New York St. Patrick's Day Gathering, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:

Right now I'm sitting in the Library atrium reading a 2000-page textbook on Civil War history. :crack:

I did not realize Canada had a civil war! :hmm:

I just booked our hotel. Schmeg will be buying our show tickets, and I will be figuring out the air transport. :D

birthday body shots :ohmy::drool:

:flirt:

Just booked my ticket for the UF show - should be the last thing I need to buy before I go, so it looks like all that's left is to save up some spending money! :up:

DaveC said:
Headache, you said March Madness starts the same weekend...are there any especially good places (read: bars) to watch the tournament in NYC that you know of? :hmm:

but of course.

the espn zone in times square (less than a block from BB King's) is of course an orgy of college basketball goodness, 'cause they have every single game on at the same time on quite large TVs... but it is of course a very touristy place... thus it'll be packed out, and the prices are a little more than your average pub.

the great thing about new york and what makes st. patrick's day so great is that it seems like there's an irish pub on every block. and most of the places have HD tv's these days, thus then any clusterfuck of a bar you may end up in will at the very least have the local CBS coverage fo the games.

I got everything ready for the passport except someone to sign and validate my identity. Then I just need to hand it in (and pay the fee - guess I forgot about that one) and wait until it shows up in the mail.

I'm going to get it signed this weekend, so I should be plenty safe. :D

Anyone ever tried to take a street sign in Manhattan?

I think I might need to steal an "Avenue D" sign while I'm there...:hmm:

DaveC said:

How are you going to get it home?

You won't be able to carry it on, and if you check it, TSA will screen it, call an officer, and, well....you might not get out of the country on Sunday!

Just my view though.

1.gif

Just getting ready.....:hyper:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it pays to do your taxes early... my refund shall be paying for st. patrick's day and then some :drool:

:yes: :yes: :yes: Ours, too!! If I can just wait a few more days for the direct deposit to hit our bank, we're as good as there! :hyper: Although my first choice of hotels is no longer available & that's a bit disappointing - but no worry! There are plenty of hotels in Manhattan..... (I just keep repeating that to myself over & over & over... :ohmy: )

DaveC said:

you're a disgrace :shame:

see if you can get an up close pic of one beforehand in case you need tools to "liberate" it

For the record, I'm not actually stealing a Manhattan street sign (as much as I'd love to have one). I won't be able to get it home. :(

:wave:
LMP - I might like to join you gals if you go on a shopping trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also a born & bred NYC'r -

I know a pretty good amount about the following things in case anyone wants to check out special places/interests etc......

Art Museums [besides the MMM :wink: - tho that IS the most extensive] & other museums

Bead/Metal Jewelry-working & Knitting Stores :drool: :drool:

some Specialty Bookshops YAY!

Ethnic Food/Restaurants- some Indian/some Chineese/some Greek ...a bit of others, too :D...Yummy!

Architecture

Places of Historical Interst

###### WEATHER ALERT!!!! ######
For those Unfamilliar with our weather in MArch.....It REALLY Varies
in Mid-march it CAN be like 34F "with a howling wind" to a quiet, nice 45F to a ~~~LOVELY 55F - 60F+~~~ <:shame: NO laffing from any FLA or CA'rs >

:wink:

SO check with us here in NYC like a day or 2 before you leave!

I'll check in later this week.............happy to answer questions on above items.

I should find out whether or not I can get a passport in time tonight...it's a 4-hour wait just to get IN to the passport office today! They're also saying it could take up to 2 months to get a passport now, but I'm hoping they'll fast-track it when I show them my non-refundable plane tickets.

:yikes:

Fingers crossed...

How many of you will be wearing green on St Pat's?

My passport will be ready March 5th. :up:

I think I did pay what's tantamount to a government bribe, though...in exchange for coming to pick it up and for an extra $10 I get it a week earlier since they don't have to mail it. I don't think that's a regular service of Passport Canada.

Anyways, that's the last hurdle. I've only got to save up some spending money now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom