Prohibition era to crack down on speakeasies.

"Recreational dancing is not a form of expression protected by the federal or state constitutions," the court wrote.

City lawyer Norman Corenthal welcomed the court's decision, saying it upheld the city's right to enforce laws that protect residential areas from noise, congestion and safety hazards.

The plaintiffs claimed that in the 1960s, about 1,000 places legally allowed patrons to dance, but fewer than 300 such places exist now. They also had challenged the city's application of zoning laws, arguing it was arbitrary and capricious.

Norman Siegel, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said he was considering an appeal.

DaveC said:
There's no way they actually enforce this, though...

...right?

Haven't you ever seen Footloose? NYC is EXACTLY like that. I've been here 32 years and I know better than to dance in a bar. And if you even think about it, you better yell, "JUMP BACK" to the cops.

snowbunny00774 said:

I already said I have your first, Beav can pick up the tab after that. It's all about team work :up:

Headache - what time does the parade start?
I'll be wanting to watch the rugby AND see the parade so if I can watch at a bar on the parade route that would be gold.

Mr. Baw - If I need to be spanked to get you here, so be it :bendsoverandtakesonefortheteam:

:wink:

All kinds of good info here:

http://www.saintpatricksdayparade.com/NYC/newyorkcity.htm

Parade starts @ 11am. goes from 44th to 86th st.

<----- Firmly believes the team needs to pay a bit more.

snowbunny00774 said:

Same :hyper:

I hope BB Kings has this dancing license otherwise someone is going to have to offer up their hotel room:

NYC court upholds law that bans patrons from dancing in bars, restaurants
Fri Feb 23, 10:30 AM

NEW YORK (AP) - Come and meet those dancing feet, up on 42nd Street - but only in nightspots with special licences.

The city's 80-year-old cabaret law banning dancing by patrons in ordinary bars and restaurants is legal, the state Supreme Court's Appellate Division ruled Thursday.

The Gotham West Coast Swing Club and several people had sued, saying the law violated their constitutional right to free expression.

But the appeals court backed the law, which was enacted in the Prohibition era to crack down on speakeasies.

"Recreational dancing is not a form of expression protected by the federal or state constitutions," the court wrote.

City lawyer Norman Corenthal welcomed the court's decision, saying it upheld the city's right to enforce laws that protect residential areas from noise, congestion and safety hazards.

The plaintiffs claimed that in the 1960s, about 1,000 places legally allowed patrons to dance, but fewer than 300 such places exist now. They also had challenged the city's application of zoning laws, arguing it was arbitrary and capricious.

Norman Siegel, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said he was considering an appeal.

That's a joke right? wtf. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom