New York St. Patrick's Day Gathering, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:
NSW, I think I'm going to take you up on a ticket to the Rangers game on Saturday, if you've still got one. I figure I can't miss an opportunity like this. Thousands of drunken New York Irish (we're all Irish on St. Patrick's Day! :wink: ) chirping Boston - and I plan on being one, if only for an evening! :D

How are you managing to get these tickets anyways, if you don't mind me asking...? :hmm:

You're in, no problem, even if interference now hates you. :)

Dave, I'll tell you all about how I am able to score the tickets anywhere but in this thread. :)

Headache in a Suitcase said:

guinness, to be technical, is a very dark ruby red, not black. it just appears to be black. take a few sips and hold the beer up to a light and you will see it's true color.

don't hold the glass up when it's full, for you shall spill your beer. :tsk:

I'll have to do that next time I have one (in March :wink: ).

I think Dave and I are the only ones who remember the red and green Philly beer. :lol:

background to the red or green beer thing:

At a Chinese restaurant in Philladelphia Abby, April, Adam & Ewen (aka ABBA tribute band 'AAAE') have just finished their meal when in walks Jeff, DaveC & Headache. Spying my beer someone asks "what do they have in here?" and I reply "hmm, red or green." (The bottles had red or green labels and were written in Chinese).

now kids, a pretty picture:

philly.jpg

Wasn't that the server who called them "red" or "green"? I thought that was why it was so funny, even the server didn't know!

What was the name of the restaurant...the Four what...? :laugh:

DaveC said:
Wasn't that the server who called them "red" or "green"? I thought that was why it was so funny, even the server didn't know!

No, Davieboy, it was me.

Btw, I hope you're going to get up bright and early on Monday for that God awful journey you're going to have to La Guardia. If you had emailed me before booking your flight I would have recommended Newark to you. But depsite using the subway practically every day, I guess I'm Scottish so what the hell would I know about the New York transport system, right?

It's not THAT bad. My flight's leaving at 12:30 in the afternoon, now. I shouldn't have to get up ridiculously early.

DaveC said:
It's not THAT bad. My flight's leaving at 12:30 in the afternoon, now. I shouldn't have to get up ridiculously early.

Well ok, don't say you weren't warned; what do I know, I'm just a dumb foreigner? :shrug:

for international flights out of LGA you should plan on being there at least an hour and a half ahead of time... and depending on where you're staying it'll be approx. a half hour commute just to get to LGA by cab (perhaps a bit longer if you're taking a subway/bus combo)... would probably wanna leave a bit early to make sure you don't have any traffic problems... sooooo for a 12:30 out of LGA, i'm guessing you should leave where ever you are by 10 at the latest. probably even a bit earlier just to be safe. last thing you want to be doing is rushing to get to the airport.

newark and JFK are much quicker to get to.

ewen said:

Well ok, don't say you weren't warned; what do I know, I'm just a dumb foreigner? :shrug:

That's not what I meant... :reject:

Geez, who'd have thought they'd make the airport so damn hard to get to and from? :huh:

At least I'm landing at La Guardia also, so I'll have an idea of exactly how long it should take me to get back the other way, and that'll help me a bit.

I hope.

I'm sure it'll be fine, Dave, but I remember leaving NY on a Wednesday morning around 9-ish and traffic was insane. We made it to LGA on time, but I just hated being stuck in traffic like that when I had a plane to catch.

And, Shannon, why aren't you posting in the London thread? :madwife: Are you still figuring out if you can come?

"I never knew I could drive like that. I was going faster than I've ever gone before, and yet, it all seemed to be happening in slow motion. I was seeing three and four moves ahead, weaving in and out of lanes like an Olympic skier on a gold medal run. I knew I was challenging the very laws of physics. At Queens Boulevard, I took the shoulder. At Jewel Avenue, I used the median. I had it. I was there. And then, I hit the Van Wyck. They say no one's ever beaten the Van Wyck, but gentlemen, I tell you this... I came as close as anyone ever has. And if it hadn't been for that five-car pile-up on Rockaway Boulevard, that numbskull would be on a plane for Seattle right now instead of looking for a parking space downstairs."
-Elaine Benes

and as for the London thread... when you finally settle on a date i'll be able to make a final decision. no gaurantees, though... it's very hard for me to take time off from october to the end of february and from the last week in june till the middle of august, both for various basketball related reasons. march to the middle of june, and then mid august thru september are my "free" times. so i'm not ruling it out, i'm just seeing if i can pull it off.

Well this just sucks royally. A total of five people (so far) in my department have quit. That means if I were to go to New York there'd be no one to cover my shift unless they wanted to pull an 18 hour shift. Translation = I can't go to New York after all :sad:

Cleasai said:
Well this just sucks royally. A total of five people (so far) in my department have quit. That means if I were to go to New York there'd be no one to cover my shift unless they wanted to pull an 18 hour shift. Translation = I can't go to New York after all :sad:

:sad:

What about if you guys get more people by July? Would you be able to go to London, then? :hmm:

I'll keep you updated, Shannon, right now it looks like we have two weekends penciled in and you can always come in on Saturday - I'm carpooling if you fly into DTW. :flirt:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom