New York St. Patrick's Day Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:

Please take me off your 'list' :angry:

Our fears are realized. It is true. They have already won. :sad:

I don't get this seating arrangement thing. On the ticketmaster site it has booths or standing room. But the diagram has only tables or booths. So does the $20 seat mean a table? Or do those people stand amongst the table? Is there a floor that I just don't see?

Personally, I prefer booths, myself, cause I can lounge out, and they appear to be away from the stage, which I like.

UberBeaver said:

I don't get this seating arrangement thing. On the ticketmaster site it has booths or standing room. But the diagram has only tables or booths. So does the $20 seat mean a table? Or do those people stand amongst the table? Is there a floor that I just don't see?

Personally, I prefer booths, myself, cause I can lounge out, and they appear to be away from the stage, which I like.

If it's anything like Halloween (likely) then the tables in front of the stage will not be there. $20 buys you a standing ticket while the booths are $40. I'm assuming that the usual setup at BB Kings includes the tables but they remove them for acts such as UF

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
100 days till st. patrick's day :mad: err i mean :hyper:

Every time I go to my Glasgow Celtic supporters pub on West 86th Street it's a mini Saint Patrick's Day.

Love that place. Full of proper Irish and Scots people.

UberBeaver said:

Where's the Headmaster when we need his explanation the most? Headache!!! what gives???

Mr. BAW said:

Where's the Headmaster when we need his explanation the most? Headache!!! what gives???

I've just explained. ^^^

ewen said:

If it's anything like Halloween (likely) then the tables in front of the stage will not be there. $20 buys you a standing ticket while the booths are $40. I'm assuming that the usual setup at BB Kings includes the tables but they remove them for acts such as UF

Gotcha. Thanks.

put me on the "probably" list

you'll have to let me buy you a drink, miss april.

then we'll let jeff buy the rest.

:giggle:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

So even if I get in on a booth I'll still be able to be front row and center like I'm accustomed to? Yay! :drool:

:lol:

It's UF not U2! lol

I still don't know if we're going to the show since it's a little pricey for just a tribute band and Abby doesn't seem too keen anyway - although we haven't really talked much about it. We will be wanting to meet up with people though, maybe just not at the gig. I'll ask Abby again tonight, if I remember, if she wants to go to the actual gig.

The offer is still there to pick up tickets from the box office though. We'll have to come up with some arangement.

Re: put me on the "probably" list

bonosgirl84 said:
you'll have to let me buy you a drink, miss april.

then we'll let jeff buy the rest.

:giggle:

Same here, missy. :flirt:

And I'll drink to that last part! :giggle:

Scottish Half of Ewbby said:
It's UF not U2! lol

I know, silly! But, a prime rail skank has to keep in practice for the next official tour, ya know. :madspit:

:wink:

if it wasn't st. patrick's day it would be cheaper than $20 bucks. they've sold the place out on st. pat's two years running sooo the price obviously reflects that.

for those who asked about the floor plan, i took the one on ticketmaster and made some changes to it to reflect what the floorplan was at the halloween show... setup should be similar

bbkingsfloor.jpg

I talked to Abby last night about this gig and we're going to go but she drew the line at spending 80 bucks for booth seats and I agree. We're going through a costly immigration process at present, have recently moved to an expensive New York apartment, are presently on only a single income between us and have other costly matters to consider for next year that are of much higher priority. If it was U2 that we were going to see then that's a different story - some children would have to be sold for that and, since we don't even have children, we would have to steal some first. So, we're going to go and I'm going to buy the $20 tickets from the box office when I'm next in Manhattan. I'm in Manhattan quite often April (plug: did i mention the great Irish/Scottish pub on West 86th? The Parlour) so I can collect your ticket whenever you're ready.

ewen said:
I talked to Abby last night about this gig and we're going to go but she drew the line at spending 80 bucks for booth seats and I agree. We're going through a costly immigration process at present, have recently moved to an expensive New York apartment, are presently on only a single income between us and have other costly matters to consider for next year that are of much higher priority. If it was U2 that we were going to see then that's a different story - some children would have to be sold for that and, since we don't even have children, we would have to steal some first. So, we're going to go and I'm going to buy the $20 tickets from the box office when I'm next in Manhattan. I'm in Manhattan quite often April (plug: did i mention the great Irish/Scottish pub on West 86th? The Parlour) so I can collect your ticket whenever you're ready.

Stealing children? I've never stolen children to sell for U2 tickets, but good to have this kind of information for the future! :hmm:

:lol:

And a big "Woohoo!" for you guys coming to the gig! :hyper:

I will be in contact with you soon, re: my ticket. It goes without saying, I appreciate it much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom