New York St. Patrick's Day Gathering, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i won't be able to be in manhattan on the thursday night... work stuff gets in the way. friday night i will deffinetly be there, the only question is what time... and that is all dependent on how far into the new york state basketball tournament we are... which i'll know the week before. if we're in the final four, we'll have practice that friday... if not, we won't, thus i'll be in earlier.

thus then early ETA is around 2/3ish, late ETA is around 5/6ish

morty2.jpg

"What? no early bird special???"

:yes:

I've found another possibility for dinner/drinks on Thursday evening that we can put up for a vote. :D
"Muldoon's Irish Pub 692 3rd Ave. (btw. 43rd St. & 44th St.), 599-2750. Warm Irish pub, nice clientele, good food and beer, Open seven nights til 4am."

Thoughts???

Last edited:
ewen said:

That'd be cool. They're scheduled to play Falkirk on the 17th in a Scottish Premier League match. However, it's dependent on the result of Falkirk's CIS Cup semi-final match next Tuesday. The final of the CIS cup is on March 18th and if Falkirk reach the final then the league match against Celtic will have to be rescheduled for another day. So there's the possibility that there will not be a match at all on St Patrick's Day. Other than the football/soccer, The Parlour will have other entertainment and bands playing that weekend. Their website, www.theparlour.com, is currently being reworked and will be launched later this week with a St Patrick's Day entertainments schedule.

looks like Celtic/Falkirk is on the 18th now. The parlor, however, is having a Celtic supporters March on the 17th. That alone might be worth a trip uptown.

BluRmGrl said:
I've found another possibility for dinner/drinks on Thursday evening that we can put up for a vote. :D
"Muldoon's Irish Pub 692 3rd Ave. (btw. 43rd St. & 44th St.), 599-2750. Warm Irish pub, nice clientele, good food and beer, Open seven nights til 4am."

Thoughts???

Headache, rate this place...:hmm:

UberBeaver said:

looks like Celtic/Falkirk is on the 18th now. The parlor, however, is having a Celtic supporters March on the 17th. That alone might be worth a trip uptown.

Yes, the match kicks-off at 8am our time! It looks like Celtic could seal the Championship with this match and with it being the day after St Patrick's then it will a great atmosphere in The Parlour, even at that time of the morning.

The RBS 6 Nations rugby tournament is under way. Ireland have a great chance to win this tournament and the final matches are on St Patrick's Day morning. Ireland will be playing Italy, England will be versus Wales while Scotland will be against favourites France. Most of us Brits, Irish and French (the Italians aren't really into rugby that much) will be in the pubs on Saturday morning glued to the box. The Americans & Dave will be wandering around Manhattan wondering why the parade hasn't started yet.

Guinness and sausage rolls

:shrug: there's like 10,000 different irish pubs in manhattan... as much as i'd like to, i haven't been able to get to all of 'em.

and if happened to make it there on a past st. patrick's day, i probably don't remember.

Do any of them have sausage rolls? :shifty: :drool: :reject:

Re: Guinness and sausage rolls

redkat said:

Do any of them have sausage rolls? :shifty: :drool: :reject:

:drool:

Damn you!

You write something like this after the conversation we just had in my driveway! :madwife: :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Guinness and sausage rolls

redkat said:

sorta explains the problem doesn' t it :sexywink:

pretty much :sexywink: :lol:

I tried to pretend that my energy bar and bottle of water tasted as good as a sausage roll & Guinness but it didn't work :(

the delay of the parade... which i'm sure you said in jest, as was my response.

The 6 Nations tournament is a big deal with us Brits, the real Irish people and the French. It's the last day of the tournament, all three matches are being played that morning and the Irish have a good chance of winning it this year. As you'd say in the States...do the math. :)

not that this is remotely even worth debating, but the st. patrick's day parade in new york city is one of the biggest days of the year in new york city... the biggest day of the year for real irish immigrants in new york, be they right off the boat or here for generations... 150,000 people marched last year and it's attended by millions and broadcasted on NBC.

i need not do any math.

not that this is remotely even worth debating, but the st. patrick's day parade in new york city is one of the biggest days of the year in new york city... the biggest day of the year for real irish immigrants in new york, be they right off the boat or here for generations... 150,000 people marched last year and it's attended by millions and broadcasted on NBC.

i need not do any math.

: sigh :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom