Milwaukee!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Milwaukee......

My best friend from college grew up there, and I dated a woman from there - so I have been there a few times.

Things to do:
During the summer, there is a festival area near the lake that has something going on every weekend. Depending on when you pass through - Summerfest may be going on. Worht checking out.

Miller has a cool brewery tour. Two free beers at the end.

Harley makes there engines in town. If you are into motorcylces ( :sexywink: ) - check out the tour.

Miller Park (home of the brewers) is a pretty amazing place - I went last summer.

Frank Lloyd Wright was from the Madison area (one hour West on I-94) and designed a very interesting church in town (I am a big FLW fan - but can't remember the location of the church).

they also have a fairly new art museum in town. I have not been to it yet, but the design is amazing (swooping roof). It is on the lake - form what I hear - it is worth taking a lok into.

As for local culture, not too far from Marquette University is the German and Polish area of town. Go Polka dancing.

If you like greasy spoons, there is a chain called Webb's. yum, grease!

In a summary - there is Zonelistener's Travel Guide to Milwaukee.

p.s. (edit) - Disco grew up there - she could probably give you some more insight. :wink:

Last edited:
(as they say in Mke-eeze) jeez louise! I grew up dere, but I been away so long I forgot everything! :eeklaugh:

Zoney put it in a nutshell. Milwaukee CRAMS everything in during the 2-3 good months, so you won't ever lack for things to do. To add to Zone's activity list:
  • Summerfest is a MUST (some of the best music around), as is Polish Fest, Irish Fest, Festa Italiana and all the other "fests" ....http://www.onmilwaukee.com/seasonal/festivals/ Basically, Milwaukee is one big eat-a-thon and beer-a-thon!
  • take the 'Iroquois' across Lake Michigan to uh...Michigan,
  • hang out on the East Side (the "hip" area of town), and visit the lovely lakefront. Be sure to drive, walk or bike down Lake Shore Drive, where the beautiful "old money" homes reside;
  • actually the newest "hip" part of town is the Old Third Ward district - the old industrial area. Lots of great shops, eateries (try La Boulangerie), buskers and other interesting bits.
  • drive out to Kettle Moraine, one of the most gorgeous natural areas in the state (better in the fall actually);
  • see a bball game at the huge new baseball stadium (wth a retractable roof);
  • the zoo, Mke. Art Museum, and Mke. Public Museum are all great;
  • catch the arts at the Bradley Center (where U2 performed!) :heart:
  • omg, I nearly forgot - THE DOMES!! 3 huge indoor climatescapes, they're fantastic!
  • GOTTA HAVE: Milwaukee beer, a Milwaukee brat, some good Polish food and of course....some wonderful Wisconsin cheese! Hey, why do you think I'm called "goudagirl" in my other life??? :sexywink:

http://www.milwaukee.org/main.cfm

Disco...aka goudagirl the cheesehead :D

Back
Top Bottom