New here! Any Detroit U2-ers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Hi all,

Just began posting today! (You may never be able to get me off of this thing now! lol) Are there any other U2 fans from the Detroit/Michigan area? The 5/30 "Elevation" concert was the second closest thing to a religious experience I had ever had-the first being ZooTv back in 1992!
smile.gif
Thanks, and take care all!

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

*April*

I'm not in Michigan, but I'm in Ohio at school an hour from Detroit.
smile.gif

------------------
"I think it's all about drums..."

I only caught the Cleveland show...I'm from the Cleveland area, so I had to go home for that. Bad timing...it was the weekend before finals! But hell, it was worth every minute.
smile.gif
I was pissed that I missed Detroit, and even Columbus and Pittburgh...hopefully they'll be back in the fall...I've got more $$ now!!

------------------
"I think it's all about drums..."

I'm a couple hours away or so in Michigan.
smile.gif

I'll be down in Detroit next month to fly out of Metro to visit my boyfriend. Woo hoo!!
smile.gif

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Hi! I live in Michigan about 30 mins. from Detroit. Of course I was at the concert here on 5/30..it rocked!! I had rather crappy seats and the people in my section were not very into it, but I loved it anyway. I guess there are just a few Michiganders around here??

Originally posted by Innocent Eyes:
BTW Larry's Angel. How many U2 shows have you been to and where?

Hi Innocent Eyes!
smile.gif

I've been to two shows. ZOOTv Outside Broadcast in 1992 and Elevation this May 30th, both in MI.
smile.gif
If they come back, esp. if it's to Chicago I'm going!!! I want inside the heart so badly!

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

*April*

I'm from the Detroit area as well. I went to the May 30th show. I thought it was an out-of -this-world experience as well. Definitely a religous experience.

------------------
You're dangerous, 'cos you're honest.
You're dangerous, you don't know what you want

hehehe....I was standing in front of Adam during that show, and these two girls in front of me had this big sign that said, "Streak for us, Adam!" and once when he was going below the stage, they yelled, "Adam!" and he looked over at the sign and smiled....hehe

Oh, yeah...Then there was the time I blew him a kiss and he smiled at me...hehehe

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

There's quite a few Michiganders around...we should all get together for a party!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

ich bin ein detroiter...

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Originally posted by Bonochick:
There's quite a few Michiganders around...we should all get together for a party!
biggrin.gif

hehehe...I did that five years ago before the Detroit show at the Pontiac Silverdome. It was such fun! We hung out, exchanged stories, and sang U2 karaoke! hehe

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

surprisely I never saw this thread when it was started. I used to live in Detroit and my parents are still there so I'm there all the time. It would fun to finally meet up with some of you there!

*comes in a year late*

hey yo.....i'm from grand rapids.....as are 2 other interferencers (friends from high school)......ultraviolet light and livluvbootlegmusic......so yeah.......

*leaves*

I'm in oakland county Michigan!

:wave: Nice to see a few folks from Michigan in here! has anyone
here signed up at the U2 meetup?? I have, but it's disappointing
cuz every month I sign up to "meetup" with other detroit area U2 fans and no one else signs up and the "meetup" never occurs!!so if you guys sign up we can meet in person!! anyone interested??

I signed up the for U2 Meetup, but nobody ever RSVP's (I think there's only one other person for my area anyway). Plus, I have Thursday night classes starting next week, so that day is no good! :scream:

We should plan a gathering in the U2 Gatherings forum!!!!!! I'd love to help make it happen, if we can get enough people involved! :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom