Need help from Austrailians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hi there :wave: I'm looking for any Aussies that could help me out. Ever since my brother went to Austrailia while he was in the Navy, he's been raving about Victoria Bitter (or VB as the natives say). Unfortuantely we cannot find it anywhere over here.

Could anyone please help us out by possibly exporting a couple of cases to us? I'd definately pay for all costs that would incur. Just let me know how much we're talking about. Thanks! :hyper:

longlogo.jpg

this is not what I was expecting when I opened this thread.
hahahahahahahaha..he musta really really like that beer.
I used to drink VB (I had a discussion with a friend recently, we both agreed BEER IS GOOD! It has a real loosening up/ joyous effect.Shame it's so goddamned fattening)
I heard a beer-maker talking on the radio some time ago. They were having a beer festival in Sydney ( your bro woulda loved that I guess) He said VB is "the Fanta of the beer world" it is just loaded with sugar, much more than other beers.....must be why I liked it so much.
I have no idea what the cost of sending cartons of beer would be. It is available in cans, suppose they would travel more easily. My bro-in-law flies DC-10's for the Australian Navy. Maybe he can sneak over a slab or two...as if they don't already.
Gosh man, they would end up being expensive drinks...I have been slowly trying beers from around the world...I had a couple of nice ones from the USA...it may be cheaper for your bro to fly down here and go on a binge.
I'm still laughing.......thanks.

Thanks Cass LOL Yup, Richie definately loved the VB. After his West Pac (or was it South Pac) I went to go see him after his ship pulled in. I cannot tell you how many cases of VB I saw being carted off of his ship!! Almost every sailor had two or three cases!! He definately would love to go back. Loves everything about Austrailia.. the friendly people, the beautful locals, etc.

How much does a pack of cans go for? I can figure out the shipping costs aproximently. But you're right, it'd prolly be alot better just to go there for a binge :lol:

Oh, come on...our American stuff isn't so bad!

*pause*

Just get drunk on other stuff first...then you barely taste it anyway. ;)

:lmao: cleasai. VB is either loved or hated here. I cant believe Cass is a drinker of it! Fosters is so NOT Australian for beer!!

Prices vary greatly. They come in 375ml cans, stubbies or longnecks. Cans might ship better but beer in a can is putrid. Costs per case are around $22AUD - $28AUD, depending on the type and where you buy it from. It might be cheaper from Melbourne or Victoria in general, as I believe its brewed down there.

Try www.victoriabitter.com.au which will redirect you to the Fosters site. They may have something available for shipping. Shipping will end up costing a lot though, as an average carton weighs about 9-10 kg's.

I still can't get over the fact that someone from overseas loves it that much, they are willing to pay import prices!! :lmao:

I was thinking of you last night cleasai. I was in a bottleshop looking at a huge refrigerator full of different beers from all around the world trying to decide what to drink before I went to see silverchair( I decided in beer, just a sip really gets me there lately...good stuff:) cheap shout).
I imagine such a refrigerator could be found in the USA?surely shirley.
Me and decisions...as usual my choice was based on art. I chose the Belgian beer called "Lucifer". It had a read devil on the label. it reminded me of this place. It wasn't such a cheap shout really...$8Aus for a tiny little bottle, and I spilt half of it trying to open the bottle on the car door.
I bet Bono's 42nd birthday was a bit more stylish, but I wonder if he had as much fun?

Across the niiiiiiiiiiiii iii iight
Across the niiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiii ight

I can't stop singing that...what a show!!!
anyway good luck

PS: my bro-in-law was in the navy for years , but he has been in the airforce for some time now. It's them that owns the DC10's. Minor detail:)

Dammit! I go away for a few days and totally miss people actually replying to this forgotten thread. I had just about given up. :tongue: Yes I know that importing beer is really expensive, but unfortunately I have no means to travel to Austrailia nor any local contact for VB here. There are some small local pubs that brew exceptional beer here, but I thought it would be nice to get my brother some for memory sake :)

Btw Meggy, Thanks for another classic paintjob heh heh :applaud:

I wonder why some threads are subscribed and some not

probably something to do with the price of beer in Dublin? or just straight out drunkeness?

cleasai, have you found what your'e loking for yet? ther must be an importer there somewhere?
hahahhahahhaha @ the picture
that is how I am planning on getting to Dublin.
** cass hands cleasai an economy size tub of Vaseline**
Suzie Maroney style.

:heart: @ brother love.
It's the thought that counts..... draw him a picture :)

cleasai
have you got a taste of VB yet?
There is a buzz in Sydney today because 5 American war ships on their way home from the Gulf just arrived in the Harbour. 6,500 sailors, here for 4 days and then headed back to San Diego. Maybe your brother can email a friend to bring some back for him?
I have been listening to the radio this morning and people ringing in with their "dial-a sailor" stories. It's been sweet.
Funny thing, when I went to Brisbane to see the U2 Popmart concert an American ship was in port, sailors in every bar we visited, filling in time before the concert.
ahhhhhhhhhh memories:)
Anyway I hope you read this in the next few days.
good luck:wave:
not only will VB put hairs on your chest...it will make a very funky part, right down the middle...BEWARE:evil:

cass said:
cleasai
not only will VB put hairs on your chest...it will make a very funky part, right down the middle...BEWARE :evil:

:lmao: bwahaha that's classic! Thanks Cass! I'll let Richie (my brother) know! Not sure if he still knows too many people in the Navy but its worth a shot :) I hope our servicemen have been behaving themselves while in port :mac: How lucky for those sailors to be able to catch a U2 concert while in port! Im very jealous

woah...blast from the past!!
but I thought of you yesterday
well not just yesterday...the day before too, because of the fires. I'm glad you are OK.

anyway

yesterday I saw some VB T-shirts on sale...and you know I LOVE a sale. Instead of being $32, they are $16...BARGAIN!! imho.
I don't know what that translates to in US$...not much methinks!
They are good quality official CUB shirts, dark green with either just the logo on them, or the logo with a picture of a glass and a tap filling the glass.....very artistic:D...well they are if you like VB.
:lmao:
anyway, just thought I'd mention them to you. A T-shirt is a bit lighter than a carton of beer.
Stay cool
:wave:

my grandfather once made an old looking areoplane out of VB cans, we still have it around the house somewhere....if i find it i'll take a picture and post it here

Back
Top Bottom